Thread: car camping question

Lurker

Question car camping question

Once you have gotten your spot, Can you use your car or is it parked for the weekend? I am getting there on Thursday but wanted to hit a show that night in LA and would need the car to get there.

Default Re: car camping question

Wait... You're at Coachella and you want to leave to see a show in L.A.? Weird. In any case, there are no ins and outs for vehicles in the campground area itself. (Unless you've made arrangements with the lot staff, or have an emergency/valid reason. Pretty sure that once you leave, you give up that spot. ) If you're going with other people, maybe get them to use their vehicle for camping, and get yourself a companion parking pass to use for yourself. I'm curious about the show in L.A. you need to see because you're talking about missing a whole day of the fest if you factor in all the shit that happens and the time spent making it happen...Drive time to and from, etc... Better be a good show!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Oops, just re-read that and realized it was Thursday Nite you were talking about. New scenario and plan... Go to your show in L.A. Thursday Night. Then, leave straight from the venue and get your ass in line at Coachella. If you're there before they open the gates to the campgrounds, you can catch some rest waiting. And while I'm sure there will be entry lines on Friday, they won't be nearly as harsh as the entry on Thursday.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

You are definitely allowed to move your car from your car camping spot. You cannot, however, bring itack once it is moved. Here's where the companion pass comed in to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Lurker

Thanks. I have been to the festival four times but have never camped. I heard you get the best spaces if you get there on Thursday. I fly in Thursday morning and was going to head to Indio that day and then try to drive back to Pomona that night for a show at glass house. I am going it alone so the companion thing isn't an option. Thanks for the help.

You can't move your car. Ask around on the forum to see if you can catch a ride to the concert.

Is it this one?

KCRW Presents
    Yeasayer
    Wild Nothing, Wild Belle
    Thu, April 11, 2013
    7:00 pm
    The Glass House
    Pomona, CA
    $22.50

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djfk1 View Post
    Thanks. I have been to the festival four times but have never camped. I heard you get the best spaces if you get there on Thursday. I fly in Thursday morning and was going to head to Indio that day and then try to drive back to Pomona that night for a show at glass house. I am going it alone so the companion thing isn't an option. Thanks for the help.
    you can still get a companion pass if you're camping alone.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    You can't move your car. Ask around on the forum to see if you can catch a ride to the concert.

Is it this one?

KCRW Presents
    Yeasayer
    Wild Nothing, Wild Belle
    Thu, April 11, 2013
    7:00 pm
    The Glass House
    Pomona, CA
    $22.50
    No I am going weekend two. It is Portugal the Man and Lord Huron

You do realize Portugal the Man is playing on Saturday of both weekends of Coachella don't you?...

Bad information being given here... you absolutely can leave with your car from the camp ground and come back in. But keep in mind that when you come back in you'll have to go back through the car search line to get in. Aside from that there's a curfew on the camp grounds of 10pm I think it was last year where you can't come back in anymore from the outside in a car.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10