Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BFD 2007

Default BFD 2007

For those of you who don't know, it's an annual festival in Northern CA at the begining of June.

I know the lineup hasn't been officially announced but speculation has started. Rumor is that Bloc Party is headlining. I also noticed that Shiny Toy Guns have it listed on their MySpace page. Does anyone else know anything about it? Oh yeah, it's June 9th, and it's at Shoreline again.

Default Re: BFD 2007

And BFD is the radio festival ala' Weenie Roast in So Cal. Bloc Party is confirmed, The Lovemakers are also on the line up.

http://pollstar.com/tour/searchall.p...tartSearch.y=9

I think it's hosted by Live 105. Never been but I heard it's pretty good.

Yes it is put on by Live 105.

I've never forgiven them (and never will) when they had one of those "top 105 bands of all time" type of lists, and Nirvana was #2 with the Beastie Boys at #1...the FUCKING beastie boys??????? Please...

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Live 105 is horrible.
    indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    I've never forgiven them (and never will) when they had one of those "top 105 bands of all time" type of lists, and Nirvana was #2 with the Beastie Boys at #1...the FUCKING beastie boys??????? Please...
    KROQ had the same and Beasties were # 1 also, but it was a bad top 5. Sublime got #2 over U2, Depeche Mode and Nirvana. And I think it was top 105 Live 105 bands and it was top 106.7 KROQ bands ever.

I'm not a fan of live 105 but like I said, I heard the show is pretty decent every year. I just remember when I went to SF to see Franz Ferdinand with Cut Copy and Tv on the radio. :They were interviewing Franz onn live 105 and asking them about what it was like when the band members were chefs in a restaurant. All I think was, "Do I really need to know this?"

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    KROQ had the same and Beasties were # 1 also, but it was a bad top 5. Sublime got #2 over U2, Depeche Mode and Nirvana. And I think it was top 105 Live 105 bands and it was top 106.7 KROQ bands ever.
    Im I am sorry everyone! I misread the post. I am an idiot.
    Last edited by rage patton; 04-09-2007 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    The list of the 5 worst bands had the Beastie's, Sublime, U2, Depeche Mode and Nirvana?
    Thats just fucking ignorant. I can understand why people dont like those bands. And they have every right to not like them. However, 5 WORST bands? Thats a HUGE statement. I can think of a ton of worse bands than any of those ones. Perhaps it would have been better called "overrated" bands. I would still strongly disagree with that list, but calling them the 5 worst bands its just plain stupid.
    Where the hell did you get "5 worst bnds" from? I was comparing KROQs list to Live 105's list of "THE BEST" and I was saying the Top 5 BEST from KROQ could have been BETTER considering they put Sublime at #2 AND Beasties #1.

LEARN HOW TO READ BEFORE YOU REPLY
    Last edited by suprefan; 04-07-2007 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    The list of the 5 worst bands had the Beastie's, Sublime, U2, Depeche Mode and Nirvana?
    Thats just fucking ignorant. I can understand why people dont like those bands. And they have every right to not like them. However, 5 WORST bands? Thats a HUGE statement. I can think of a ton of worse bands than any of those ones. Perhaps it would have been better called "overrated" bands. I would still strongly disagree with that list, but calling them the 5 worst bands its just plain stupid.
    Seriously man, reading comprehension.

BFD is HORRIBLE!!!! The shoreline has to be one of the worst venues in the bay area. they could at least have it at the pier where they usualy have warp tour and such. at least that would be flat and you dont have to worry about stumbling on the hill if you get GA.

Shoreline has its ups and downs as a venue, but shoot are you really going to complain that 75% of the bands that play are on the side stage that is GA and you can be comfy(if you have seats) for the main stage ones? They would never change venues just on the fact of the logistics to do it all. And bedies, Not So Silent Night is at the Bill Graham every year and thats entirely GA, so stop griping. Either go to it and have fun or dont at all its that easy.

AFI should headline BFD every year

So it can sell out? Actually the side stage last year was really good, they usually excel in that department.

BFD has been good in the past with echo the bunnyman , the strokes , yeah yeah yeahs and a lot more. I dont listen to radio much anymore but if I I'm going to listen to alternative music live 105 is the best in the U.S for it. should check out sound check and the other bits on the station real nicee. they play Air and daft punk on the station and bloc party and yeah its alright.

Warped tour is not going to be at the piers in sf which sucks,, even though I havnt been to warped in like 2 years but I imagin warped and its music is slowly growing apart, as well as the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by mchertron View Post

Warped tour is not going to be at the piers in sf which sucks,, even though I havnt been to warped in like 2 years but I imagin warped and its music is slowly growing apart, as well as the fans.

The reason its not on the pier this year is because The San Francisco Giants cannot allow another event to be happening the same day as a home game, so Warped had to deal with it and move it to Shoreline, I imagine just the parking lot though not actually inside the venue.

i hate shoreline because it's so damn far.

Quote Originally Posted by I Can't Feel My Face View Post
    i hate shoreline because it's so damn far.
    Where do you live? I live in L.A. and have gone to a few BFD's and other concerts there so dont give me "its far" if you live like in the bay area and it kills you to drive maybe an hour and change.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Where do you live? I live in L.A. and have gone to a few BFD's and other concerts there so dont give me "its far" if you live like in the bay area and it kills you to drive maybe an hour and change.
    i live in oakland and take the BART everywhere. i'm going to rent a car to see bjork, but anybody else, i'd skip because there are way too many good shows in SF.When i did live in LA though i wouldn't go further than san diego. i'm not into traveling long distances, but that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by I Can't Feel My Face View Post
    i live in oakland and take the BART everywhere...... i'm not into traveling long distances, but that's me.

Well, don't even consider coming to Australia then....mate.
    (not because we don't want you here - just because EVERYWHERE is far away!)
    Do you....party?

Banned

last years bfd i went to and honestly i always have more fun with the side stage then the main stage. i hate there is no ga option up front.. but last year we saw the sounds, wolfmother, she wants revenge, panic at the disco, ok go, hard-fi, yeah yeah yeahs, etc. the main had franz, strokes, afi, him, overall a very good show last year. they usually announce the lineup first week of may right? ive been to 5 of them. always a good day of music.

Banned

the rumors i hear about bfd07 from friends in the biz say the potential lineup has the white stripes, jet, kaiser chiefs, lily allen, blue october, papa roach, hot hot heat, etc. remember this comes from 3rd party sources, but it is always interesting to specualte. 18 days till coachella!! -

Banned

oh and shhhhhhhh........... NIN.............

Quote Originally Posted by Snosurf View Post
    Well, don't even consider coming to Australia then....mate.
    (not because we don't want you here - just because EVERYWHERE is far away!)
    i made sure i ducked so the sarcasm pendulum wouldn't crush my body.

BFD was good last year and 04, as well as 03. 05 was such a tremendously bad lineup. It's always fun, though Shoreline isn't my favorite.

Been to BFD 3 years in a row since 2003. They never fail at giving me a good time. Shoreline sucks because of its shitty location and also the fact that in order to really get a good seat you gotta pay top fucking dollar (spent 135$ to sit 4th row at the Download festival, but was worth it because I fuckin got to dance with beck!).

Quote Originally Posted by scoop49er View Post
    the rumors i hear about bfd07 from friends in the biz say the potential lineup has the white stripes, jet, kaiser chiefs, lily allen, blue october, papa roach, hot hot heat, etc. remember this comes from 3rd party sources, but it is always interesting to specualte. 18 days till coachella!! -
    I hope you're right.

I do HATE this venue though.