Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Car Camping Party Weekend 2!

Default Re: Car Camping Party Weekend 2!

Heads up to you newbies. It takes a really long fucking time to get into the campgrounds from the first 1mile check in. EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME I leave Ralph's before 6pm, it has always gotten me at my spot at 10pm. NO JOKE. You are in line for hours. I seriously seriously recommend that you get every supply you need before hand, and as quickly as possible. I don't plan on staying at Ralph's for long, because leaving at 3 still puts us at the site around 5pm, possibly later. I have left at all different times, and never in my years set up camp in daylight. I'm hoping to share with you folks, and would love to get there during daylight hours to set up.

So that's something to consider.

good thing i probably won't be able to make it til late night. Unless that means I won't get to my spot until 5 am....

Quote Originally Posted by djbionik View Post
    Heads up to you newbies. It takes a really long fucking time to get into the campgrounds from the first 1mile check in. EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME I leave Ralph's before 6pm, it has always gotten me at my spot at 10pm. NO JOKE. You are in line for hours. I seriously seriously recommend that you get every supply you need before hand, and as quickly as possible. I don't plan on staying at Ralph's for long, because leaving at 3 still puts us at the site around 5pm, possibly later. I have left at all different times, and never in my years set up camp in daylight. I'm hoping to share with you folks, and would love to get there during daylight hours to set up.

So that's something to consider.
    Yeah last year I had to set up in the dark and I wasn't feeling it. We are going to try and get to Indio ASAP.But with flights, traffic, picking up rental cars and pre orders at Walmart who knows. I so envy the people that are close enough to drive to this thing!

Me and my friend are Coachella newbies driving to Indio from San Diego on Thursday night. We are camping but arent sure if we should go straight to the campgrounds or go first thing Friday morning (my parents have a house in La Quinta that we can stay on Thursday night.) We really want to hang out and camp with some cool people and have some fun neighbors. Hit me up if you want to try and meet up.

Lurker

DONT HAVE A PASS BUT IM LOCAL AND GOT GOT BUD FOR DAYS LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED WHERE ARE WE MEETING
    2005 - 2009 - 2013 - W-2 - 2014 - W-1 - 2015 - W-1 -

anyone willing to adopt me and a friend for weekend 2 on theri camping spot_

HI!

My roommates and I. 3 girls from San Diego have a ton of camping gear just looking for somewhere to stay. We will supply everything and give a little extra money if we can stay with you guys. We are bringing tons of booze, etc. and are more than willing to share! Let me know!!

Mary Kate Jankowski

Do you have a camping pass?? My roommates and I, 3 girls, are looking for somewhere to stay and are willing to pay to stay with someone. Let me know

Mary Kate

2 car camping spots FREE FREE for weekend 2

friends backed out and Iím going Hon Solo, Flying in from Houston Texas and seeing if anyone wants to park in my 2 spots and let me camp with you. you can look me up on facebook, www.facebook.com/jongarner3

Quote Originally Posted by ccassato View Post
    Me and my friend are Coachella newbies driving to Indio from San Diego on Thursday night. We are camping but arent sure if we should go straight to the campgrounds or go first thing Friday morning (my parents have a house in La Quinta that we can stay on Thursday night.) We really want to hang out and camp with some cool people and have some fun neighbors. Hit me up if you want to try and meet up.
    I had friends in this predicament a few years ago and they were stuck in line till late afternoon on Friday, like till 4, 5 pm, and didn't even get to the fest till a couple hours after that. I think you should do whatever will get you to the campgrounds faster. If you get there Friday Morning, you'll still run the risk of sitting in line forever with the hot sun and setting up your stuff during fest times. You don't want that! Drive through the night on Thursday, get in line, sleep in your car, get in and set up early Friday morning, shower, go to the fest.

Lurker

my sister & I are renting an SUV @ LAX (coming in from Toronto, Canada) & planning on driving to Indio Thursday night after picking up some supplies.

We're planning on sleeping in the back since its just the two of us & we have no gear (anyone had an experience like this?? If so, how terrible of an idea is it?)...We're newbies, but looking forward to meeting new people & having an incredible weekend!

Hey, sounds like fun! I'm coming solo this year and really want to meet up with and make some new friends there. I've got a car camping spot of my own and would love to combine with whoever else you meet up with to make a huge car camping party! I'm planning on bringing beer and some 420 and don't mind sharing. Anyway, let me know if you're still down!

Lurker

So whats the official meetup spot of THIS thread and time block?

If you've got an SUV the best spot to sleep is going to underneath that mofo. vehicles get hot as fuck out there.

My friend and I are flying from Charlotte to LAX early Thursday morning. Landing in LAX by 10am and picking up some last minute camping supplies. Two girls and meeting a few more from LA. We are renting a car and have a car camping pass. We're looking to meet new people as well!

Quote Originally Posted by mozzie View Post
    Seriously. There are like 8 threads about the same thing, full of newbies posting anything about anything. Ay... you kids know nothing about organization.

Good luck!

hey its my first coachella and couldnt find a car camping pass on time before they sold out
    how much and if you're lending it out then even better down to pitch in for anything (915)319-4471

Quote Originally Posted by mozzie View Post
    There are a couple of groups within this group it seems like... My group of 4, JBCoachella's group and Kat719's group are meeting up at 3 or 3:30 at Ralph's. Anyone who can do that time is welcome!

Another group is meeting between 2 and 3 at Ralph's.

Also appears that another group is meeting at 5 at Kmart.

Take your pick

Lurker

Well seeing how this is your thread, I'm going to try and meet up with y'all at Ralph's.

My buddy and I are looking for a group to gather with to enhance our experience this year. I was wondering if we could join a group? We also have a canopy and are 420 friendly, alcohol happy, and are willing to try new adventures. We're some really chill dudes who are about to finish college so we're really excited. Please let me know. Yay =D

Camping with chill people? I'm down. Car camping pass here. Willing to park next to good people, will share shade for beer and great vibes.

Arriving late Thursday around 10 or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceArthur32 View Post
    what happens if someone makes a masturbation while i dancing so fast?
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Ohh are you laughing Lithium??! You are soooo cool. You know so much more than everyone else don't you? Nerd.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbellingham View Post
    Thanks for your comment, Major Asshole (Lithium )

that's exactly what I'm doing with my own car, since the tent and stuff I thought my family had was thrown away/etc. Just gonna keep my windows open and sleep in the back seat, or on the grass if it's too uncomfortable. But then again , maybe I won't even end up staying in my spot, you never know with these things sometimes.

Hi, I'm a girl from Oregon and my girl friend from NYC is coming too. We are both landing in LAX around noon on Thursday and renting a car to head to Indio as well. We are doing the car camping too. This is our 3rd Coachella and would love to camp next to chill people!

Ralph's at 3?! RALPH's AT 3!

can i join? I've got a car camping pass too!

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by kat719 View Post
    Ralph's at 3?! RALPH's AT 3!

ralph's at 3!

I has work no meetup for moi

Am I late for the camptrain? I'm flying from SF on thursday morning (arrive 9am), renting a small RV and heading over with stops along the way to buy what's missing. I'm going alone and have a car camping pass. I would be super-happy to share the space: all I'm looking for is making new friends, meet cool people, chill and be shown a bit the coachella way since I'm new although above average age (late 30's).
    Can I join?

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by pictor View Post
    Am I late for the camptrain? I'm flying from SF on thursday morning (arrive 9am), renting a small RV and heading over with stops along the way to buy what's missing. I'm going alone and have a car camping pass. I would be super-happy to share the space: all I'm looking for is making new friends, meet cool people, chill and be shown a bit the coachella way since I'm new although above average age (late 30's).
    Can I join?
    Will they even allow a small rv? You better check the car camping faq to be sure

Quote Originally Posted by lolove_rva View Post
    That sounds fun! I'm down to camp alongside at Coachella but unfourtunately afterwards I have to get back to reality in Virginia
    Are you driving from VA? I'm from PA hoping someone can bootleg some Yeungling Lager to trade. We're also looking for some people to camp with, driving from Phoenix.