Thread: In case you were wondering

Default In case you were wondering

I just called the Wal Mart in Indio.... actually it's in La Quinta.... and the guy told me it's cool to park and sleep there. Talked to him for a min and he said a few rv's and cars park in the back of the lot and the store does not care. No security, which is good on one hand (won't be bothering you) and sketchy on the other.

I was wondering how many people have to resort to off site locations as I've never been to Coachella or Indio

If you don't know where you will be spending the night... maybe this is your solution? Approx 5 miles from the polo grounds. Hunker down in the car for a few hours of shut eye if you have no other place

Default Re: In case you were wondering

Last year, the wednesday night before coachella, friends and I shopped for last minute things and took a nap there. Reorganized our supplies and things between 2 cars. Nobody bothered us once. Thinking about doing it again this year. I would say go for it. Maybe we can meet up and chit chat.

As you reorganize your supplies this year, be sure to take a moment and reflect on all the mom and pop stores that Walmart displaced.

Sam Walton, founder of Walmart, used to have to travel all over to get the inventory at low prices, but couldn't spend the money on lodging. Supposedly, it's kind of a traditon passed down to allow people to park overnight in the Walmart parking lots.

You can read about some experiences here http://themorningfresh.com/2012/06/2...-parking-lots/

so yeah, I live here in Indio and people are always there sleeping over with R.Vs. Its so damn weird
    (all the time)

It happens everywhere. Walmart is practically an RV Campground here in the summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    As you reorganize your supplies this year, be sure to take a moment and reflect on all the mom and pop stores that Walmart displaced.
    damn... i hear ya.