Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Old People

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Default Re: Old People

Are you joke? R U JOKE?! That's like saying that Hood life is hard when you look like a narc. Incorrect. Hood life and festivals are hard when you don't look like a narc. Looking like a narc keeps the little e-tards away from you at festies. Looking like a narc keeps people from trying to jump you in the hood. Looking like a narc gets you smiles from women who don't smoke rock. Looking like a narc gets you overlooked by the police/ security force, even if you've got a burning blunt cupped in your hand and they can smell it. Seriously, why are you this age and not keen on using what you've got to your advantage yet? If you were a fifteen year old girl with developing good looks, you'd be sightyears ahead of your current self.

I was in my 40's the first Coachella- will be 59 at this one and haven't missed one yet. I would say most people don't care how old you are and generally are friendly.I often go by myself to see bands that my kids don't want to see( all of my "kids" are adults now) and have never noticed if anyone thinks I am old(I don't think I am old anyway)! I think the music keeps me young.

Momof5, you need to make it to one of the meet ups.

Gunz will you be visiting the campgrounds and if yes can you bring the hip massager?

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

I thought this was the time of the year we all come together (as good as we can.) But no, everyone is acting like a bunch of asses. Maybe it's because some know they won't be going again, some wk1 and wk2 or the other way around, so you won't meet the people on the board and be real. Strange but I guess in the grand schema, it really makes no fucking difference either way .....
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

this will be my 12 cchella. ive been in my 40s for the past 7. im going weekend 2 and cant wait as this will be the first time in a while that i can thoroughly enjoy it all since i won't be seriously running from work to fest and needing to take it easy from the haul out and back. i've got more time to plan and pack and get there earlier on Thursday.
    i try not to judge anyone, do my best to appreciate our differences, and practice peace & kindness. regardless of age or preferences, let love rule!

Quote Originally Posted by carolinesgood View Post
    this will be my 12 cchella. ive been in my 40s for the past 7. im going weekend 2 and cant wait as this will be the first time in a while that i can thoroughly enjoy it all since i won't be seriously running from work to fest and needing to take it easy from the haul out and back. i've got more time to plan and pack and get there earlier on Thursday.
    i try not to judge anyone, do my best to appreciate our differences, and practice peace & kindness. regardless of age or preferences, let love rule!
    Good for you. I think the funny thing about your post though is you don't say how old your are: Just if we add em up, yea I think I can do that ... Be that the case, hi young one, have a great time AGAIN .... ........

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Gunz will you be visiting the campgrounds and if yes can you bring the hip massager?
    Yes and yes.

I turned 44 just before seeing Macca and Cohen, which was my first Coachella and I've been hooked ever since. My co-workers know not to plan anything big around this time as it is one of about 2-3 unchangeable weekends on my annual calendar.

Now, camping is not my speed in general and definitely not at Coachella. One Rose Parade at age 19 was enough to make me appreciate the value of a night's sleep. We stay in a hotel and make a family weekend out of it. My wife and younger son hand out in the desert while my older son and I go to the fest.

Bottom line is that I do look around and don't find many older than I, but in the end, it doesn't matter. Cool people are cool people no matter their age. What really matters is that my son and I get to walk these magnificent polo fields for three days.

Hope to see some of you oldies out there. If you see an old dude that could stand a salad or two in a tie-dye shirt, it's likely me. Say hello and hit me up for a beer in the garden (just not during Diiv, Lou Reed or Local Natives).

Have a good show.

I'm 46 and my wife is 48 and we've beeen going for years. We don't think we're old. I always see
    people older than I am though. Lots of them. We never camp though - always rent a house or stay
    in a hotel.

Well I am one of the oldest chronologically and I am camping all summer. I guess I am doing something wrong. It's fun but yea, I love a great shower every day ....

48, although I still get mistaken for being about a decade younger quite often. This will be my 3rd Coachella. Interact with folks of all ages. Generally, we all love music, so we all have something in common, and this thing transcends age. I've never met anyone but great, fun people, of all ages. Anyone acting like a douche bag I just ignore.
    Even though I look it, I'm not a cop.

Coachella 10, 12.1, 13.1, 14.2
    SXSW 14
    Lalapalooza 94

Ron, you're going week 2, right? That's too bad, I'd like to meet you.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

I thought this was the time of the year we all come together (as good as we can.) But no, everyone is acting like a bunch of asses. Maybe it's because some know they won't be going again, some wk1 and wk2 or the other way around, so you won't meet the people on the board and be real. Strange but I guess in the grand schema, it really makes no fucking difference either way .....
    I've never gone to Coachella in order to meet people. You will meet people, and even if you don't, you'll have a good time. This year I seem to have a board anti-following. Should I be nice to these people, and offer them beer if they suck me proper? Should I ignore their tantrums, because, you know, they've got friends here, so they must be totally cool? Nah. I made a certain impression on these people. From what I've seen, there's a group of people on this board who are overly sensitive, extremely internet territorial, and completely narrow minded. If I encounter this on the internet, I respond accordingly. I don't blame them for maintaining their current posture, but it is pretty boring. I could have, at any moment, called in a group of real people to make multiple accounts each, and dominate this board. All without using racism, or an abundance of curse words. Consider yourselves blessed that it's just been me, this single account of mine, and that I actually leave the message board when I leave my laptop. That group I previously mentioned are the type who will bitch on their laptop until they have to leave the house, at which point they'll take out their cell phone, enter the message board, and continue bitching as if typing by some divine guidance.

It's just a message board. Over three quarters of the posts in this message board have to do with personal issues, instead of Coachella. When you spend a portion of every day in here, you sort of lose Coachella-related topics, and start moving on to more personal topics. Does that mean it's bad, or wrong? It means you need to consider taking a more discrete route with your posts, or you need to stop being so critical with every other off-topic post.

If you read my posts, you can tell I'm a pretty nice person who just has a lot of wicked shit on his mind. If you read Algunz's posts in response to me, you'll see that she's also a pretty nice person (very likely), who can't play unless everyone is on her team. I should have taken that into account before dealing with her, but I figured she had a stronger constitution, with all the shit spewing from her fingers. Live and learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Ron, you're going week 2, right? That's too bad, I'd like to meet you.
    Yea I wish wk1. Hey a show is a show but I will miss a meetup with most peeps from here. Might catch you at one of the shows (in my sig for sure shows)...cr****

Are you going to be wandering at all in SoCal before you head back to Colorado?

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    I've never gone to Coachella in order to meet people. You will meet people, and even if you don't, you'll have a good time. This year I seem to have a board anti-following. Should I be nice to these people, and offer them beer if they suck me proper? Should I ignore their tantrums, because, you know, they've got friends here, so they must be totally cool? Nah. I made a certain impression on these people. From what I've seen, there's a group of people on this board who are overly sensitive, extremely internet territorial, and completely narrow minded. If I encounter this on the internet, I respond accordingly. I don't blame them for maintaining their current posture, but it is pretty boring. I could have, at any moment, called in a group of real people to make multiple accounts each, and dominate this board. All without using racism, or an abundance of curse words. Consider yourselves blessed that it's just been me, this single account of mine, and that I actually leave the message board when I leave my laptop. That group I previously mentioned are the type who will bitch on their laptop until they have to leave the house, at which point they'll take out their cell phone, enter the message board, and continue bitching as if typing by some divine guidance.

It's just a message board. Over three quarters of the posts in this message board have to do with personal issues, instead of Coachella. When you spend a portion of every day in here, you sort of lose Coachella-related topics, and start moving on to more personal topics. Does that mean it's bad, or wrong? It means you need to consider taking a more discrete route with your posts, or you need to stop being so critical with every other off-topic post.

If you read my posts, you can tell I'm a pretty nice person who just has a lot of wicked shit on his mind. If you read Algunz's posts in response to me, you'll see that she's also a pretty nice person (very likely), who can't play unless everyone is on her team. I should have taken that into account before dealing with her, but I figured she had a stronger constitution, with all the shit spewing from her fingers. Live and learn.
    Just thought I'd let you know. We don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
    Just thought I'd let you know. We don't care.
    We as in you and the growth on your face? Or we as in you, and the two people on the message board who've had internet encounters with you? Just curious =)

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Are you going to be wandering at all in SoCal before you head back to Colorado?
    We might stay at house in S Bern for a couple of days b4 or after, if we are having a great time we will head over to Paso for a while. Not sure .....I have a month b4 waka. Tnx for asking Mrs G..........

S Bern is my home town. For the hole that it is, I haven't seen it looking this nice in at least ten years. All those pesky mormons must be selling out their land to investors finally. They'll never give up the prime places like the McDonald's Mansion though. You know they were plenty upset when Romney lost =)

We might stay at house in S Bern for a couple of days b4 or after, if we are having a great time we will head over to Paso for a while. Not sure .....I have a month b4 waka. Tnx for asking Mrs G..........
    You should make your way toward the OC. Izzy and I would love to show you around and you can crash at our place or camp in the backyard. (We've got lots of space.) It's a formal invitation. If we plan ahead, we could host a boardie gathering in your honor.

at the old folks home....

You should make your way toward the OC. Izzy and I would love to show you around and you can crash at our place or camp in the backyard. (We've got lots of space.) It's a formal invitation. If we plan ahead, we could host a boardie gathering in your honor.
    I'd love to see Izzy cuz I have seen her grow up with your pics but I am still mad at you. .....Suzy has been thru LA metro but just that, thru it. Sounds like a plan but let me grrrrr a few more days ..... Ron****

Yea Zaf. Not sure where my sis house is. I stayed there in 06 I think it was when and two ladies from the Bay and myself drove to Coachella. Doable but a bit long each day, so camping since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    We as in you and the growth on your face? Or we as in you, and the two people on the message board who've had internet encounters with you? Just curious =)
    Don't like perniciousness? Maybe you should look in the mirror.

Whether you stay or not, we must plan some rendezvous.

Whether you stay or not, we must plan some rendezvous.
    Yep you know some boardies out there so hey, it would rank up there with one of my fests this year lolz ........ok for us OLD folks and a shout out to GPS for his late BD vid .... What I used to and still rock too .... cr****

Besides I couldn't get this fucking song out of my head, hope it does that to you haha ....

Hey Ron...
    How far are you from the Red Rocks Amphitheater?

Non rush hour, maybe 30 minutes dicking around .....

can someone clarify what is old? is it a number or how you act or how you think you act or how you look or how old people think you are? i desperately need to know where i fit in here. FOMO
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer