Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Looking to hire photographer weekend 1

  1. #1
    Member brematale111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    717

    Default Looking to hire photographer weekend 1

    I plan on proposing to my girlfriend on the saturday of coachella, weekend 1 (around sunset) and I'd like to hire a legitimate photographer to capture the moment. If you're interested, send me a sample of your work and what your rate would be. PM if easier, thanks!

  2. #2
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    11,960

    Default Re: Looking to hire photographer weekend 1

    You paying for their pass, too? Or expecting someone already going to volunteer?

  3. #3
    Member blackchango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Mount Kilamanjaro
    Posts
    1,976

    Default Re: Looking to hire photographer weekend 1

    Paging Ivankay!
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?

  4. #4
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    11,960

    Default Re: Looking to hire photographer weekend 1

    He'll be too busy to plan for something like this.

  5. #5
    Member brematale111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    717

    Default Re: Looking to hire photographer weekend 1

    I don't expect ivankay to do it, he does some great work, but if somebody is already going and is a photographer, I'm hoping we can work something out

  6. #6

    Default Re: Looking to hire photographer weekend 1

    I can do it, I have instagram and planning on getting a go pro. If you pay for my cocaine for the weekend thats good enough for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

  7. #7
    Member brematale111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    717

    Default Re: Looking to hire photographer weekend 1

    bath salts and spice for you

  8. #8
    photoslut ivankay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stanton, Ca
    Posts
    7,876

    Default Re: Looking to hire photographer weekend 1

    Congrats on the upcoming proposal. You and Steve are right about my being busy. i have to clear the time for the group shot and there's a reason the window to shoot it is so short. Being someplace for sure is kinda complicated for me. Please give me the details of your location and time. If i happen to be in the area, i'll try to be there for extra shots.

  9. #9
    Member icedKeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,730

    Default Re: Looking to hire photographer weekend 1

    Quote Originally Posted by brematale111 View Post
    I plan on proposing to my girlfriend on the saturday of coachella, weekend 1 (around sunset) and I'd like to hire a legitimate photographer to capture the moment. If you're interested, send me a sample of your work and what your rate would be. PM if easier, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

  10. #10
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,562

    Default Re: Looking to hire photographer weekend 1

    Photographer, or not, you know someone is gonna capture and post it on you tube, right? And seeing as your girlfriend has no idea, (Or, does she?) the odds of actually setting up a time and place might be tough due to unforeseen circumstances, not to mention she might begin to wonder why some person with a camera keeps following you guys around. I'd say that if you're going with a group of friends, one of them is bound to be decent with a camera and can probably get a lot closer without her knowing any better... Just a thought...

  11. #11
    photoslut ivankay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stanton, Ca
    Posts
    7,876

    Default Re: Looking to hire photographer weekend 1

    i don't think the photographer being around will be suspicious. They're all over the place. Where ever the location is, it seems normal that someone would be taking pictures of it.

  12. #12
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,562

    Default Re: Looking to hire photographer weekend 1

    Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    i don't think the photographer being around will be suspicious. They're all over the place. Where ever the location is, it seems normal that someone would be taking pictures of it.
    Yeah, you're right...What am I thinking? You're the dude in charge of getting how many members of this message board together at one time for a photo? (I tip my spirit hood to you! ) Hey,now there's an idea...brematale could drop to his knee at the board meetup and we could all be witnesses and go, "Awwwwww..."

  13. #13
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    8,393

    Default Re: Looking to hire photographer weekend 1

    If you watch 50 of Xanman's YT videos he will record the whole thing for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

  14. #14
    Rover canexplain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Aurora Colorado
    Posts
    14,995

    Default Re: Looking to hire photographer weekend 1

    Being someplace for sure is kinda complicated for me

    Ya sound like me Mike .... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

  15. #15
    Member brematale111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    717

    Default Re: Looking to hire photographer weekend 1

    Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    Congrats on the upcoming proposal. You and Steve are right about my being busy. i have to clear the time for the group shot and there's a reason the window to shoot it is so short. Being someplace for sure is kinda complicated for me. Please give me the details of your location and time. If i happen to be in the area, i'll try to be there for extra shots.
    Thanks ivan, I'll have to get back to you on that one, as I'm still undecided on the location and time. If you happen to be there, great, if not, thanks anyways!

    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Photographer, or not, you know someone is gonna capture and post it on you tube, right? And seeing as your girlfriend has no idea, (Or, does she?) the odds of actually setting up a time and place might be tough due to unforeseen circumstances, not to mention she might begin to wonder why some person with a camera keeps following you guys around. I'd say that if you're going with a group of friends, one of them is bound to be decent with a camera and can probably get a lot closer without her knowing any better... Just a thought...
    No, no she doesn't have any idea. Just an idea, but I thought I could "meet up" with the photographer at a designated location discreetly, letting them know beforehand what I look like, what I'm dressed in, etc. We are going with a group of friends but every year our group always gets separated, and they're not the most reliable bunch; but if I can't find any semi-professional photos to be taken, I'll settle for a friend doing it.

  16. #16
    Member Riggins33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Santa Monica
    Posts
    1,329

    Default Re: Looking to hire photographer weekend 1

    You should propose where Jaws pops out the water at Universal Studios.

Similar Threads

  1. Aspiring photographer in need of a photopass
    By elliot richter in forum Questions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-27-2010, 09:46 AM
  2. Any Journalist In need of a Photographer?
    By slash in forum Questions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 07:53 PM
  3. placebo signing - photographer?
    By ashtraygrl in forum Questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 05:17 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 06:51 PM
  5. Photographer needs Press Pass
    By Pixel Perfect Images.net in forum Questions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-13-2007, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •