Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Car Camping Party Weekend 2!

Default Re: Car Camping Party Weekend 2!

paaaaaaaaaaaaaarty.

I think they still are available

Eh I'm not interested actually, I'm antisocial and I don't wanna share my vodka/tequila. Mine...mine only! Though I'm willing to trade food for booze....don't have food money lol

I don't have a spot, been trying to look for a chill place during the day, am 99% sure I'll be staying with my friend and his GF in the night (even though I'd prefer to camp straight through the weekend). Can pitch money, food, good beer and buds (also have my med card). Also pitch things like a few camp chairs or ez up, and would have brought steaks and a small propane grill but apparently they aren't allowed. Some other sort of grill perhaps? Electric? Other ideas? Lemme know guys, thanks.

I'm coming into this post late, but I'm driving up to Coachella by myself for weekend 2 and wouldnt mind carpooling or having people in my camping area. Let me know if anyone is interested. I can fit 4 people in my car.

Quote Originally Posted by kat719 View Post
    The earliest we can leave LA is 1:00pm (picking up someone at the airport). We just want to pick up supplies for the weekend along the way, then booting it to Indio. What time did y'alls want to head in?

Also can anyone offer us a companion car parking pass so we can put our car in companion parking?
    You can still buy car companion passes call Front Gate Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by brettb88 View Post
    You can still buy car companion passes call Front Gate Tickets
    Ok cool, but in order to purchase a companion pass does it not need to be linked to someones spot??

Lurker

This sounds fun, but I really have no idea what time I'll be coming in as I'm driving from Texas. My suggestion is to start a groupme text group for the everyone that's interested, then set up a designated meet up time and place for those with spots, and use the text group to let everyone know whether you can make it or not to the designated meeting spot.

I'd love to be in on this! I'm a Coachella camping vet- have a bunch of supplies, down to party, and rolling in Thursday around 3pm from Utah. Looking for a few good people to share common space with, since our tent is pretty roomy and may spill over. Willing to share party favors of course. We have our own car camping pass- also have room for two if anyone needs a ride from Vegas.

Let's try to sort this out with 2 meeting spots. The first meeting spot should be somewhere around LAX since my friend lives closed by and some of you are arriving at LAX from 12 to 2 pm. The second one should be in Indio from 2 to 4-5pm on Thursday.

Interested. Got a camping pass and will most likely be coming from San Diego with 2 guys/2 girls, so 4 total.

There will be a Ralph's meetup around 2-3pm and then roll in from there, if anyone is interested in that first wave. I see lots of names in this thread from the Community group. So.... looks like it's time to organize.
    I got a big tent, ez up, food, booze, party favors, lights, stove, bubbles, catch, solar showers, pumps, etc. I. am. ready. !!!!

Lurker

I'm meeting up with a group at 5pm at the Kmart by Coachella. Let me know if people want to join. Else we can all just meet up inside and hang out at each other's camps!
    Coachella 2011, 2012, 2013!

Urban design and planning student : City Studies

This is so tempting but my group and I are gonna get there about 9am-ish since we got there at 10 last year and were way close to the entrance.

Anyone else getting there that early?

Quote Originally Posted by JBcoachella View Post
    Let's try to sort this out with 2 meeting spots. The first meeting spot should be somewhere around LAX since my friend lives closed by and some of you are arriving at LAX from 12 to 2 pm. The second one should be in Indio from 2 to 4-5pm on Thursday.
    We're down to meet at LAX at 1:00pm. We don't know what our rental car is gonna look like yet, so I'll confirm that this weekend. We'll probably hang a Canadian flag or something out of it haha.

As far as supplies, we got:
    2 tents
    propane stove + frying pan
    a half dome pop-up shade thing
    maybe thinking of bring a baby pool
    water guns
    maple syrup

That K-Mart meetup at Indio sounds like a good time. Objections?

Ok cool, but in order to purchase a companion pass does it not need to be linked to someones spot??
    I'm pretty sure that it doesn't

This works for me. JB and my group will be meetig at the first spot somewhere around LAX after we get the rental car, heading to Walmart and then on to Indio. Once in Indio we can meet at Ralphs Grocery between 3 and 4pm. Sound good Kat719?

Quote Originally Posted by santacruzstefan View Post
    I don't have a spot, been trying to look for a chill place during the day, am 99% sure I'll be staying with my friend and his GF in the night (even though I'd prefer to camp straight through the weekend). Can pitch money, food, good beer and buds (also have my med card). Also pitch things like a few camp chairs or ez up, and would have brought steaks and a small propane grill but apparently they aren't allowed. Some other sort of grill perhaps? Electric? Other ideas? Lemme know guys, thanks.
    You're welcome to come by our camping spot and chill! PM me your info so once we get there we can tell you where to find us.

No, my gf just bought one (she has a midterm on Thursday so she can't drive out with me on Thursday morning). It just has to be linked to a wristband.

I hope I get to see every single one of you there.

We're down to meet at LAX at 1:00pm. We don't know what our rental car is gonna look like yet, so I'll confirm that this weekend. We'll probably hang a Canadian flag or something out of it haha.

As far as supplies, we got:
    2 tents
    propane stove + frying pan
    a half dome pop-up shade thing
    maybe thinking of bring a baby pool
    water guns
    maple syrup

That K-Mart meetup at Indio sounds like a good time. Objections?
    You must bring that baby pool!!!

So, lolove_rva,kat719 and me are meeting around LAX. Who else can make it at noon around LAX so we can caravan to Coachella?

cant wait to camp... find my tent its gunna be a fun spot i have a crew of awesome ppl... we will be in the large tent with a huge pirate flags and reefer flags on the top and people will likely be hopping around on pogo sticks and wearing ridiculous wigs

i like the water gun idea lets have an epic camp ground water war

I'll be car camping weekend 2 with mad goodies and brew hope to chill and party with you all!

Lurker

You can count me in to the kmart meet, I have a 8 person tent plus a walled canopy.

Hey guys! Just to clarify... is the meetup at Ralph's or at KMart? Or is this two separate groups?

ALSO... I THINK WE MIGHT'VE SECURED OUR OWN CAR CAMPING PASS! Someone in LA is selling theirs.

To JB & lolove_rva: check your PM's

Hey guys, we are two girls from NYC , we are coming to LA on thursday night and looking for some one to drive us to coachella friday morning , I have a car camping pass and would love to trade it for a tent pass otherwise we can share the space provided. Please let me know
    Last edited by Pavcho2000; 04-08-2013 at 08:19 PM.

Hey guys! Just to clarify... is the meetup at Ralph's or at KMart? Or is this two separate groups?

ALSO... I THINK WE MIGHT'VE SECURED OUR OWN CAR CAMPING PASS! Someone in LA is selling theirs.

Ralphs meet up is around 2 or 3. Kmart's meet up It's at 5 pm.

i love this! combining car passes is always the best way to meet super awesome ppl. and double your space! my friends kassandra and amanda are accompanying me, anyone whos interested in combining campsites let us know 951.870.7507 or steven.lee.jr@gmail.com!

Ralphs meet up is around 2 or 3. Kmart's meet up It's at 5 pm.
    Ralphs is around 3 or 4. There is no way we will make it to Indio by 2, do you think?

There is a lot going on on this thread lol... JB Coachella and I are doing the Ralph's meet up for anyone who wants to join. Could be down for the Kmart. I just want to get there as early as possible! YAY on the car camping pass!