pretty sure Charles Bradley will be there next year
Daft Punk - Beck - NIN - The National - QOTSA - Neutral Milk Hotel - Deadmau5 - Belle & Sebastian - Empire of the Sun - Deerhunter - Boards of Canada - Built to Spill - Classixx - Mikal Cronin - Thao & the Get Down Stay Down - Foxygen - Bibio - Small Black - DJ Koze - !!! - Oliver - Breakbot - Tiger & Woods - STRFKR
Arcade Fire 10/29 @ The Capital Building
Arcade Fire 10/31 @ The Palladium
Two Door Cinema Club 11/1 @ The Fox
Father John Misty 11/2 @ The Wiltern
Day of the Dead 11/2&3 @ LA Historic Park
The Head and the Heart 12/7 @ The Wiltern
Volcano Choir 1/18 @ The Fonda
Queens of the Stone Age
The Rolling Stones
The White Stripes
Atleast 3 out of all these bands will make me happy
Last edited by El_Black_Mamba; 05-22-2013 at 12:54 AM.
Mostly oldchella with a few up & comers here. Why not.
I bet one or two of these will show up.
Flight of the Conchords
Frankie Goes To Hollywood
The Living Sisters
A TRIBE CALLED QUEST.
Gesaffelstein vs Brodinski
Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs
Big Boi or better yet Outkast
Mark Ronson vs A-Trak
The White Stripes
Drop the Lime
Neutral Milk Hotel
Boards of Canada
I'ma ball at the mall shuttin' down the sea wall
Clutch, Minus The Bear, Bullet For My Valentine, TV On The Radio, Chromeo, MGMT, Kisses, Future Islands, Corrosion Of Conformity, Enrique Iglesias, PUBLIC ENEMY!!!
Saw washed out open up for cut copy.....they were ok.....kinda mellow unless you are into that vibe for a show. Don't get me wrong, Washed Out's music is anything but washed out, however right before an act like cut copy which never slows down......
Funny, but I just noticed that, about the time that Zafo made this wish list thread, I was coming to terms with the fact that, that condescending little prick was doing a good job of taking the Worst Board Member title away from me... So, I wished he'd disappear from the board before 2014... I feel lucky, oh, so lucky...
seriously i only care about 30 of the 170 acts playing, because thats all I'm going to see. So, my wishlist for each day would be
Steel Pulse -> Barrington Levy -> Gary Clark Jr -> TV on the Radio -> Missy Elliot -> Nas -> Fuck Buttons -> Empire of the Sun -> Sasha & Digweed -> Underworld -> Justin Timberlake
Sun Kil Moon -> Broken Social Scene -> Lana Del Rey -> the Darkness -> Gessafelstein b2b Brodinski -> Nicholas Jaar-> Soulwax -> Queens of the Stone Age -> Nine Inch Nails -> Iron Maiden
Helado Negro -> Hall & Oates-> Broken Bells ->Belle & Sebastian -> Bonobo-> Cirez D -> Royksopp -> the Knife -> Moby -> Depeche Mode
Bassnectar, Blur, Modest Mouse; Band of Horses; the Stone Roses; YYY’s; HDTA; J 5; Luciano; Aesop Rock; TNGHT; Metric; Johnny Marr; FOALS; Beardyman
Sigur Ros; TDCC; Grizzly Bear; Phoenix; Postal Service; Moby; Yeasayer; Richie Hawtin; SMD; Spiritualized; Reignwolf; Allen Stone; Hot Chip; Booka Shade; Bat for Lashes
Eric Prydz; Dead Can Dance; RHCP; Disclosure; DIIV; Pretty Lights; Tame Impala; Tanlines; Paul Kalkbrenner; Nick Cave; Parov Stelar Band; Vampire Weekend; Grimes
Liking a lot of what you other guys/gals are posting.
On that note...
Would someone please book the fucking PET SHOP BOYS?
I would also go for some:
Tears for Fears (making a new album)
Hall and Oates
Empire of the Sun
...and how about some Erasure? With the huge success of OMD this year, I think these guys would do great - I've seen them a couple times. They are great live.
Last edited by abbeyroad 04; 05-13-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Breaking This Down Into Three Parts
First Time contemporary Acts Yet to Play Coachella I would Love to see and why
1. Anais Mitchell - Sense very few on board are even aware of this performer, but she's put out the best contemporary folk album two of last three completed years running 2010's vibrant varied guest-star laden Hadestown, and 2012's more singer/songwritery Young Man In America - haven't seen, might not be much of a live performer, but she's been one of the very best artists on record the last five years in any genre.
2. Sharon Van Etten - Another Female Singer Songwriter, not as interesting as Mitchell but much better voice, feel they'll pair her up on whatever day, whatever year The National return.
3. Joanna Newsome - Overdue.
4. Sufjan Stevens - Way overdue.
5. Fuck Buttons - One of my fav electronic noise acts of recent years.
6. White Denim - Slop Jammers extraordinaire - another act we should have seen on the Bill by now.
7. The Men
8. Allo' Darlin - Belle and Sebastian-y female fronted act put out my fav indie pop album of last year...Europe. Would be a wonderful early afternoon set.
9. Sunset Rubdown.
10. Charles Bradley
11. Swans - Sorry Frank Ocean, Tame Impala, Kendrick Lamar, Grimes et al - 2012s best album was The Seer, and the competition wasn't even close...How bonnaroo landed them this year and the seemingly much better fitted Coachella didn't (unless Coachella's shorter set lengths were the major issue) is beyond me.
12. Patty Griffin - her mature Adult Contemporary/alt-country stylings would obviously be a better fit for Stagecoach, but I just think she's one of the five to ten best living female singers on the planet. Dwight Yoakam played both fests in 2008, would be an absolute treat.
Returning Artists I actually want to See Come Back That I missed last time around
1. The Tallest Man On Earth
2. Four Tet
4. Los Campesinos
5. Explosions In The Sky
6. Godspeed You Black Emporer
7. DJ Shadow
9. Flaming Lips
1. REM (all four, as headliners)
3. Dr. John - Locked Down was best old-timer release of 2012, surprised wasn't on 2013 bill.
4. Charlatan UK
5. Living Colour
6. Roxy Music or Brian Eno solo
7. John Cale
8. Faust - Krautrockers still active and put on a very entertaining, absolutely bizarre show.
9. Tom Waits
The Stone Roses - Blur - Grinderman - Japandroids - Youth Lagoon - Four Tet - Foals - Alt-J - Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Modest Mouse - Divine Fits - Metric - Local Natives - Johnny Marr - Beardyman
Sigur Ros - Violent Femmes - New Order - Bat For Lashes - Descendents - Yeasayer - El-P - Wild Nothing - Vintage Trouble - Janelle Monae
Thee Oh Sees - Nick Cave - Cloud Nothings -Wu-Tang Clan RHCP - Grimes - James Blake - Diiv - Kurt Vile - La Roux - Dinosaur Jr. - Rodriguez
Boards of Canada and the Knife
Boards of Canada
The Dismemberment Plan
The Flaming Lips
Queens of the Stone Age
Toro y Moi
Ty Segall Band
2014 needs to be the year GV finally lands JAMIROQUAI. Opposite a headliner or leading into one on the mainstage or outdoor theatre.
That's all for me.
2012: Coachella Wknd 1, CMF, NXNE, Osheaga
2013: LA Psych Fest, Coachella Wknd 1, CMF, Field Trip Fest, NXNE, Bonnaroo, Electric Eclectic, Harvest Fest, Iceland Airwaves.
Tears For Fears
My Bloody Valentine
Iggy & the Stooges
Camper Van Beethoven and/or Cracker
Peter Buck Band
David Byrne & St. Vincent
Michael Nesmith (could crossover w/Stagecoach)
Creedence Clearwater w/John Fogerty on board
Steve Wynn and/or Dream Syndicate
System of a Down
Courtney Love (we need a potential train wreck)
...........even a handfull of these would make be happy for Coachella 2014
"Some people just need a hi-five in the face."
2. DAFT PUNK
3. The Prodigy
7. Snoop Lion
9. Cheif Keef
Boards of Canada
Legendary Pink Dots
Amon Tobin (or his Two Fingers project)
Last edited by versusreality; 05-30-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Off the top of my head...
2. Girls Generation
5. Neutral Milk Hotel
6. The Naked and Famous
7. Little Daylight
8. White Arrows
10. Kyary Pamyu Pamyu
11. Fang Island
12. Beastie Boys
13. The White Stripes
14. Foster the People
15.Kids of 88
16. Sleep Party People
17. Living Legends
18. Wolf Alice
19. The Big Pink
I'd wish for any of the following:
My Morning Jacket
Jack White (On his own, w/ The Raconteurs or a White Stripes reunion)
Last edited by woca_; 05-31-2013 at 03:47 AM.
Charles Bradley would indeed be phenomenal. His shows are always great.
I've been checking out Factory Floor's past material and they have a new album on the horizon.
Underworld, Chemical Brothers, The Prodigy, Massive Attack, or Tricky - any & all for my own late 90s nostalgic preferences
Three Loco or Kitty Pryde - because sometimes I enjoy questionable internet rap music.
A Tribe Called Quest (not getting my hopes up) or De La Soul (touring behind a new album now) - because I always like good hip hop.
Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Foxygen, & Parquet Courts all have solid albums out this year, but may be a little dated to the extent Coachella tries to book for the sake of setting the stage for 2014.
FIDLAR because there should probably be at least one solid shit show of a performance.
I'm also in for many of the other usual big-name suspects people have posted.
would love to see some sort of spiritual tribute of sorts to the 20 year anniversary of Woodstock 94. Maybe get some of the bands that were on that bill at Coachella. NIN, the Cranberries, the Orb, Santanna, Porno for Pyros, Green day. just a thought.
would like to see some sort of tribute to Kurt Cobain too, as it's right around the 20th anniversary of his death.