Thread: Stubhub question

Default Stubhub question

So I've heard everyone saying that if you buy a ticket from stubhub and if it turns out to be fake then they'll replace the fake ones with real ones. Is this true? If so how is this possible?

Default Re: Stubhub question

It's not.

it's pretty much impossible to replace a pass for a sold out event, but if tickets were remaining they usually can replace the ticket. where stubhub has its advantage is that you do get your money back (in exchange for paying the fees)
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

I believe they just guarantee the authenticity.
    The match of the century: absence versus thin air.

they cant guarantee that. they can only guarantee your money back. so you could still get all the way there and turned away and be SOL for the weekend. and then whoopie, get your money back. but not all your time or money spent going there.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Quote Originally Posted by claytron View Post
    I believe they just guarantee the authenticity.
    They have no way of doing that. Sellers have to give their credit card when they list a ticket. For instances like sporting events etc that have electronic tickets, they would find you another ticket of near value and then charge the person who fucked you the difference. Since Coachella only has wristbands and StubHub has no way of getting you a wristband right away should you get screwed, all you're going to get is your money back and a chance to explore all of the exciting things Palm Springs has to offer.
    06,11,12,13,14(1+2)

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Irt psychic friend, you fine folks at GV gave us wristband registration. Sooo... If the wristband doesn't register, you contact stubhub, the will return the money from the seller, charge them the cost of the pass in fines and use those fines to purchase a new pass for you from the inventory for sale on their website. Honestly, you can report a fraudulent wristband even if it's good. Stubhub doesn't want any buyers to have negative experiences with their service. They don't do much to investigate a fraud claim. Instead, they just buy you off so you won't start roasting them online.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Wherever you heard that, that's a load of bullshit. Third party/scalper tickets are not accepted. If you want to get in, get them from the official source.
    See ya guys at Coachella 2013, Bros!! View my day job at https://github.com/sharksfan98

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Didn't you just recieve passes from a thirdparty?

Better not show up.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Thank you guys! I think I understand now.

Had an incident with a StubHub ticket last night. Was an e-ticket so when I went to use it at the door, the ticket had already been used. Luckily StubHub had a table at the hotel down the street and were able to get me a seat in the same section after refunding me. So, I ended up with a slightly better ticket in a better row and paying nothing. Overall, I was happy with it, but not sure how this would work with the wristbands. If they plan to get extra wristbands and have a set up near the venue, it would be great. Otherwise it would suck. You would get a refund, but otherwise still wouldn't have a wristband.

Sidenote: Never going to sell tickets through StubHub. They did NO background check to make sure the ticket really was a fake (not much they CAN do), so a seller could easily get screwed.

refund = okay.
    crushed hopes & dreams of anticipating a weekend of awesome music & festivities and then NOT getting in = SOOO not worth it.

I would cry.

StubHub will make their best attempt to "make it right", which involves more than just your money back. They will attempt to replace the ticket (in this case, wristband) if possible.

As someone already mentioned, what they would do in this case is buy one of the existing Coachella passes for sale on their site, and give it to you. They would then charge the credit card of the person that screwed you.

This, of course, is assuming that there is still time to get this done.

So, yes, if you show up at the festival and your wristband is fake, you are pretty much screwed because I doubt Stubhub has any presence in Indio, so the best you can do at that point is get your money back when you get home.

On the other hand, if someone sells you a pass but never sends you anything, or if you somehow figure out it's fake before the event, you're in good shape to get it replaced.
    This space for rent.

Also keep in mind that StubHub makes 25% (!!) off each transaction, so they can afford to do this, even if they fail to collect the money back from the scammer's credit card.
    This space for rent.