Thread: Shower and Camping amenities!! Just a few questions, help me out!!

Default Shower and Camping amenities!! Just a few questions, help me out!!

New to camping at Chella this year. Was hoping someone could fill me in on showers and camping amenities

Showers:
    Are there lines for the showers?
    Do the lines move pretty fast?
    Are they private? (not much of a nudist)
    What time should I get up in order to get done showering and ready to head to the venue, on time?

Camping:
    Are there charging ports around where you're camping? (for my phone, camera, ect.)
    If I wanted to get food, are there multiple stores/carts/markets near by? (don't want to walk a half a mile across the camp ground for chips)
    Is the cafe pretty expensive? Is it usually packed?
    Overall, how much money should I bring to Coachella? (My budget isnt low, but I'm also not made of money)

Default Re: Shower and Camping amenities!! Just a few questions, help me out!!

Showers:
    Are there lines for the showers? Yes.
    Do the lines move pretty fast? No.
    Are they private? (not much of a nudist) Yes.
    What time should I get up in order to get done showering and ready to head to the venue, on time? Depends. The earlier you get up the faster the lines.

Camping:

Are there charging ports around where you're camping? (for my phone, camera, ect.) No. You'll need to rely on your car, batteries or solar.
    If I wanted to get food, are there multiple stores/carts/markets near by? (don't want to walk a half a mile across the camp ground for chips) Yes. There are vendors and a general store within walking distance.
    Is the cafe pretty expensive? Is it usually packed? Never went the cafe.
    Overall, how much money should I bring to Coachella? (My budget isnt low, but I'm also not made of money) Not enough information to properly answer your question. I budget $100 cash per day and that's more than enough.

shower lines were hours long last year. private but wear flip flops. car charger is the best option as is bringing the majority of your food with you. general store isn't too far but expensive and busy

Incoming Amyzzz patrol

For any first timers to Coachella, camping is basically setting up a tent in your moms back yard with about 10,000 other wooks. It's really not that bad, but most are too used to their modern comforts to be able to handle 3 days of camping on grass fields.

and hot weather...
    Papi Piratón!

Watch out for shower people with waterproof GoPro cams.

If you don't have any bands you want to see early in the day (12-1), I recommend showering around 11:30 or 12 when most people have left for the venue. And/or shower late at night, right after the last set is finished. If you're quick, you beat the rush then you can be nice and clean for the evening since it is assumed you will be sweaty and gross from your daytime activities. We normally showered and then drank and chilled at our camp site for a couple hours. This way we were clean when getting in to our sleeping bags. Then showered again around 11:30.
    If you go at those times, there should be very short, if any lines.

For charging stuff, they do have charging stations both inside camping and in the venue, however it can take quite a while both to get a plug and to actually charge. I would recommend the car or solar as others mentioned, but you do have that option. There are also additional battery packs you can buy for you phone that extend the battery life.

For money, it depends. I didn't eat too much at the campgrounds last year, but I would usually get at least one meal and a snack inside the venue. I had $100/day set aside for snacks/ice/food/alcohol between the venue and the camp grounds and I had plenty. We didn't bring a lot of real food camping, but we packed a LOT of snack things. Trail mix, protein bars, fruit/veggies/chip/etc. It's usually so hot we just want to be lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Showers:
    Are there lines for the showers? Yes.
    Do the lines move pretty fast? No.
    Are they private? (not much of a nudist) Yes.
    What time should I get up in order to get done showering and ready to head to the venue, on time? Depends. The earlier you get up the faster the lines.

Camping:

Are there charging ports around where you're camping? (for my phone, camera, ect.) No. You'll need to rely on your car, batteries or solar.
    If I wanted to get food, are there multiple stores/carts/markets near by? (don't want to walk a half a mile across the camp ground for chips) Yes. There are vendors and a general store within walking distance.
    Is the cafe pretty expensive? Is it usually packed? Never went the cafe.
    Overall, how much money should I bring to Coachella? (My budget isnt low, but I'm also not made of money) Not enough information to properly answer your question. I budget $100 cash per day and that's more than enough.
    Thanks! I really appreciate the help

Quote Originally Posted by footixy View Post
    You get one warning for nudity...next time you're banned.
    Not sure what you mean? I wasnt serious about the nudist thing if thats what youre talking about. Just a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by dcbell05 View Post
    If you don't have any bands you want to see early in the day (12-1), I recommend showering around 11:30 or 12 when most people have left for the venue. And/or shower late at night, right after the last set is finished. If you're quick, you beat the rush then you can be nice and clean for the evening since it is assumed you will be sweaty and gross from your daytime activities. We normally showered and then drank and chilled at our camp site for a couple hours. This way we were clean when getting in to our sleeping bags. Then showered again around 11:30.
    If you go at those times, there should be very short, if any lines.

For charging stuff, they do have charging stations both inside camping and in the venue, however it can take quite a while both to get a plug and to actually charge. I would recommend the car or solar as others mentioned, but you do have that option. There are also additional battery packs you can buy for you phone that extend the battery life.

For money, it depends. I didn't eat too much at the campgrounds last year, but I would usually get at least one meal and a snack inside the venue. I had $100/day set aside for snacks/ice/food/alcohol between the venue and the camp grounds and I had plenty. We didn't bring a lot of real food camping, but we packed a LOT of snack things. Trail mix, protein bars, fruit/veggies/chip/etc. It's usually so hot we just want to be lazy.
    Thank you