Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taking pictures at the Forum?

Default Taking pictures at the Forum?

i'm going to the Muse show and would love to take pictures. It's been a while since i have been to the Forum. Are they being chill when it comes to cameras or is the Gestapo in full effect?

Banned

Default Re: Taking pictures at the Forum?

"Christians" bought the place; what do you think?

E

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    "Christians" bought the place; what do you think?

E
    hmmm, Christians are big into iconography. They love images of da Lawd and all things related. Since Muse puts on one of those major uplifting shows, evidence of the Spirit filling so many in their building that God provided for them would be nice....and Christians are supposed to be nice.

Anyone know for sure?

I think Gestapo, but we'll see. I have had a string of bad luck lately. Last night at Avalon for Brand New security made me delete photos. Tuesday at the Orpheum for Mars Volta, they ended up putting a guy next to me for like 20 minutes to make sure I didnt keep taking video. I predict something happens on Tuesday at Muse, but we'll see. I have floor tickets so I doubt something happens. Odds are I will take more video since I know I wont be in the front.

wait a minute... Chrisitans bought the Forum??

you mean the building where Heaven And Hell (Black Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio) are playing on 4/25 ?
    with special guest Megadeth and Machine Head?

wow...

it depends on the artist. I have worked security. Before every event, the artists' head of security usually goes over their rules. some artists want no cameras at all. some are cool with disposables. some are cool with small digitals. some are not cool with any type of flash.
    you get the picture...

if security is really bad with cameras at muse... then blame muse.

Banned

Yep. And they would let SATAN himself play there as long as they got their 20+$ parking and profit$$$$ from their filthy concessions.

E

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by landa321 View Post
    it depends on the artist. I have worked security.
    You've worked security AT "The Forum"?

If not, stfu. Idiot.

E

it depends on the artist. I have worked security. Before every event, the artists' head of security usually goes over their rules. some artists want no cameras at all. some are cool with disposables. some are cool with small digitals. some are not cool with any type of flash.
    you get the picture...

If security is really bad with cameras at muse... then blame muse.
    This is true. I went to see the White Stripes (in Phoenix) at the Dodge Theatre, and I checked the Dodge Theatre website beforehand to see if we could bring in water bottles for us and our kids. It said we were each allowed 1 20 oz water bottle, but when we went to the show, security told us to throw them out because the band didn't want them. Now that I think about it, maybe the White Stripes don't want water bottles flung at them or their support band. *shrug* Or maybe they got a cut of the bar tab (including water bottle sales).
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

wait a minute... Chrisitans bought the Forum??

you mean the building where Heaven And Hell (Black Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio) are playing on 4/25 ?
    with special guest Megadeth and Machine Head?

wow...
    Does it surprise you to learn that a right wing fundamentalist Christian owns Goldenvoice too?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Sometimes my addiction to this board and my laziness prevents me from doing basic searches. This is from the Forum's website:

Camera Policy:
    As a general rule non-professional-type cameras are allowed at most events. However, this policy varies for each event. Please call to verify: 310-330-7300. Professional cameras or cameras with long telephoto lenses and video cameras are strictly prohibited. If there is a prohibition on cameras at a particular event the policy will be posted at all entrances.

The girl i talked to said she's not sure, but thinks it's a "no". Calling closer to the show's date is advised.

I couldn't even take my binoculars in to see Pearl Jam there last year. Had to go back to my car in the $20 parking. I doubt cameras will be allowed.

Hug,
    How about cell phones with crappy camera etc?

I'm going to be so far away that not even my 4x optical zoom will make any photos I take worth seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by idrive1life View Post
    Hug,
    How about cell phones with crappy camera etc?
    Its a phone, when would security check to see if you phone had a camera on it? That only happens for TV tapings.

Camera phones (if not all phones) were forbidden at the Coldplay gig at the Troubadour back in 05. But I don't know of anyone else that fascist.

That because well, its Coldplay and its the Troubadour on top of that. You think the Forum will do that? Ummm no.

haha It's prob not Coldplay, it's Troub ... In their Orlando gig I attended last year (Then TD Waterhouse Arena and Coldplay actually allowed people to bring our cameras etc. in and even allowed us to take pictures with flash), ... Chris Martin was singing then all of a sudden grabbed a cellphone from an audience in the front row of MOSH PIT FLOOR area. He then jokingly talked to whomever that person talking to in his cell phone. I googled it because I remember lot of people took pictures of that moment but instead I found this:

Coldplay loves cellphones. And camera phones, too.

Flash. Flash. Flash. Flash. Flash. Flash.

If you took your eyes away from Chris Martin and the gang long enough, that's what it looked like at the concert last Wednesday.

All night, Seattleites felt free to take photos of the fellas. The flashes lit up KeyArena, usually during fast songs. And during the ballads, the audience's phones turned into a dotted sea of blue-lit screens that sometimes held still, and at other times, gently waved back and forth.

It's all part of the latest in a wave of cellphone use at concerts, encouraged by bands themselves. No longer is your phone just an instrument to call up friends and say, "Hey, guess, where I am?" These days, fans wave 'em in the air, send text or pics to screen, text to rally for a cause, take photos, win tickets and more.

During the past year or so, cellphones have become a growing part of a concert's entertainment, and that includes a chunk of bands or tours that came through Seattle in 2005. Lots of big names have embraced this form of audience interaction: Green Day, Duran Duran, U2, Coldplay, the Rolling Stones. Elsewhere in the world, cellphones played a part in big-time concerts like Live 8.
    http://archives.seattletimes.nwsourc...y+Chia+Hui+Hsu

Did you take any pictures?

If you used your camera phone at a Seattle-area concert and caught a great shot, we want to see it. E-mail The Times your concert photos: blah blah blah
    In Ultra Music Festival @ Miami several days ago (I did'nt bring my camera and I'm not planning to take pictures in gigs anymore - I'm so jealous of you guys who take great pictures in concerts), The Cure is probably singing already their 15th song when all of a sudden a security guy in front stood up in a chair or maybe fence (?) then annoyingly stopped people from taking pictures or videos. We were like looked at each "What the fuck?!!!" ... then screamed at him "TOO LATE, ASSHOLE!".
    Last edited by idrive1life; 04-05-2007 at 07:17 PM.

Yeah Chris Martin did this when I saw them at Acoustic x mas. The girls phone he grabbed was from a crazy fan too. She had the taped up fingers and everything and thought it was the greatest thing ever. Then Chris handed me his guitar and she got pissed.

A photo I took that night
    Last edited by suprefan; 04-05-2007 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Does it surprise you to learn that a right wing fundamentalist Christian owns Goldenvoice too?
    yes, it would... wow...

i feel dirty for going to coachella now.

damn those christians!

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Camera phones (if not all phones) were forbidden at the Coldplay gig at the Troubadour back in 05. But I don't know of anyone else that fascist.
    Wasn't that because it was a prerelease gig and they didn't want news of it leaking out? It was supposed to just be a small, hush hush sort of thing. The Troub is usually cool with cameras.

And, when i saw the Stones at the Forum, they made a joke about the new Christian ownership.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Banned

The new "Christian" ownership is a joke.

There are no real Christians anymore these days anyway.

Capitalism killed Christianity.

E

i usually get to take in my camera ... it is one of those big ass sony dsc's with the long lens .. i just show the gate people, at a lot of the venues they know me so they are more lenient with me, but i show them you cannot remove the lens ... that usually helps ... what sucks with my camera though is, the focusing is done by a grid of laser beams, so if i am not paying attention to what i am doing, when i focus on the face of a band member, they have this red grid all over them ... they dont like that ... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    i usually get to take in my camera ... it is one of those big ass sony dsc's with the long lens .. i just show the gate people, at a lot of the venues they know me so they are more lenient with me, but i show them you cannot remove the lens ... that usually helps ... what sucks with my camera though is, the focusing is done by a grid of laser beams, so if i am not paying attention to what i am doing, when i focus on the face of a band member, they have this red grid all over them ... they dont like that ... cr****
    Yeah that camera is kinda old school but gets the job done. And it kind of reminds me of the laser the Predator uses to target his victims.

i just picked up the new canon sd1000 today, nice little 7.1 mp cam. $270 at costco.com

Cool, I bet you I could still take better pics with my SD630 though. I'm taking my Sony in with me tomorrow though for Muse.

costco doesn't have that one in stock, though, and that's the only place i buy electronics now. 90 day return policy, no restocking fee...are you kidding me? i also had a friend who's camera broke and they took it back. i'm done dealing with the pain in the ass mega stores like best buy and circuit city.

just called the Forum...lady says no cameras allowed. rats. i wonder how serious the pat down will be? Metal detectors? Hope i don't end up parking a million miles away.

They always say shit like that when you call the box offices, I always get my digi cam in no problem.
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!