Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Holy Ship!!! 2014

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Default Re: Holy Ship!!! 2014

I liked the posts where he bumped like 6 straight before/during/after parties instead of posting them in a single post.

I admit that I have entered in here 20+ times, like I do almost all threads.

I'm excited for the 2015 thread
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING!!!!

Seriously Xan, if you genuinely don't like getting flamed, then constantly going on threads like Holy Ship and Lil B and being the only person who posts in there consistently isn't a good way to go about being avoided. Screw the whole pictures w/ celebrities and constant friend requests sent to everyone, I think people are more irritated about how you perpetually post things that you should know are going to irk people. Then when it does ruffle some feathers and people start berating you, you keep posting. The way I see it, you enjoy getting a rise out of a few people here and will continuously do it, but then everyone else piles on and you get on the defensive.
    I stand by what I like and I will continue to represent. I can name at least 5 regular posters in here who enjoy Lil B but they mean nothing to the rest of you of course. For Christ sakes, while adding many Holy Shippers I have just met one week back in January of 2012 I thought that perhaps I could also add some of the Coachella board members I've been reading/interacting with for the last 7+ years. Obviously that was a mistake because they are so pathetic they still remember it to this day and continue to try and point it out like it is some negative aspect about me. I'm more open to who is on my friends list than you are. Get over it people.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1),12(2),13(1),13(2)
    Upcoming shows
    Neutral Milk Hotel 4/9, The Knife 4/15, The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/Röyksopp 6/29, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    Knifechella 4/11-13&18-20, SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    I stand by what I like and I will continue to represent. I can name at least 5 regular posters in here who enjoy Lil B but they mean nothing to the rest of you of course. For Christ sakes, while adding many Holy Shippers I have just met one week back in January of 2012 I thought that perhaps I could also add some of the Coachella board members I've been reading/interacting with for the last 7+ years. Obviously that was a mistake because they are so pathetic they still remember it to this day and continue to try and point it out like it is some negative aspect about me. I'm more open to who is on my friends list than you are. Get over it people.
    It's all about how you have presented yourself and how persistent you were with certain people on here. Not everyone accepted requests I sent either but I left it at that and didn't give it a second thought. Also, people find attention-whoring to be very off-putting. You may not realize you are attention-whoring, but from virtually everyone else's perspective, you are. I honestly don't have a problem with you, dude. I sometimes believe that people pile on you a bit too much here and it becomes unbelievably tiresome but you bring it on yourself in a lot of ways.

There are a couple of people I know personally who will vouch for you (Lingo, Robin), but there are others who are a bit more annoyed with the content you post to the point where they will flip out on you frequently. Just stop responding man. Ignore it. When someone mocks you for posting a pic of you and a celebrity, don't follow it up by posting another. It just seems like you are being purposefully annoying. If you aren't doing it intentionally, perhaps you should be a bit more aware of your audience on these boards.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

He likes it. When his name is mentioned in anyway, he is thrilled. I don't dislike the xan, but I'm glad I live on the other side of the country from him.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    xanman, serious question: what reaction are you expecting when you bump and rebump this thread with information that -- no offense intended -- only you seem particularly interested in? Especially when you are already a frequent target of ridicule . . . idk, it's almost like you actively enjoy getting a reaction out of people and perpetuating the cycle of flaming.
    Let me get this straight. A board user creates a thread in the correct forum for a music cruise that some don't feel is worth a damn. The people that don't like Xanman continue to come into this thread specifically to troll him. Then you tell him only he is interested in this thread which clearly isn't true because i've read this thread and there are a handful of other posts that have either genuine curiosity or are relevant posts to this thread. Yet somehow Xanman is the problem?

If you are all having fun trolling him that's one thing, be funny get your kicks etc. but it's absolutely retarded for you all to be questioning why he's bumping a thread he created to talk about a cruise he attended. He had a great fucking time and he simply wants to express it somewhere. Why are so many of you compelled to bitch and moan when he's kept it all to a thread none of you fucking care about?

#teamxanman

No, I am saying Xanman is as complicit in this as the trolls, if not more so because of the super spammy way that he's going about it. I don't take it as a good faith effort to share the plur or whatever, and see it more as attention seeking behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

Seems like an abused child who will take any kind of attention they can get, good and bad, just for the simple act of the interaction.

Also see some supre like qualities. It's more about being able to say you were there than it is about having a good time. With the pictures to prove it.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 01-30-2014 at 02:18 PM.

Also, if "the board" was trolling Xanman, others would be in here posting shit about Holy Ship, starting new threads, and generally bating him into discussions. 90% or more of what is in here is purely reactive to Xanman.

Creep- You are right about the multiple posts about the schedule, it was coming out over time (days) and I did it in multiple posts because people were commenting and I figured they wouldn't be seen if I kept them in one post. I agree that it would have been better that way.

Guy- I agree with you. I was way more in your face about it at the beginning of 2013, especially in the rumors thread. I'm sure you have noticed a VAST decline in that type of activity from me.

Fax- *high five* but calm it down with that hashtag before people start flaming you too ;-).

Mirror- Sorry for calling you a lame ass earlier. You are genuinely one of my favorite posters on the board.

Upcoming shows
    Neutral Milk Hotel 4/9, The Knife 4/15, The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/Röyksopp 6/29, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    Knifechella 4/11-13&18-20, SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015

No, I am saying Xanman is as complicit in this as the trolls, if not more so because of the super spammy way that he's going about it. I don't take it as a good faith effort to share the plur or whatever, and see it more as attention seeking behavior.
    You don't give a shit about Holy Ship. He's posting information about Holy Ship. You chose to come in this thread. Why do care about the contents of this thread if you have no interest in it to begin with?

Now you're just concern trolling, which is even dumber than xanman's original trolling.

I mean, why complain about any spam or stupid conversation? We can just ignore it, right?

Now you're just concern trolling, which is even dumber than xanman's original trolling.
    My "trolling" today was posting the recently released official videos from Rony's Photobooth and Fool's Gold Records. Expect me to "troll" once again when the official video from Holy Ship themselves comes out. Hopefully it will come out concurrently with the information for 2015 so I can limit my hardcore "trolling" to the first post of the next year's thread.

Upcoming shows
    Events

I mean, why have a discussion if you can just call everyone you disagree or don't like a troll. That's pretty pathetic. This isn't spam and what you consider stupid is subjective. You're making terrible fucking arguments right now. Xanman isn't making 7000 threads for holy ship to shove it in everyones face. He made one. He posts in it.

In fact, I seem to remember being barked at back in the day for making threads about news stories all the time. Someone then suggested one thread for all my news articles. Now one thread pertaining to one specific subject is apparently trolling?

Xanman didn't create this thread to start arguments with people. People who didn't like this thread and/or Xanman came into it to TROLL and start arguments with Xanman. That's pretty clear.

Dude, just so know, I don't have it in for you in any particular way. But the part I'm still not understanding is who the intended audience is for some piece of minutia like "the recently released official videos from Rony's Photobooth and Fool's Gold Records," especially when you know exactly the type of reaction you're going to get . . .

Wouldn't it be great if there was a Blow Up style murder mystery to be found in all of xanny's celebrity whore pictures? Maybe we can find the Lindbergh baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Faxman, for someone who's not concern trolling, you seem to have very strong opinions about an otherwise deeply trivial and inane fight.

I mean, it's not quite mooroko complaining about people giving cr**** a hard time, but it's close.

I was On the ship and his excitement is totally legit it was the best party of all time

Quote Originally Posted by DiiRTY Q View Post
    I was On the ship and his excitement is totally legit it was the best party of all time
    I like some of the lineup, but this was a legit Lake Havasu party.

Faxman, for someone who's not concern trolling, you seem to have very strong opinions about an otherwise deeply trivial and inane fight.

I mean, it's not quite mooroko complaining about people giving cr**** a hard time, but it's close.
    You're still the one sitting in a thread you don't care about started by someone you don't care for calling people trolls ad nauseam. How ironic.

Wrong, I haven't been in here giving Xanman a hard time. I made one joke early in the thread about a sinking ship, and then made a couple of other posts joking about Tiesto and Parrotheads, neither of which was aimed at the Xanman. My own feelings about Xanman are largely ambivalent; I think the guy is partially misunderstood, but also largely responsible for much of his own misfortune and reputation around here. To the extent I said something today, it was to call out Xanman's own culpability for a portion of the raging grease fire that seems to follow him, not to stifle discussion or make him feel like he can't talk about how much fun he had or whatever.

To the extent I'm calling you a troll, it's because I don't think you are arguing in good faith.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Wah wah, people are giving the guy who ruins every fucking thread he infiltrates with useless photos and dumb trivia a little bit of a hard time. Faxy, this guy doesn't deserve you defending him.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

Wrong, I haven't been in here giving Xanman a hard time. I made one joke early in the thread about a sinking ship, and then made a couple of other posts joking about Tiesto and Parrotheads, neither of which was aimed at the Xanman. My own feelings about Xanman are largely ambivalent; I think the guy is partially misunderstood, but also largely responsible for much of his own misfortune and reputation around here. To the extent I said something today, it was to call out Xanman's own culpability for a portion of the raging grease fire that seems to follow him, not to stifle discussion or make him feel like he can't talk about how much fun he had or whatever.
    https://soundcloud.com/twinkiexl/sky...i-blame-myself

Upcoming shows
    Events

I enjoy this thread for all of the above. Post more videos Xanman. The amount of booty shaking for a white people festival is unparalleled.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Wah wah, people are giving the guy who ruins every fucking thread he infiltrates with useless photos and dumb trivia a little bit of a hard time. Faxy, this guy doesn't deserve you defending him.
    If you honestly believe that then why don't you have him on ignore?

How do you guys put up with this ship every day?

I mean, holy ship, get over it.

Brb, gotta take a ship.

This thread title should be changed to "ship happens".