Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Canned Beer Choices for 2013

Default Re: New Canned Beer Choices for 2013

Just found out about a brewery literally down the street from my place.. Drank at the pub and loved the brew.

Going to be bringing a some of these!

golden-road-hef-one.jpg

*not my picture.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    YES to all of these.
    The Dale's Pale Ale is the shitttt though!
    & the big swell IPA is KILLERRRR!

Just tried the Golden Road Hefeweizen, and yes, that's going to be in my cooler.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post
    Just tried the Golden Road Hefeweizen, and yes, that's going to be in my cooler.
    Hell yeah man!

You should try their IPAs as well. Very yummy.

aint shiner, aint shit

Friday - OutKast / The Replacements / The Afghan Whigs / Shlohmo / GOAT / Flatbush Zombies / Glitch Mob / John Spencer / DJ Falcon / The Bots
    Saturday - QOTSA / NAS / CHVRCHES / Temples / Mogwai / Warpaint / DARKSIDE / Ty Segall / Graveyard / Carbon Airways
    Sunday - Beck / Disclosure / Motorhead / Little Dragon / Trombone Shorty / Frank Turner / Bombino / Bad Manners / J. Roddy / Scuba

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience ― Mark Twain

Not in time for Coachella, but an option for next year.

sam.jpg

http://boston.grubstreet.com/2013/02...can-debut.html

The Boston Beer Company announced this morning that, after two years of meticulous ergonomic and sensory research, they'll offer twelve-packs of their Samuel Adams Boston Lager in cans, starting in early summer. (Until now, Sam Adams has been sold exclusively in bottles.) CEO Jim Koch, never a fan of cans until spending millions to develop what he says is his own superlative vessel, believes that "cans have changed," per a release. Craft brewers, like Brooklyn's Sixpoint, long ago proved that good beer can indeed be found in cans. The logically named "Sam Can" will differentiate itself with a flared lip and wide top, designed to let those luscious hoppy aromas waft freely from can to nose. More important, it'll probably be just as easy as other cans to hide at the beach.

Please someone bring some Heady Topper to Coachella the second weekend!!! I will trade you some good stuff for it.

I love how so many good brews are being put into cans these days.

I'll be stocked for Coachella for sure.

my favorite beer... in a tall can... perfection...

fri- OUTKAST- The Replacements- Chromeo- AFI- Bonobo- Zedd- the Glitch Mob- Grouplove-Anthony Green-ZZ Ward-Anti-Flag- Flatbush Zombies- Crosses
    sat- Mgmt- Fatboy Slim- Nas- Kid kudi- Sleigh Bells-City and Colour- Chvrches- Mogwai- Future Islands- Rl Grime- the Internet-
    sun- Beck- Calvin Harris- Motorhead- Duck Sause- Flosstradamus-Toy Dolls- Big Gigantic- Strfkr-Fishbone- Bombino- Poolside- Showtek
    05~06~07~09~11~12.2~13.1~13.2~14.1~14.2

In all reality I wish Paul would work some deals w/breweries other than heineken.
    From all the photos posted here it's safe to say that a large majority of us are into craft brew. I don't know about you guys, but my tastebuds aren't necessarily satisfied w/Heineken.

Quote Originally Posted by 24hours View Post
    In all reality I wish Paul would work some deals w/breweries other than heineken.
    From all the photos posted here it's safe to say that a large majority of us are into craft brew. I don't know about you guys, but my tastebuds aren't necessarily satisfied w/Heineken.
    Agreed. Why they havent got a local california brewery is beyond me... i mean we have Sierra Nevada, Lost Coast, Anderson Valley, Firestone Walker, Karl Strauss... just to name a few... we have some of the cream of the crop of microbrews, and we have visitors to this festival that come from around the world. Why not showcase what we have to offer? Do you guys think its soley a $$$ issue?
    Friday - OutKast / The Replacements / The Afghan Whigs / Shlohmo / GOAT / Flatbush Zombies / Glitch Mob / John Spencer / DJ Falcon / The Bots
    Saturday - QOTSA / NAS / CHVRCHES / Temples / Mogwai / Warpaint / DARKSIDE / Ty Segall / Graveyard / Carbon Airways
    Sunday - Beck / Disclosure / Motorhead / Little Dragon / Trombone Shorty / Frank Turner / Bombino / Bad Manners / J. Roddy / Scuba

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience ― Mark Twain

in all honesty, probably shiner and pbr will occupy the cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by StarsAreBurning View Post
    Agreed. Why they havent got a local california brewery is beyond me... i mean we have Sierra Nevada, Lost Coast, Anderson Valley, Firestone Walker, Karl Strauss... just to name a few... we have some of the cream of the crop of microbrews, and we have visitors to this festival that come from around the world. Why not showcase what we have to offer? Do you guys think its soley a $$$ issue?
    Could be a legal issue too. Some contracts specify an exclusive relationship for x number of years.
    Philip Glass Ensemble - Philip Glass - Tycho - William Tyler - Nickel Creek - Jandek - The Mountain Goats - Hopscotch 2014

The beer I bring is highly dependent on the weather. Last year during weekend 1 I stocked up on IPA's, pale ales and lagers and it worked out great because the weather was so nice. It's easy to drink 4 or 5 Torpedo's before you go into a fest when it's 70 degrees outside. I stocked up on the same beer for weekend 2 and the 103 degree temps prevented me from drinking hardly any of it. We ended up having to go buy Tecate Lights and liquor.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Quote Originally Posted by StarsAreBurning View Post
    Yes! Sierra Nevada was at Outside Lands!

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    The beer I bring is highly dependent on the weather. Last year during weekend 1 I stocked up on IPA's, pale ales and lagers and it worked out great because the weather was so nice. It's easy to drink 4 or 5 Torpedo's before you go into a fest when it's 70 degrees outside. I stocked up on the same beer for weekend 2 and the 103 degree temps prevented me from drinking hardly any of it. We ended up having to go buy Tecate Lights and liquor.
    Dude, I roll w/the same strategy. Last year the night before leaving I checked the weather & noticed the heat wave WKND 2 would have to endure so I made a quick stop at Total Wine & stocked up on some Rolling Rock because the IPAs/PALE would be too much to keep down in that weather. I'm hoping this year WKND 2 has the cooler weather.

Anything from Oskar Blues is good - a nice cold Mama’s Little Yella Pills is great in the heat!

And besides me going with this years British Invasion theme, a couple cases of these bad boys and a bag of Oranges always hits the spot.
    shock top.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    Could be a legal issue too. Some contracts specify an exclusive relationship for x number of years.
    has heineken been the exclusive beer sponsor for coachella since 99' or have they gone through different brands?

Some great stuff here guys. I'm def going to give some of these a try.

First year camper here, so here's a quick question for you guys. What constitutes a case of beer per person? Are you just putting about 24 cans per person in a cooler and calling it good?
    Coachella: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W1, 2013 W1 & W2, 2014 W1 & W2

we are going to be comfortable this year! Last year was miserable crawling in and out of our tent. We got a standing room tent on Amazon this year and can't wait to be able to stretch out and even sit in chairs inside the tent.tent2a.jpg

They were more concerned with checking our bags rather than counting how much beer we had.

Quote Originally Posted by golf1here View Post
    we are going to be comfortable this year! Last year was miserable crawling in and out of our tent. We got a standing room tent on Amazon this year and can't wait to be able to stretch out and even sit in chairs inside the tent.tent2a.jpg
    I see that you have a vested interest in this, as I have seen your other posts, that are nearly word for word the same. STOP YOUR SPAM, douche.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

Quote Originally Posted by christopepper View Post
    Some great stuff here guys. I'm def going to give some of these a try.

First year camper here, so here's a quick question for you guys. What constitutes a case of beer per person? Are you just putting about 24 cans per person in a cooler and calling it good?
    I think I brought in close to 60 beers for myself last year.

Heniken pays Coachella a lot of money...

Hanger 24 cans their own beer now.Golden Road's IPA was great drinking during the day at Coachella last year.
    Last edited by getbetter; 02-28-2013 at 06:16 PM.

Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's 04/26/15
    Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch 05/02-04/14
    The Decemberist @ Crystal Ballroom 05/30/14
    Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds @ The Warfield 07/07/14

Last.fm
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    thanks for whatever you did in mexico.