Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why are _____ even on the lineup? SO BAD!

Angry Re: Why are _____ even on the lineup? SO BAD!

skrillex. what the fuck is boys noize thinking

Default Re: Why are _____ even on the lineup? SO BAD!

Quote Originally Posted by ShowScoop View Post
    The Passion Pit lead singer is lame. He frequently asks the crowd to stop smoking because it hurts his voice - not to mention they cancel tour dates all the time. Check out some of the reviews people have of their show here http://showscoop.com/557470-Passion-Pit
    Based on when I saw them, I think Passion Pit's and their lead singer's meh live rep is well deserved, but in his defense, the guy does write some fantastic songs.

I don't think I've heard a song that better captures the angst of America's disintegrating upper middle class better than Talk A Walk. Probably the best single song representation of this moment in American history 2012 produced.

For my money, I gravitate towards repeat rock acts that time and the quality of their recorded output since has proven don't really merit extended attention...most significantly Airborne Toxic Event, Stars, and The Gaslight Anthem.

Portugal The Man could also go on this list, except they are a much more impressive live band.
    Last edited by IlliniQ; 02-27-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prelude View Post
    The Neighborhood. Just wait, you slimy hip-hopster fucks.
    This!

I hate the point of this thread, naming bands you don't like and saying they have no right to be there, when someone else is just as happy to have them and probablly don't want to see something you love. It's pointless, but having seen this band recently open for someone else..... I really do not get why they are on the lineup. The lead singer alone..... ugh.
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

Danny Avila and James McCartney. Damn their rich and powerful parents!
    Coachella: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W1, 2013 W1 & W2, 2014 W1 & W2

for the record, my nomination: airbourne toxic event

sure is a lot of hat in here, huh?
    Coach 06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13.1,14.1
    Sasquatch 12
    Lolla 11(Chile)
    VOODOO 11
    Street Scene 07,08,09
    Rock the Bells 07

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thebaconator View Post
    sure is a lot of hat in here, huh?
    Free Hat.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by Justiceforall View Post
    skrillex. what the fuck is boys noize thinking
    like most here, not fond of skrillex but do enjoy boys noize. liked their first two singles but not really sure what to expect for a hour set. (hopefully youtube broadcasts their set live from ultra for a better indication)

Trash Talk.... more like generic screaming with Odd Future backing. Seems quite rote to me.

Raider Klan, some dumb internet undergrounds who were lucky to be on the local stage.
    See ya guys at Coachella 2013, Bros!! View my day job at https://github.com/sharksfan98

Quote Originally Posted by Jakedeez View Post
    Social D- I loathe this band. I will be as far away from whatever stage they're playing as possible

The XX - Another band i just dont understand their popularity. I guess i can understand them playing, but not why they're listed so high

A couple other bands i will be nowhere near....Vampire Weekend, Modestep, Infected Mushroom, 2Chainz, and 3BallMTY. Horrible!
    I agree with this.. except I love Social Distortion.

So here's a thing that will get me ridiculed, but so be it. I love the story of Rodriguez and I've done some exploration since the lineup was announced. And as cool a story as it is.. he's really not very good. Well mainly, his music is OK, but man his lyrics can be dumb as fuck. And if you're gonna do folk music, you sort of live and die with the lyrics. I'll probably go to his set anyway, barring conflicts, but I am expecting it to suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

social D and dropkick are certainly outcasts on this lineup. but i wouldnt say either are bad, and they have pretty solid followings.

the XX, i just dont fucking get, no matter how hard i try.

and its been said a million times, and i went through the dedicated thread, but i still could give two shits about the stone roses.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharksfan98 View Post
    Raider Klan, some dumb internet undergrounds who were lucky to be on the local stage.
    Purpp has to be the most ignotant bastard of all time.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Lurker

*Social D is terrible, but I'm hopeful that they're good live (I heard a live Mike Ness album and it sounded way better than SD, but his between-song raps were retarded and embarrassing).

*Dropkick Murphys suck (on their studio stuff) compared to the Pogues, who they've stolen their whole shtick from. But I expect them to be very good live.

*Sigur Ros seems to get nothing but love, but has to be the most overrated on the list. Generic New Age crap; GV might as well have hired Yanni or Zamfir. Actually, Zamfir would be kinda cool.

*Phoenix is just an abortion. If they were just on list, I wouldn't have even noticed them. But headlining? Jesus.

*RHCP. It's not that they're bad -- the have a LOT of great stuff -- but they're famous for putting on a shitty live show. Kiedis just can't deliver live, and they've lost their good guitar player. Pointless.

Fortunately, there are more than enough good -- even great -- bands to make up for these.

Quote Originally Posted by xmichaelyx View Post
    *Sigur Ros. Generic New Age crap

Quote Originally Posted by MusicIsMyBoyfriend View Post
    This!
    It's pointless, but having seen this band recently open for someone else..... I really do not get why they are on the lineup. The lead singer alone..... ugh.
    A buddy of mine saw them open for The Wombats, and said they were the most awful band he's ever seen. He's never one for hyperbole. Also made a point to talk about how annoying the frontman was.

*Sigur Ros seems to get nothing but love, but has to be the most overrated on the list. Generic New Age crap; GV might as well have hired Yanni or Zamfir. Actually, Zamfir would be kinda cool.
    Fuck you so much. I hope you wrap your car around a tree on the way to work.

Sigur Ros seems to get nothing but love, but has to be the most overrated on the list. Generic New Age crap; GV might as well have hired Yanni or Zamfir.
    Agreed.

Have you seen Searching for Sugarman? I too don't know what to expect, but this is one of those rare acts Coachella pulls that might be worth seeing just to say you have.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    I agree with this.. except I love Social Distortion.

So here's a thing that will get me ridiculed, but so be it. I love the story of Rodriguez and I've done some exploration since the lineup was announced. And as cool a story as it is.. he's really not very good. Well mainly, his music is OK, but man his lyrics can be dumb as fuck. And if you're gonna do folk music, you sort of live and die with the lyrics. I'll probably go to his set anyway, barring conflicts, but I am expecting it to suck.

Lurker

24047018.jpg

*Phoenix is just an abortion. If they were just on list, I wouldn't have even noticed them. But headlining? Jesus.

*Social D is terrible, but I'm hopeful that they're good live (I heard a live Mike Ness album and it sounded way better than SD, but his between-song raps were retarded and embarrassing).

*Dropkick Murphys suck (on their studio stuff) compared to the Pogues, who they've stolen their whole shtick from. But I expect them to be very good live.

*RHCP. It's not that they're bad -- the have a LOT of great stuff -- but they're famous for putting on a shitty live show. Kiedis just can't deliver live, and they've lost their good guitar player. Pointless.

Fortunately, there are more than enough good -- even great -- bands to make up for these.
    Social Distortion is a Southern California institution! I was very surprised to see them on the line up, but it will be great to see them on the Polo Fields. If you like Ness live, you should like Social Distortion live...Mike Ness is Social Distortion.

Quote Originally Posted by rasooli View Post
    Agreed.
    HAHAHAHAHA. you would agree

Biffy Clyro seems pretty terrible, from the thirty seconds of their video I watched. Generic butt rock with a British accent. Also pretty poor band name choice.

*Sigur Ros seems to get nothing but love, but has to be the most overrated on the list. Generic New Age crap
    So... can you show us some examples of how Sigur Ros is "generic?" As far I have ever heard, there is no other band on this earth that sounds like Sigur Ros. Sure, maybe some artists now emulate the band, but that is not the same thing. To claim a band is generic, you are saying that said band took the cues and formulas and bands that came before them, and used them for themselves without really changing anything. That is a pretty crude definition of "generic," but for the purpose of this exercise, lets roll with it. Now, show me how Sigur Ros is generic. Just to me sure you understand me here, in order to show this you must find artists that came from before Sigur Ros that sound exactly like the band and prove that Sigur Ros used said artist's formula/ structure for making songs.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachellaVet09 View Post
    There has to be someone apart from me who thinks Dam-Funk is utter shit
    I mean, maybe you just don't like funk. If you go to one of his (free) Monday night weeklies at Carbon and don't like any of the records he plays, then...fair enough. But that's just a taste thing. Dude is like a walking funk/boogie/electrodisco encyclopedia.
    1 Coachella before I got sober, 7 since. I support both versions. If you wanna do the sober version, roll with us:
    Click Soberchella 2013 for meeting details
    -------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by samuraifez View Post
    Trash Talk.... more like generic screaming with Odd Future backing. Seems quite rote to me.
    Do you just not like hardcore? Did you listen to them on any of the records they made far before anyone knew who the fuck Odd Future were? Do you think mosh pits are bad and people should stand still and not do fun things?
    1 Coachella before I got sober, 7 since. I support both versions. If you wanna do the sober version, roll with us:
    Click Soberchella 2013 for meeting details
    -------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Prelude View Post
    The Neighborhood. Just wait, you slimy hip-hopster fucks.
    It's like a Maroon 5 tribute band.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

LOVE airbourn toxic event - very good live.

to each their own. but in the spirit of the thread, fucking ew.

Yeah not a fan of ATE. Saw part of their set a couple of years ago at Coachella and was not at all impressed, very boring live.