Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BAD NEIGHBORS

Hybrid View

Default BAD NEIGHBORS

Last year my group ended up camping next to the best people ever, (ended up hanging out and seeing more sets with them than the people who came with me) but i know thats not always the case. Has anyone ever had a bad spot with antisocial neighbors. Any tips for having a better neighbor experience? We ended up creating a 4 pop up common room in the middle of our spots which seemed to work.

Default Re: BAD NEIGHBORS

Our neighbors last year probably thought we were dicks. Which we kind of were. But I mean, of course we're going to heckle you if you're a bunch of sorority girls blasting top 40 hits constantly.

7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    This is the new camp sight flag for sure this year, even if there is only me in the campsite.

I had shitty neighbors and great neighbors last year. The people next to us were very chill and we ended up sharing shit all weekend with each other. The people camping to the back of us were fucking loud drunken-idiot-machos who would not shut the fuck up. We had a fewwww altercations, but in the end you're stuck with each other so gotta learn to accept it.

We also had a mix of best and worst. Our good neighbors came with a generator and wi-fi and were more than willing to share. We returned the favor with offer of our camp shower and grill. The bad neighbors were a bunch of teens/early 20's who talked as loud as they could the whole time about how wasted and/or high they were or were going to get. It got old. That and their shitty taste in music which they blasted the entire time.

If you can find the faucet around the camp grounds: Water balloons. Asshole neighbor problem fixed; now you are the asshole and not them!

I don't think in all of the current years, I have had bad neighbors, but then, I am pretty chill. What happens some with me though is, I stick out a bit in most crowds. People always seem to want to "drop" or "fall" into my camp and be my best friend all of the sudden. There are very few times that sort of sucks, but most of the time, it's great for the fest and they always want to gift me something. Very rarely are they there to try and score or mooch. I must say though, after walking past certain camps after 3 days or so, I sort of expect peeps to acknowledge you like a nod of the head at least. When it never happens, I just think, oh well (well maybe assholes, smile eh).....cr****
    Last edited by canexplain; 02-27-2013 at 08:54 AM. Reason: I FUCKED UP 2X'S
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I don't think in all of the current years, I have had bad neighbors, but then, I am pretty chill. What happens some with me though is, I stick out a bit in most crowds. People always seem to want to "drop" or "fall" into my camp and be my best friend all of the sudden. There are very few times that sort of sucks, but most of the time, it's great for the fest and they always want to gift me something. Very rarely are they there to try and score or mooch. I must say though, after walking past certain camps after 3 days or so, I sort of expect peeps to acknowledge you like a nod of the head at least. When it never happens, I just think, oh well (well maybe assholes, smile eh).....cr****
    Are you camping this year?
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

I bring bags of home made beef jerky every year and that seems to make everyone happy. Haven't had a bad neighbor yet. I did have what seemed like non-existent neighbors in 2011 when we were put in Lot 5 though. That was a weird year for me in the campgrounds. Showered every night though so that was a plus.

Also, This belongs in the camping thread.
    Last edited by The_Den; 02-27-2013 at 08:57 AM.

The only shitty neighbors I've had in my 8 years camping was a trashy couple and their friend who played this one song non-stop all weekend long:

They also came in this really old and beat-up Ford Ranger which had to started and reved up each day; I get that we all need to recycle our batteries but his truck sounded like the motor was going to explode at any moment while dumping out copious amounts of exhaust.
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

Quote Originally Posted by nosurprises12 View Post
    The only shitty neighbors I've had in my 8 years camping was a trashy couple and their friend who played this one song non-stop all weekend long:

They also came in this really old and beat-up Ford Ranger which had to started and reved up each day; I get that we all need to recycle our batteries but his truck sounded like the motor was going to explode at any moment while dumping out copious amounts of exhaust.
    Let me get this: That song has bugged you for 8 years and you come here and post it. cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Let me get this: That song has bugged you for 8 years and you come here and post it. cr****
    This incident was actually in 2010, and it really wasn't that bad of a song at first listen on Thursday night. By Monday morning, however, I never wanted to hear another Steve Miller Band song ever again.
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

Yep that just happened, i got 10 seconds in and want to burn my headphones.

In my mere two years of attending, my neighbors have been pretty cool for the most part. They weren't trying to become besties for the weekend, but they weren't rude or dickish either.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

Going weekend 2, but staying w/ camp catchella. They are setting up a camp site though. So we will be wandering around the grounds I am sure. We will have to meet up for a few drinks!
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Brbahner View Post
    Last year my group ended up camping next to the best people ever, (ended up hanging out and seeing more sets with them than the people who came with me) but i know thats not always the case. Has anyone ever had a bad spot with antisocial neighbors. Any tips for having a better neighbor experience? We ended up creating a 4 pop up common room in the middle of our spots which seemed to work.
    One of the biggest reasons I refuse to camp anymore is because of the neighbors we were around. I only camped in 2010 -- the worst camping year ever apparently -- and my neighbors, on both sides of me, were fucking terrible. On one side, we had a group of 18-21 year old "ravers" that were only there to see Tiesto / Guetta / Benassi / all the dubstep (which is fine because they were nowhere near us at any point during the festival). They were loud until 5 am, which I can understand. It's a music festival and people want to party. My problem came when it was 10 am and they peered their heads out of their tent at 10 am because of the noise we were making. On top of that, they were very reserved and unfriendly with us.

On the other side of our camping site, we had a few extremely snobby individuals who were listening to the most typical KRQ shit you could think of out of their VW bug. We tried being friendly with them, but they were jackasses. We somehow made friends with a group of campers that were nowhere near us instead, but it was a good distance from where we were.
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    One of the biggest reasons I refuse to camp anymore is because of the neighbors we were around. I only camped in 2010 -- the worst camping year ever apparently -- and my neighbors, on both sides of me, were fucking terrible. On one side, we had a group of 18-21 year old "ravers" that were only there to see Tiesto / Guetta / Benassi / all the dubstep (which is fine because they were nowhere near us at any point during the festival). They were loud until 5 am, which I can understand. It's a music festival and people want to party. My problem came when it was 10 am and they peered their heads out of their tent at 10 am because of the noise we were making. On top of that, they were very reserved and unfriendly with us.

On the other side of our camping site, we had a few extremely snobby individuals who were listening to the most typical KRQ shit you could think of out of their VW bug. We tried being friendly with them, but they were jackasses. We somehow made friends with a group of campers that were nowhere near us instead, but it was a good distance from where we were.
    Didn't they let anyone with or without a festival pass into the camp grounds that year?

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post

Can I ask if you had any issues or problems getting your pedestal into the campground?
    Last edited by BROKENDOLL; 03-01-2013 at 06:27 PM.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

I don't remember much from my first year, but last year we were next to a bunch of bros. I guess my wife and I were kind of quiet and lame (the only interaction we had with them was offering medical tape for their feet), but they didn't seem like the type we would like to get to know. Maybe we are the bad neighbors?

Quote Originally Posted by filthydiabetic View Post
    I don't remember much from my first year, but last year we were next to a bunch of bros. I guess my wife and I were kind of quiet and lame (the only interaction we had with them was offering medical tape for their feet), but they didn't seem like the type we would like to get to know. Maybe we are the bad neighbors?
    I am begining to wonder if that is the case with us as well. We camped at the end of a lane, which was awesome, so we only had one set of neighbors, but when they started playing dubstep and playing flipcup/beerpong, it went downhill from there, although to fair, we find loud and obnoxious behavior to be loud and obnoxious. Maybe that's just us? Ear plugs did help me sleep like a baby, though.

Oh, and one of these folks kept shutting off light generator thing near us at night, because it "annoyed him." What an asshole.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post

Oh, and one of these folks kept shutting off light generator thing near us at night, because it "annoyed him." What an asshole.
    that's a dick move.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    that's a dick move.
    If we are going by the "Team America" definition, it's more an asshole move.

Theme night listing:

The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post
    We camped next to an ice truck last year, and it was awesome. The generator noise drowned out everything else and I slept like a baby.

More on topic, our neighbors were very nice raver kids from Arizona. They slept all day and were gone all night, and we exchanged pharmaceuticals. Couldn't have been better.

I'm still friends with my neighbors from 2010. Kenny from "The Head and the Heart" also camped next to us that year. Really nice guy.

2011 was brutal because of the tent camping situation. The burs were ATROCIOUS. Smelled like shit and felt like it was a two mile walk to the entrance. Neighbors were ok though.

And last year we had such a big group I didn't really interact with my neighbors much. Which kind of bums me out, I love meeting new people at the festival.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeoley View Post
    I'm still friends with my neighbors from 2010. Kenny from "The Head and the Heart" also camped next to us that year. Really nice guy.

2011 was brutal because of the tent camping situation. The burs were ATROCIOUS. Smelled like shit and felt like it was a two mile walk to the entrance. Neighbors were ok though.

And last year we had such a big group I didn't really interact with my neighbors much. Which kind of bums me out, I love meeting new people at the festival.
    i was in tent camping that year as well. was my first time and didnt realize car camping is actually way better.
    neighbors were cool though, some british chicks.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

i was camping with my pals once, and there was a similar light structure above out tent. my friend brought a machete. another friend got onthe first friends shoulders with the machete.

the light went out.

it was back on at 8am.

Ghost Light.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    Ghost Light.
    Terminator light.

Theme night listing:

I waz in Lago Eldo last year, adn this bitch was bugging the fuck out of me. Righteous weed tho and prttty hot in the sack

Last year we had really weird neighbors for weekend one. They were an older couple. It seemed like they didn't do anything at the festival they were always at the camp site. The lady would just lay out in the sun in her thong, which she was way too old to be wearing. It wasn't pretty. The worst was part was that she and the guy would have sex in their van with the doors wide open.

For weekend 2 we had the best neighbors ever and we're still friends with them. You just never know...
    Oh look it stopped snowing...