Thread: Coachella 2014!!

Default Coachella 2014!!

Hey everyone!

Got a bunch of 8 aussie guys coming over to america in 2014 and looking to hit up coachella!!! but need some advice cause we don't have a clue haha

Just wondering what you guys think gives the best coachella experience, tent camping, car spot camping, booking a hotel nearby and bussing it there n back?

Thanks

Default Re: Coachella 2014!!

Sorry, no camping in 2014.

oh really?
    How come?

Sorry, there will actually not be a Coachella at all in 2014, they're taking a highatus until 2015

Quote Originally Posted by jbice24 View Post
    Hey everyone!

Got a bunch of 8 aussie guys coming over to america in 2014 and looking to hit up coachella!!! but need some advice cause we don't have a clue haha

Just wondering what you guys think gives the best coachella experience, tent camping, car spot camping, booking a hotel nearby and bussing it there n back?

Thanks
    The best experience is in my tent

Don't listen to Big Gay Al and his butt buddy's, they are just giving you a hard time....most people will say Car Camping is the best. Though I've never done it, nor will I ever, I can't really say which is best. For me I'd rather have a nice house within walking/biking distance so I can enjoy a nice shower and actually be able to sleep. If you camp, you will smell and be forced to wake up at like 7am because the sun is beating down on your tent making it horrible to sleep in. You can easily party with everyone else in the camp grounds and stumble home when your done rather than getting 2-3 hours sleep when camping...booking a hotel and taking a shuttle in would be my second choice. Most hotels are filled with other coachella folk and throw some nice pool parties and some even have food and stuff when you return at night.

Your best bet is to get a Safari tent pass. Most people don't realize that the general admission only allows you to hear the music from around 500ft behind the stage so you don't actually get to see the bands. Also, it can get a little pricey, so you're better off finding a ticket on craigslist or Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by levi760 View Post
    Don't listen to Big Gay Al and his butt buddy's, they are just giving you a hard time....most people will say Car Camping is the best. Though I've never done it, nor will I ever, I can't really say which is best. For me I'd rather have a nice house within walking/biking distance so I can enjoy a nice shower and actually be able to sleep. If you camp, you will smell and be forced to wake up at like 7am because the sun is beating down on your tent making it horrible to sleep in. You can easily party with everyone else in the camp grounds and stumble home when your done rather than getting 2-3 hours sleep when camping...booking a hotel and taking a shuttle in would be my second choice. Most hotels are filled with other coachella folk and throw some nice pool parties and some even have food and stuff when you return at night.
    I'm glad people like you stay in hotels

Car camping is a lot of fun if you don't mind some rowdy folks.

I haven't done tent camping since they started the car camping thing, but I'm sure it's just as fun, maybe a little bit more toned down than car camping, since people there want a bit more peace and quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    I'm glad people like you stay in hotels
    Aww did the Big Gay Al reference offend you?

If you haven't noticed, the majority of you coachella "Veteran's" flame almost every person that comes on here asking for advice - acting like you're tough shit just because you've gone to coachella since its inception... Secondly, the guy is obviously open about his sexual preference (which I could careless about) and based upon his past comments, can certainly take a joke.

We have no news yet about 2014. Come back here in May and maybe there will be a date and presale.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

If you haven't noticed, the majority of you coachella "Veteran's" flame almost every person that comes on here asking for advice - acting like you're tough shit just because you've gone to coachella since its inception... Secondly, the guy is obviously open about his sexual preference (which I could careless about) and based upon his past comments, can certainly take a joke.
    Nobody actually appears as "tough shit" on the internet....and the board members only flame the fucking stupid people with questions which is 9/10 of them.

$20 you will have forgotten all about this idea in 6 months
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

nope. It was the fact that a little dirt and smell will turn you off to ~half of the overall coachella experience. you should keep going to those awesome hotel pool parties.

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    nope. It was the fact that a little dirt and smell will turn you off to ~half of the overall coachella experience. you should keep going to those awesome hotel pool parties.
    Never been to an awesome hotel pool party, nor have I ever stayed at a hotel for coachella....just making the point that camping is for some people while others may prefer something else.

Ok, do you think 8 guys coming from Australia are looking for a clean, quite, non-camping experience?

While some of the flaming on this board is a little excessive, it can sometimes be understandable. There is a thread that has been posted to many times in the past week on the same damn page with a whole discussion on camp vs. hotel for Coachella. It's even called "To Camp or Hotel..." How hard is that to find? Jbice24 could spend 5 minutes instead of posting another thread.

Now, to make this easy, I'm posting the link to the thread: http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...-camp-or-hotel

There are also a ton of ways to set up your camping spot to allow for plenty of sleep. There's also this thing called a shower that Coachella provides free of charge if one doesn't want to smell. Of course, the best way to learn about all of this is to read the FAQs and message board threads.