Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Be The Change You Want To See In Your Festival

Default Re: Be The Change You Want To See In Your Festival

Actually, that's the people I was talking about. Sorry for sending the wrong message.

That's okay, your message is really stupid to begin with: "People on the internet make fun of other people on the internet = trend about music festivals, somehow."
    Last edited by Miroir Noir; 03-11-2013 at 06:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

It's certainly a reflection. Don't act like the internet is some separate entity. That's being naiive.

I think you've missed the point of our critique of FestivalGuy's "mission." But that's cool, we're all taking your posts very seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFestivalGuy
    Now that 2013 is here itís time to MASH (Make Awesome Shit Happen)

Ah, there's plenty of room at Coachella for everyone with a wristband. Festival Guy can be another in the lexicon of the "Happy Coachella!" people, the speedo dudes and the free hugs folk. If you don't want to deal with his view of how to do it, should be easy to avoid him. If he makes someone happy, good for them. If he annoys the shit out of people, hopefully he can recognize.

On another note: i'd love for all of you to show up at the 2013 Group Shots.

I mean, there is a solid body of evidence that not a single person at Woodstock thought that they were better than anyone else. No one there was there for self-indulgent purposes, and at any point in their life separate to the festival, none of them ever made a comment critiquing another person. It's just irrefutable.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

The difference nowadays is that is no cause behind festivals other than to make a ton of money. If all of you were debating climate change or shit like that, then I'd swallow my words. Now festivals are just a bucket list item, not saying to every single person there, but you have to admit there is a huge majority who think that way. I enjoy reading this board, but see the irony behind a lot of regulars on board here who sit behind a computer most of their day trashing others to stroke their already huge egos. Like I said, it's just a reflection of the times.

That's...not...irony...why...do...I...bother....

Damn you relic, the boring M*A*S*H* song just came into my head. Anyone want to come to my onsite camping area and do TV and Grocery Store themes for ten or fifteen minutes? Maybe Thursday night or Saturday morning? You can offer one yourself, sing along to anotherís, or just listen and guess. Sing, hum, or whistle. Ad sweeping theatrical body movements and/or facial gestures. Dress up in beige with fishing gear if you want. Personally prepared to perform any and possibly all of the following: MASH, One day at a time, Love Boat, Battlestar Gallactica (original series), Star Trek, Cheers (but I donít feel like doing that one), Outer Limits, Perfect Strangers, Magnum P.I., The Jeffersons, Andy Griffith Show, Mister Rodgers, The Greatest American Hero, Laverne & Shirley, Dukes o Hazzard, Bossom Buddies, Gilliganís Island, Murder She Wrote, Addams Family, Stator Brothers, Albersonís, and more.

Add this to your ďmaking a festival better listĒ for when you ďdonít have a tv and got a craving for themesĒ. Iím helping you. Pay me a free ticket to a festival right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
    The difference nowadays is that is no cause behind festivals other than to make a ton of money. If all of you were debating climate change or shit like that, then I'd swallow my words. Now festivals are just a bucket list item, not saying to every single person there, but you have to admit there is a huge majority who think that way. I enjoy reading this board, but see the irony behind a lot of regulars on board here who sit behind a computer most of their day trashing others to stroke their already huge egos. Like I said, it's just a reflection of the times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

It's certainly a reflection. Don't act like the internet is some separate entity. That's being naiive.
    The Internet is real life !

sit behind a computer most of their day trashing others to stroke their already huge egos.
    You're dead on about the size, but it's not my ego I'm stroking back here.

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    Damn you relic, the boring M*A*S*H* song just came into my head. Anyone want to come to my onsite camping area and do TV and Grocery Store themes for ten or fifteen minutes? Maybe Thursday night or Saturday morning? You can offer one yourself, sing along to anotherís, or just listen and guess. Sing, hum, or whistle. Ad sweeping theatrical body movements and/or facial gestures. Dress up in beige with fishing gear if you want. Personally prepared to perform any and possibly all of the following: MASH, One day at a time, Love Boat, Battlestar Gallactica (original series), Star Trek, Cheers (but I donít feel like doing that one), Outer Limits, Perfect Strangers, Magnum P.I., The Jeffersons, Andy Griffith Show, Mister Rodgers, The Greatest American Hero, Laverne & Shirley, Dukes o Hazzard, Bossom Buddies, Gilliganís Island, Murder She Wrote, Addams Family, Stator Brothers, Albersonís, and more.

Add this to your ďmaking a festival better listĒ for when you ďdonít have a tv and got a craving for themesĒ. Iím helping you. Pay me a free ticket to a festival right now.
    This actually sounds like fun

Last edited by xanman86; 03-11-2013 at 10:12 AM.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Thosse awful regulars on this board have contributed far more useful information about how to take care of yourself at the festival in several threads on this board than this jackass has even conceived of trying to accumulate, so everyone just settle the fuck down. We know what we're doing here.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Damn you relic, the boring M*A*S*H* song just came into my head.
    How dare you.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Damn you relic, the boring M*A*S*H* song just came into my head. Anyone want to come to my onsite camping area and do TV and Grocery Store themes for ten or fifteen minutes? Maybe Thursday night or Saturday morning? You can offer one yourself, sing along to another’s, or just listen and guess. Sing, hum, or whistle. Ad sweeping theatrical body movements and/or facial gestures. Dress up in beige with fishing gear if you want. Personally prepared to perform any and possibly all of the following: MASH, One day at a time, Love Boat, Battlestar Gallactica (original series), Star Trek, Cheers (but I don’t feel like doing that one), Outer Limits, Perfect Strangers, Magnum P.I., The Jeffersons, Andy Griffith Show, Mister Rodgers, The Greatest American Hero, Laverne & Shirley, Dukes o Hazzard, Bossom Buddies, Gilligan’s Island, Murder She Wrote, Addams Family, Stator Brothers, Alberson’s, and more.

Add this to your “making a festival better list” for when you “don’t have a tv and got a craving for themes”. I’m helping you. Pay me a free ticket to a festival right now.
    If you need an opening act, I can warm up the crowd with my sweet Green Acres-Petticoat Junction medley.

I'm callin' dibs on Gilligan's Island! I'll grab my grass skirt and coconut sized breasts, (with coconuts, of course), and maybe talk suffacated into playing his nose like a slide guitar as an encore.

Oh, well, would you look at that? My avatar!

That avatar isn't a picture of you on your honeymoon?

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    i'd love for all of you to show up at the 2013 Group Shots.
    I disagree, but the group photo is your thing so I won't argue and I will respect your rules.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Holy fucking shit I haven't laughed this hard in so long.
    Such a good reward for plowing through, like, ten pages of ridiculous bullshit.

Also: while I think Brokendoll doesn't know her Osamas from her Obamas (save the "evidence" from the exquisite visual above), I don't think that necessarily implies racism. And I say that as a sociologist, who literally gets paid to call people racists. For whatever that's worth.
    1 Coachella before I got sober, 7 since. I support both versions. If you wanna do the sober version, roll with us:
    Click Soberchella 2013 for meeting details
    -------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    That avatar isn't a picture of you on your honeymoon?
    Had I been a little more saturated in color maybe... oh, and of course, much shorter in stature, there might have been a chance. You were close, but nope, no cigar for you buttercup!

And, because I'm having a moment where my good judgement seems impaired... Pics... and they did happen...after the honeymoon. (And the red-eye to get back home.)

Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post

Holy fucking shit I haven't laughed this hard in so long.
    Such a good reward for plowing through, like, ten pages of ridiculous bullshit.

Also: while I think Brokendoll doesn't know her Osamas from her Obamas (save the "evidence" from the exquisite visual above), I don't think that necessarily implies racism. And I say that as a sociologist, who literally gets paid to call people racists. For whatever that's worth.
    Obviously, by the post above, I'm probably unaware of the difference between good and bad judgement as well, lest we not forget that around here...
    Did you guys read that? The sociologist called my work an exquisite visual!
    involvemons, tell me... did you get a glance at the female reproductive chart I also saw in that wallpaper pattern? Seeing that wall pattern go from Saudi Arabian to a Uterus after smoking a bowl has been the highlight of my newly married life so far.

So, do I get the spot with Gilligan, the Skipper too, a millionnaire and his wife? A movie star, the professor and Maryanne, there on Gilligan's Isle???
    Pleeeease! LET ME BE THE CHANGE!

Someone bring Chips and TJ Hooker. Not the TV themes, but snack food and a Mexican prostitute.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Obviously, by the post above, I'm probably unaware of the difference between good and bad judgement as well, lest we not forget that around here...
    Did you guys read that? The sociologist called my work an exquisite visual!
    involvemons, tell me... did you get a glance at the female reproductive chart I also saw in that wallpaper pattern? Seeing that wall pattern go from Saudi Arabian to a Uterus after smoking a bowl has been the highlight of my newly married life so far.
    Don't get too excited. Sociology: not art historian.
    As for the reproductive images, I thought those were pretty on point. Although that's my personal, not my professional, opinion.
    1 Coachella before I got sober, 7 since. I support both versions. If you wanna do the sober version, roll with us:
    Click Soberchella 2013 for meeting details
    -------------------------------

Bev, I'm still not seeing the difference between your face and your avatar. Though it's nice to see that they are now offering tether ball tit transplants for seniors.

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    Ah, there's plenty of room at Coachella for everyone with a wristband. Festival Guy can be another in the lexicon of the "Happy Coachella!" people, the speedo dudes and the free hugs folk. If you don't want to deal with his view of how to do it, should be easy to avoid him. If he makes someone happy, good for them. If he annoys the shit out of people, hopefully he can recognize.

On another note: i'd love for all of you to show up at the 2013 Group Shots.
    This is pretty much how I feel, but he deserved a flaming for coming on this forum and thinking he can make a thread like this.

I'll be at the group shot for sure this year! Last year I got a little too drunk too early and missed it.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

As if the world needed more proof that sociology is for useless retards.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.