Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Old People

Default Re: Old People

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    hahaha. i hope i dress better when i get there.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

I just hope I get there, then I'll worry about what to wear!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    hahaha. i hope i dress better when i get there.
    Put a big purple fluffy feather in that hat, and I'd wear what she's wearing. Them some fly duds, yo.

Yea no soul can pull off purple ...

Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by wakeupmandy View Post
    Yep! It's better for everyone if I get a weekend away. I can't wait until they are old enough to hang out with me at Coachella!
    I am 43 with three kids. This year will be my 2nd coachella. I would love to bring my kids too and they would love to go. They just can not get away. Too much school and sports stuff.

For you old timers out there, Safari tents are the only way to go!

Lurker

April 18th is my 44th birthday - first timer and going solo - I can't wait!!!

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Yea no soul can pull off purple ...

Oh, I don't know about that, Ron...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by gmfortner View Post
    If you are weekend one I'll see you in Safari
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Oh, I don't know about that, Ron...

I fucking rock!

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    If you are weekend one I'll see you in Safari
    Weekend 1 for me too. Hoping the weather is like last year weekend 1.

Weekend 1 for me too. Hoping the weather is like last year weekend 1.
    My retirement group (i am 44) will also be doing Safari this year (wk 1)...

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn163 View Post
    My husband really wanted to do safari this year and I talked him out of it (crazy I know) and just got the VIP passes. Is it really worth the money? Not to derail all the old talk (48 here), but if it is I may let him talk me into it next year.
    It depends on what is important to you. We come from far away so traditional camping isn't practical. We fly in and don't drive. Also, being VERY comfortable in the tents (AC/beds, furniture etc) and getting golf cart rides to and from the stages from backstage is awesome. There is also a ton of bottled water and food made available morning and night. Being able to watch side stage or at the artist/guest areas is awesome too, particularly if you are short like me and being in crowds can be tough. With 3 of us going it takes the cost to about 2700 apiece, which, when you consider what you'd pay for a VIP ticket, hotel and shuttle plus food and water, it's pretty good value considering all the perks you get with it. (Swimming pool, lounging tent, access to the artist trailer rest area, VIP everywhere, private bathrooms and shower trailers).
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Missing one of these:

Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha99 View Post
    My retirement group (i am 44) will also be doing Safari this year (wk 1)...
    Ditto.
    Even though I look it, I'm not a cop.

Coachella 10, 12.1, 13.1, 14.2
    SXSW 14
    Lalapalooza 94

I don't see myself retiring very soon, so we'll just stick it out with the animals in the campground... -

It depends on what is important to you. We come from far away so traditional camping isn't practical. We fly in and don't drive. Also, being VERY comfortable in the tents (AC/beds, furniture etc) and getting golf cart rides to and from the stages from backstage is awesome. There is also a ton of bottled water and food made available morning and night. Being able to watch side stage or at the artist/guest areas is awesome too, particularly if you are short like me and being in crowds can be tough. With 3 of us going it takes the cost to about 2700 apiece, which, when you consider what you'd pay for a VIP ticket, hotel and shuttle plus food and water, it's pretty good value considering all the perks you get with it. (Swimming pool, lounging tent, access to the artist trailer rest area, VIP everywhere, private bathrooms and shower trailers).
    Thanks. May consider this next year.

No side stage viewing this year. From an email I got from Valley Music "Regarding access, the only thing that is changing this year pertains to the production areas behind and on the side of the stages. This should not affect any of the experiential amenities of the Safari program and is mainly a safety measure."

As for Lynn163 asking if it is worth it, I would say it depends. I think it is worth every penny. The tents are just part of the benefit. You have access to the polo grounds before the gates even open. This makes getting your t'shirt purchase easy. The tents include a buffet style breakfast and dinner. The food was surprisingly good and was different each day. If you had some things to snack on during the day, you could not even need to purchase food the whole weekend.

But what I like the best is the convenience of the whole thing. We would get up and get some breakfast and head over for some of the early bands. There is usually a period mid-afternoon where we would be able to take a break. A quick golf cart ride back to the tent area. Shower, change of clothes and head back. Probably only gone for 45 minutes. As the sun went down it started to get cold. Another quick golf cart trip back to pick up a sweat shirt, the right back. Gone only about 15 minutes, maybe 45 minutes if you decided to eat. If you can afford it you should try it, I don't think you would regret it.

No side stage viewing this year. From an email I got from Valley Music "Regarding access, the only thing that is changing this year pertains to the production areas behind and on the side of the stages. This should not affect any of the experiential amenities of the Safari program and is mainly a safety measure."
    I checked with customer service upon seeing this and there may still be some access in certain parts of the stage where you can stand, it's just going to be away from the production equipment and further off to the side. But of course with headliners you don't get any stage access. I guess we'll see what it looks like when we get there.

Old people get hurt while attending Coachella.
    Everyones a Photographer.

I checked with customer service upon seeing this and there may still be some access in certain parts of the stage where you can stand, it's just going to be away from the production equipment and further off to the side. But of course with headliners you don't get any stage access. I guess we'll see what it looks like when we get there.
    If you are getting a "Guest" wristband then there will be no access into the actual stage areas, that is reserved for production and artist passes. There will be fenced in corridors/walkways from the back road out to the ga area and guest pit in front of the stages, but that will be it. The days of hanging out on the stage or directly next to or behind it are over.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    If you are getting a "Guest" wristband then there will be no access into the actual stage areas, that is reserved for production and artist passes. There will be fenced in corridors/walkways from the back road out to the ga area and guest pit in front of the stages, but that will be it. The days of hanging out on the stage or directly next to or behind it are over.
    Wow that's too bad. But the guest viewing in the front seems okay. I'm glad they have it at the main and outdoor this year. In 2011 there was no separate guest/artist viewing - it was only at the tents.

I am 43 with three kids. This year will be my 2nd coachella. I would love to bring my kids too and they would love to go. They just can not get away. Too much school and sports stuff.

44, going w/out my kids too, can't wait. Couldn't afford the whole safari tent cost, did splurge on VIP tix and car camping.

Is there a "mellow" place to camp? I'm arriving first thing Friday morning, and was planning on getting as close to the gates as I could. But now I guess that might not be the way to go if I actually want to get some sleep...

The Red Headed Groupie,
    Wendalena

Quote Originally Posted by Wendalena View Post
    44, going w/out my kids too, can't wait. Couldn't afford the whole safari tent cost, did splurge on VIP tix and car camping.

Is there a "mellow" place to camp? I'm arriving first thing Friday morning, and was planning on getting as close to the gates as I could. But now I guess that might not be the way to go if I actually want to get some sleep...

The Red Headed Groupie,
    Wendalena
    I don't know where you KIDS should camp Welcome to the Roo... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Wendalena View Post

The Red Headed Groupie,
    Wendalena

I have never done "normal" camping so I can't tell you where is good or bad. What I can tell you is you don't really have a choice. When you get through security they will tell you where to park. It is not a chose your spot process.

I have never done "normal" camping so I can't tell you where is good or bad. What I can tell you is you don't really have a choice. When you get through security they will tell you where to park. It is not a chose your spot process.
    Thanks, I just read that on another thread. Guess I'll just hope for the best.

I think there will be a lot of older people there, especially with the stone roses playing, I think there will be loads of british and irish folks. I'm older myself but i'm pretty youthfiul and energetic and I usually get along much better with people younger than me than I do with people older. I'm looking forward to it all and hope that everyone around my tent are good people. As I have car camping if I really need sleep or to get away from noise i'll just go in the car and wear noise cancelling headphones!

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

I miss Australians wearing Daft Punk shirts at Coachella. =( AUS>UK

Lurker

Just hang out in VIP with the old celebs and douche-bags trying to look hip and cool. But ya you will be fine, I remember when Roger Waters played a few years back there were a ton of people 40+

well I can't speak for festivals, but I can say that all the shows I go to , I see people that are well over 50, hell I went to see the Smashing Pumpkins and there was this old man who must've been like 68 completely bald and shriveled rockin' out, to the point he looked like he was having a seizure lmfao. Everyone around took a picture, video or gave him props , it was pretty hilarious to see such an old man in the crowd of people that were like 18~36. I'm expecting to see a fair amount of people in their 40's here.

Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    well I can't speak for festivals, but I can say that all the shows I go to , I see people that are well over 50, hell I went to see the Smashing Pumpkins and there was this old man who must've been like 68 completely bald and shriveled rockin' out, to the point he looked like he was having a seizure lmfao. Everyone around took a picture, video or gave him props , it was pretty hilarious to see such an old man in the crowd of people that were like 18~36. I'm expecting to see a fair amount of people in their 40's here.
    That sounds like that Howard guy who has his own thread here somewhere.