Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WTF happened in 2006???

Default Re: WTF happened in 2006???

OMGZ LOOK AT ME I WAS THERE

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    Really or are you trolling? If that is true, pretty awesome that you found yourself in the pic!
    Really. That's my friend with the shaggy hair to the right of me.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    Wow that is awesome!

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

old school

Another aspect of the show that I experienced was the same feeling you got when you were a kid and you watched a movie & then after the movie you role played & wanted to be Indiana Jones, Luke Skywalker, Superman, or whatever. I got the same feeling afterward as I'm sure so many others did. We all wanted to be those robots and throw down like they did.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

Mesa, Az, Amsterdam and Antwerp when I can!

One of the best years I can remember!
    99, 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11,12,13, 14
    Dancing In The Desert and Loving Every Minute of Coachella!

Check out my Coachella pictures at Flickr.com under AJVaughn.com. Other art work there also!
    There are 3 Coachella sets on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanjvaughn/sets

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    This is true. Damn, my hair was pretty grimey. Also you look funny without any beard. Remember jumping the middle guard rail corridor when security wasn't looking and running up to the front and jumping back in? Such a great time.

To rehash what others have said, the magik was in the surprise. I knew who Daft Punk was before going in, but I was not ready for that. First and foremost that was and still is an amazing mix of their material. Still get a shiver from listening to the bootleg (>Alive '07 BTW). The slow unveiling of the power the pyrimid lights had was key. The fact nobody had done anything at that level before was crucial. For it to happen from someone who had not toured in the U.S. in 8 years is amazing. It can't happen again at that level without another quantum leap like they displayed.

I remember after all was said and done, the sheer amount of constant applauding and cheering and screaming for an encore. Shit did not let up for like 10 minutes after the set. everyone wanted more and i just remember talking about it as we were leaving the polo fields all the way way to our campsite at Salton Sea. what a great year
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

Pretty much the best live music experience of my entire life. Not only was it my first Coachella, but my friend and I managed to get into the very front, where only 200 or so people could fit, and it was pretty much amazing.

Being able to see that going into it knowing nothing will NEVER happen again....unless their new live act rumoured to be them with a complete live band, which would probably trump the pyramid. You know that they have to top that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmontonian
    The Sahara's sole purpose these days is to serve as bro-filter.

The reason why this was the best live show I've ever seen by far is that the ENERGY was second to none. ENERGY. period.

I've never felt the ENERGY that this live show produced. Their Mix-Mashup of their hits couldn't have been better. They played the crowd and their music EPICALLY. Daft Punk is a pioneering duo and their music is truly timeless. I'll be bumpin their stuff well into 2060. Guaranteed.

I was 100% sober and danced the whole time. So to the guy saying "drug music". Just cause you don't get goosebumps rockin' out to Da Funk' isn't our issue. Take a hike.

The video doesn't do the live setting justice, but I still get a smile every time I watch this.

Quote Originally Posted by kronz420 View Post
    I remember lots of people saying "Its just two djs. Its not like they are going to show up in full robot costumes and destroy the place" Well thats exactly what happened. When the lights first came up everyone went ape shit at the sight of them in full get up high up on a pyramid. As if that was not enough the show built up with every song. At first nobody knew the amount of lights and production that went into that stage. Throughout the set more and more lights and production started to come out. Everyone in that tent was fully engaged and getting the fuck down! It really was a special moment that I dont think can ever be duplicated. It was still awesome to see them on tour in LA but it was nowhere near what happened that magical night.
    This^^^ They worked the crowd over so well and we didn't even know what hit us. Throughout the whole set the crowd kept guessing what was coming next and because they mashed up all their hits you kept getting surprised. Then the visual queues got more and more intense and finally climaxed with the pyramid going nuts. Epic. Energy. Period.

The last thing I'll say about the show was this. Memorable. I have a lot of memories about different acts at Coachella in the 5 years I've been since 2002. This show brings more memories than most acts I've ever seen.

it was a no brainer closing night.... Daft Punk goin up against the rakes, she wants revenge and tosca...come on now...

i would really love to hear from the people who were at those sets
    Papi Piratón!

I wonder the same thing?
    my friends (who are older) and have been attending for 10 years (2013 will be their 10th year)
    won't shut up about it both during coachella last year

and during headline speculation
    it's like nothing has ever and will ever compare

some of us vets are also gettin old man "GET OFF MY LAWN" syndrome i guess...

every chella is special but that moment in 06 was pretty much a sweet spot for a lot of us...
    Papi Piratón!

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Krutze always somewhere eh. Posted b4 so peeps just give me a break this morn k. This is , as Randy would say, my shitty pc skills: So be it ..... But here it is anyway for ne00bies .... cr****

Edit, hummm that didn't work ......

Check out the row

The only thing that could possibly be more magical than Coachella would be if that nite had happened at Red Rocks. I've never been, but from what I've seen, I could have been convinced that aliens had really landed that night in those surroundings. Red Rocks is definitely on my bucket list.

Quote Originally Posted by JC2011 View Post
    The reason why this was the best live show I've ever seen by far is that the ENERGY was second to none. ENERGY. period.

I've never felt the ENERGY that this live show produced. Their Mix-Mashup of their hits couldn't have been better. They played the crowd and their music EPICALLY. Daft Punk is a pioneering duo and their music is truly timeless. I'll be bumpin their stuff well into 2060. Guaranteed.

I was 100% sober and danced the whole time. So to the guy saying "drug music". Just cause you don't get goosebumps rockin' out to Da Funk' isn't our issue. Take a hike.

The video doesn't do the live setting justice, but I still get a smile every time I watch this.
    I almost made the mistake of skipping this video because I thought it was one I had already seen...
    It's not, and it's really, really good... Good enough to remind me that some things are really worth waiting for in life...

Quote Originally Posted by footixy View Post
    it was a no brainer closing night.... Daft Punk goin up against the rakes, she wants revenge and tosca...come on now...

i would really love to hear from the people who were at those sets
    A friend of mine saw She Wants Revenge.

To say he regrets that decision would be putting it lightly.

I met a friend of a friend that day who was all excited to see She Wants Revenge because "they're from France!"
    (they're actually from the Valley, as if that would make a difference).
    He was a drunk fool and I'm glad I never saw him again.

Another thing was that because of the timing of the set, every other stage had shut down or was between acts. You could hear Daft Punk start-up on about 75% of the festival grounds. And it was at the end of the night, and everyone was zombified, so they just sort of drifted toward the sound and the lights.

I don't like electronic music, generally. Daft Punk was so sublime that I left three or four songs in, for fear I'd taint the memory. Like, it was too good for me to take in a whole set. It was that good.
    Just Say No to eurotrash nonsense. Rock n' roll will set you free.

I thought this thread was about Madonna or Depeche Mode.

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Krutze always somewhere eh. Posted b4 so peeps just give me a break this morn k. This is , as Randy would say, my shitty pc skills: So be it ..... But here it is anyway for ne00bies .... cr****

Edit, hummm that didn't work ......

Check out the row

Red Rocks is a place I have to hit up soon.

Yep. Me 2. Saw that show two more times that year. I don't know if it is possible to top it.Their new cd will have to be stellar and the show has to be in 3D.
    06', 07', 08', 09', 10', 11', 12', 13'

Quote Originally Posted by AgainstFeist View Post
    Yep. Me 2. Saw that show two more times that year. I don't know if it is possible to top it.Their new cd will have to be stellar and the show has to be in 3D.
    I remember right after the show walking around the campsite and talking to people and feeling really really bad for the few that answered "didn't see it, but She wants revenge was amazing!" ><...was an incredible night. But their show at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley was better.
    feel my mother fucking bass in your face...sensually.

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    Wow that is awesome!
    God I can't stand you

Welgo you are also the worst

Welgo and xanman get married your both intolerable Xanax will take a pic of him going down on you saying first and well all believe him and not give a shit

Quote Originally Posted by JC2011 View Post
    The last thing I'll say about the show was this. Memorable. I have a lot of memories about different acts at Coachella in the 5 years I've been since 2002. This show brings more memories than most acts I've ever seen.
    Memorable? Very discriptive.

Great set. Will never be topped, by anything, ever. Don't even try.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

It was the timing! It was special because it was special! The energy was special.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    Welgo you are also the worst
    so glad to be in such high company
    No Shirt
    No Shoes
    No Dice

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

2006 was my first Coachella and Daft Punk was the show that hooked me for good. The rest of the day was great, Sigur Ros was especially memorable, but there was just nothing to prepare me for what went down that night in the Sahara. I remember watching some Depeche Mode and Atmosphere before hand, enjoying both but not in a "i'm gonna tell my grandkids about this" kind of way. We knew we had to check out Daft Punk but none of us were prepared for that show. As soon as Robot Rock dropped something changed in me, as corny as that sounds. I became a Daft Punk fanatic, telling and showing everyone I knew what the magic was all about. Luckily I got to see the tour twice more, once in Miami that same year and again at the Red Rocks show (which was GA if I remember correctly, at least my ticket was). Plus I've been to every day of Coachella every since, except for the second weekend of last year. Traveling for music became second nature, that Red Rocks show was the longest road trip I've ever taken in my life and Coachella is about as far away from me as anywhere else in this country. Do I give it a second thought? Hell no. Daft Punk changed me, no doubt about it.
    That which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music - Aldous Huxley

Hooked since '06

Check my latest music video