Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BAD NEIGHBORS

Default Re: BAD NEIGHBORS

Last year we had really weird neighbors for weekend one. They were an older couple. It seemed like they didn't do anything at the festival they were always at the camp site. The lady would just lay out in the sun in her thong, which she was way too old to be wearing. It wasn't pretty. The worst was part was that she and the guy would have sex in their van with the doors wide open.

For weekend 2 we had the best neighbors ever and we're still friends with them. You just never know...
    Oh look it stopped snowing...

Quote Originally Posted by Brbahner View Post
    Last year my group ended up camping next to the best people ever, (ended up hanging out and seeing more sets with them than the people who came with me) but i know thats not always the case. Has anyone ever had a bad spot with antisocial neighbors. Any tips for having a better neighbor experience? We ended up creating a 4 pop up common room in the middle of our spots which seemed to work.

Coordinate with a group. This year my boyfriend and I have found a group to camp with, with 6 car camping spots no need to worry about "Bad Neighbors"

One year we had Jimmy Eat World as neighbors, then they went and had the Crystal Method do a set back behind their tour bus after the show ended that night, going from around 1am til 4 or so, with lasers and everything. I mean, what the fuck, right???

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    One year we had Jimmy Eat World as neighbors, then they went and had the Crystal Method do a set back behind their tour bus after the show ended that night, going from around 1am til 4 or so, with lasers and everything. I mean, what the fuck, right???
    I'm thinking you are not bs's us. That's pretty cool Steve. We all have to sleep and party somewhere, it doesn't matter who you are ... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Those neighbors that roll up in huge 20+ person groups tend to encourage a sense of exclusivity. Travel in small packs and meet people, people.

This joke almost always has these elements—alternative versions may change this form.

Setup: A family act going in to see a talent agent; either the whole family or just one family member (usually the father).
    The agent asks what they do.
    If the whole family is present, the act is performed for the agent; otherwise it is described.
    Act: It is described in as much detail as the teller prefers.
    While most tellings follow one of a few basic forms, the description of the act is meant to be an ad lib.
    Traditionally, the description is tasteless, and ribald. The goal is to significantly transgress social norms. Taboo acts such as incest, rape, coprophilia, coprophagy, bestiality, necrophilia and murder are common themes.
    Punch line: The shocked (or intrigued) agent asks what the act is called, and the proud answer (sometimes delivered with a flourish) is: "The Aristocrats!"

The intention of the punch line is in the reading of the joke as a satirical comment on the decadence of the aristocracy.

Dude, you aren't supposed to talk about The Aristocrats joke with anybody but a fellow comedian.

So we went weekend 2 last year. It was just my boyfriend and me camping in our spot. On one side we had this douchey little 20 year old in a beamer who asked us to reposition our tent during set up so his giant tent would fit. I just told him that there are lines on the ground to denote the spaces and i am within mine, so he should fit into his. other than that, him and the two girls he camped with didn't say shit to us all weekend. The other neighbors were were so strange. They initially were pretty chill, we shared music and smoked together and stuff, they called us by name when we came back to camp and said hi and bye all the time, but when it got later and we all were inebriated they would talk MAD shit to each other in spanish, about US. and although neither my boyfriend nor I are fluent, we understand enough to know when someone is talking shit and when it is about you. they would act so nice to our face but insult us and laugh at us all weekend to each other. it was the weirdest thing. it really made my coachella experience uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    #vipproblems

in 2010 i went alone cause none of my friends could go with me that year. i made friends with my neighbors, and we camped together the next year, and we camped with our other neighbors from 2011 in 2012, and this year we are meeting up with our group of neighbors from 2012 to camp together. altogether we have something like 22 car camping spots, and between us we will have misting tents, a swimming pool, a large bbq, and we will probably envelop more of our neighbors to join us next year.
    My girlfriend looks a little bit like Charlize Theron... and a lot like Dog the Bounty Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by elbrycen View Post
    altogether we have something like 22 car camping spots.
    eh, OK.

I dont want to see 21 cars clogging the campground entrance "waiting" for the 22nd ...

The Postal Service - Greek Theater - July 27
    Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park - August 9-11

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    Just wash your hands off after. I don't want to be high fiving your stink palm.

I went solo last year for weekend 2 and my camp neighbors really made the festival for me. Bunch of super chill guys from Canada, neither of us had canopies, we rigged up some shade structures and generally had a good time. Hoping to avoid the bros this year as well...

Last year my neighbors were bros . Man afrojack can throw down a show . Dude allesso is the next bing thing nobody knows about . yeah I did that chick last night . Stfu .