Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 606

Thread: Lollapalooza 2013

  1. #61

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Because they cant play Pitchfork which is right before their date in Ohio?
    I think National would be headlining if they were doing Pitchfork.

  2. #62
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    The National have similar billing as R. Kelly at Bonnaroo, probably a bigger draw than B&S and are flirting with arena sized venues elsewhere in the US.
    But something is need before Bjork so it can sell out.

  3. #63
    old school PJandBompton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    3,607

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    But something is need before Bjork so it can sell out.
    The National would be headlining above Belle & Sebastian.

    11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

  4. #64
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,878

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2013

    Srsly, supre, just give up.

    You appear to have dimentia.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  5. #65
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,004

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    But something is need before Bjork so it can sell out.
    Pitchfork need to move 50,000 passes for their weekend
    Coachella had to move 160,000 passes for both weekends

    Pitchfork will do just fine.

  6. #66
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,503

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2013

    Friday never sells out at Pitchfork anyway
    This year will be no exception

  7. #67
    old school
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Innerspace
    Posts
    3,300

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    Friday never sells out at Pitchfork anyway
    This year will be no exception
    Since when? Single day tickets have sold out every year for the past few years that I can remember.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

  8. #68
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,503

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2013

    I have been going since 2009 and I don't think Friday has sold out any of those years.

  9. #69

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    The National have similar billing as R. Kelly at Bonnaroo, probably a bigger draw than B&S and are flirting with arena sized venues elsewhere in the US.
    The National: Coming to Staples & Honda Center this fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

  10. #70
    old school
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Innerspace
    Posts
    3,300

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    I have been going since 2009 and I don't think Friday has sold out any of those years.
    Single day tickets for sure sell out every year. 3 Day passes don't always sell out tho.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

  11. #71
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,503

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2013

    You have it backwards

  12. #72
    old school
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Innerspace
    Posts
    3,300

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2013

    I don't know about that. We'll see this year I guess. It has sold out completely i think 3 out of the past 4 years.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

  13. #73

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    Single day tickets for sure sell out every year. 3 Day passes don't always sell out tho.
    2012 http://chicagoist.com/2012/03/26/pit...3-day_pass.php
    2011 http://pitchfork.com/news/41768-pitc...sses-sold-out/
    2010 http://pitchfork.com/news/37889-pitc...sses-sell-out/
    2009 http://pitchfork.com/news/35608-2009...sses-sold-out/ (last time it was 2 days)

    3 day passes sell out every single year. single days do not. some of the days do though, and usually closer to the actual festival date. could use google a little more and see which days, but not right now. i remember the pavement day in 2010 selling out.

  14. #74
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    I have been going since 2009 and I don't think Friday has sold out any of those years.
    2011, when Animal Collective played, friday sold out....

  15. #75
    Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    9,178

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2013

    but...who gives a shit?
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

  16. #76
    old school
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Innerspace
    Posts
    3,300

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by zfireswitch View Post
    2012 http://chicagoist.com/2012/03/26/pit...3-day_pass.php
    2011 http://pitchfork.com/news/41768-pitc...sses-sold-out/
    2010 http://pitchfork.com/news/37889-pitc...sses-sell-out/
    2009 http://pitchfork.com/news/35608-2009...sses-sold-out/ (last time it was 2 days)

    3 day passes sell out every single year. single days do not. some of the days do though, and usually closer to the actual festival date. could use google a little more and see which days, but not right now. i remember the pavement day in 2010 selling out.
    Maybe you could learn how to use your brain a little better and determine that these links you listed are for information on sales months before the weekend of the fest.

    And yes who really gives a shit.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

  17. #77
    Member dekelou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    190

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    Yes it was. The fireworks going off during Radiohead's show were perfect. The crazy amped crowd during Rage. I unfortunately split sets with Kanye and NIN but luckily caught the last 45 minutes of NIN which were amazing.
    That was a great year, I split the Kanye and NIN sets too. Sprinting across Grant Park was not alot of fun.

  18. #78
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,503

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2013

    Since the expansion the walk across the park is much easier and faster

  19. #79
    Member orangejulius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    290

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    Since the expansion the walk across the park is much easier and faster.
    Agreed. I've found the festival grounds much easier to navigate in past few years. The street eliminates those, "shuffle slowly to avoid stepping on someone" moments as well. Now, I've just got to figure out how to not look like a dork by running from one side to the other...
    Last edited by orangejulius; 03-01-2013 at 12:51 PM.
    2/21 - Skinny Puppy
    5/23-25 - Summer Camp
    7/18-20 - Pitchfork Music Festival
    8/1-3 - Lollapalooza

  20. #80
    Member Bob_Loblaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    247

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2013

    Atoms for Peace released Euro dates ending on 7/26 in London.

    I'm hoping they're at OSL, but I think Lolla will get them.

  21. #81
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,878

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2013

    many bands play both.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  22. #82
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw View Post
    Atoms for Peace released Euro dates ending on 7/26 in London.

    I'm hoping they're at OSL, but I think Lolla will get them.
    Who says theyre doing either.....

  23. #83
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,004

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2013

    http://festival-outlook.consequenceo...8/off-festival

    My Bloody Valentine in Poland the same weekend as Lolla

  24. #84
    Member orangejulius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    290

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    http://festival-outlook.consequenceo...8/off-festival

    My Bloody Valentine in Poland the same weekend as Lolla
    That earlier "leak" was an obvious fake the moment it arose. Why people continue to believe that crap is beyond me.

    As for NIN, they have 6 days to get back (7/28, Korea) to the states to play Lolla, probably Sunday. (8/4) After that they are to play Germany on the 18th. Seems logical to me...?
    2/21 - Skinny Puppy
    5/23-25 - Summer Camp
    7/18-20 - Pitchfork Music Festival
    8/1-3 - Lollapalooza

  25. #85
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,004

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by orangejulius View Post
    That earlier "leak" was an obvious fake the moment it arose. Why people continue to believe that crap is beyond me.

    As for NIN, they have 6 days to get back (7/28, Korea) to the states to play Lolla, probably Sunday.
    That MBV date probably makes Lolla, OSL and Osheaga to all be longshots.

    NIN would cross the international dateline when flying over Hawaii which adds a day to their travel schedule. Korea gets the dress rehearsal.

  26. #86
    Member orangejulius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    290

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    That MBV date probably makes Lolla, OSL and Osheaga to all be longshots.

    NIN would cross the international dateline when flying over Hawaii which adds a day to their travel schedule. Korea gets the dress rehearsal.
    Good point...

    Chicago makes a good halfway stop until they jump into Germany. Some Lolla board members were a bit worried by the Korea add, but it doesn't really change anything. I suppose come early April we'll all find out though.
    2/21 - Skinny Puppy
    5/23-25 - Summer Camp
    7/18-20 - Pitchfork Music Festival
    8/1-3 - Lollapalooza

  27. #87

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2013

    Apparently Green Day and The Cure (in additon to Phoenix, previously confirmed) will nab headlining spots at Osheaga. So they are possible for Lolla as well.

  28. #88
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,878

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2013

    anyone who believes that twitter guy is real should probably re-evaluate their lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  29. #89
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,503

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2013

    Really the only longshot act that he listed was The Cure
    We will find out his accuracy on Monday

  30. #90
    Coachella Junkie paulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Woods, WI
    Posts
    18,834

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2013

    Hey guys, my wife designed this Lolla shirt for a contest they are having, winner gets VIP tix and the shirt sold at the festival, and most votes gets 2 3 day passes... think you guys could please take a minute and vote please, Thank you!!

    http://www.talenthouse.com/creativei...ncDZU.facebook
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Similar Threads

  1. Lollapalooza Chile and Brazil 2013
    By suprefan in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-09-2012, 03:27 AM
  2. Lollapalooza Chile 2013 / Possibile Coachella additions?
    By StarsAreBurning in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-07-2012, 12:19 PM
  3. Lollapalooza
    By Argel in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-18-2010, 04:44 PM
  4. Lollapalooza?
    By shaggyduck in forum Questions
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 11:49 AM
  5. Lollapalooza '07
    By Vericuester in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 05:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •