Thread: David Lee Roth 2014

Default David Lee Roth 2014

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...uture-20130212

David Lee Roth wanted Van Halen to play Coachella. I have a better idea. How about the original David Lee Roth band with Steve Vai and Billy Sheehan? This was the band that ruled the world in 1986 and a reunion would be the most amazing thing to ever happen at Coachella. It would be a major coup for Paul if he could get the first show and an exclusive on this.
    "why are you so annoying" TheKlein25

Default Re: David Lee Roth 2014

You're just recycling previous posts now, SMA.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    You're just recycling previous posts now, SMA.
    I don't think I ever posted about this or seen a post suggesting David Lee Roth play.

If one hit wonders from 15-20 years ago can get headline slots, then there should be room for the original David Lee Roth band. 1986-1987 he did a SOLD OUT 6 month arena tour with many multiple nights. If he were to headline Coachella, it would be the best Coachella ever. That band killed, and for a time, was Van Halen's equal.
    "why are you so annoying" TheKlein25

OP is confusing Coachella with Metal Day at the 1983 US festival
    2014 completely unrealistic wishlist: Radiohead, Atoms For Peace, Elbow, Doves, Kristin Hersh, David Bowie, Kate Bush, Chemical Brothers, Faithless, Shy Child, Massive Attack, Zero 7, The Dickies, Holy Fuck, Seun Kuti and Egypt 80, The Flaming Lips

Quote Originally Posted by psycobetabuckdown View Post
    is that chucky canuck guy kroqken?
    Quote Originally Posted by higgybaby23 View Post
    Naw, too much hair.

Quote Originally Posted by chucky canuck View Post
    OP is confusing Coachella with Metal Day at the 1983 US festival
    Papi Piratón!

YES!!!!!! WANT!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

oh god. NO!!
    Coachella 2013
    The Stone Roses-Blur-Yeah Yeah Yeahs-Grinderman-Dog Blood-Beach House-Metric-Stars-Johnny Marr-Wolfgang Gartner-Nicky romero-Tommy Trash-Sparks-The XX-The Postal Service- New Order-Knife Party-Benny Benassi-Moby-Franz Ferdinand- SMD-Cafe Tacvba-Bat for Lashes-Richie Hawtin-Major Lazer-Fedde Le Grand-Bingo Players-Savages-3Ball MTY- Nick Cave-Vampire Weekend-Eric Prydz-Grimes-The Faint-Hardwell-Paul Oakenfold-Dinasaur Jr-OMD-Rodriguez-Parov Stelar Band

Saw him a couple months back at the Honda Center. Terrible Show.

Paul is dead

Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainst View Post
    Saw him a couple months back at the Honda Center. Terrible Show.
    I went to the Staples show, I agree entirely. I think the mix was muddied up to keep us from hearing how terrible his voice is...it didn't work. I'll give him a B+ for effort but he was belting out sour notes that were enough to scare away stray dogs.

Van Halen was fun in 07 at Staples, I just wish they had long hair and goofy outfits still.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Quote Originally Posted by gaspard27 View Post
    I went to the Staples show, I agree entirely. I think the mix was muddied up to keep us from hearing how terrible his voice is...it didn't work. I'll give him a B+ for effort but he was belting out sour notes that were enough to scare away stray dogs.
    Ok good so it was not just the terrible sound at Honda. I agree I had a really hard time hearing his voice.

Paul is dead

whats wrong with all you ppl? Its february 2013. Coachella is in 2 months. Why the fuck are you all posting about 2014????

old school

Quote Originally Posted by WhatLies View Post
    whats wrong with all you ppl? Its february 2013. Coachella is in 2 months. Why the fuck are you all posting about 2014????
    GV have already started contacting potential 2014 Headliners.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatLies View Post
    whats wrong with all you. why are you copy and pasting the same response in multiple threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

i'm still confused why VH isn't headlining coachella in 2013. they are instead playing odd-ball combo geezer metal shows, coupled with a few current bands. Rock USA in wisconsin and the stone music fest in Australia... WITH BILLY JOEL?

the only thing i can think is that VH wanted too much money to headline coachella... and these other promoters were desperate for a solid draw.. so they ponied up.

as far as people bitching about van halen's 2012 tour. fine, complain about dave's singing. DLR is DLR. love him or hate him. what CAN NOT be argued is the the eddie, alex and yes, even wolf... RIPPED SHIT UP!

see ya,
    Robby

exactly what in Empire Polo Field history leads you to believe that Van Halen would be a Coachella-suitable headliner
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

then please tell me what a "suitable headliner" for coachella is... prince? kanye? madonna? oh, that's right... they've ALL headlined coachella before.

it's a popular music festival. many different types of pop acts have headlined coachella (yes, depeche mode is a pop act. so are no doubt, the foo fighters and radiohead).

or are you implying that van halen isn't "cool enough" to play coachella? who's the purveyor of "cool"? you?

i'm sure i'm not the only one here who would LOVE hear "unchained" rip your eardrums to shreds in a huge outdoor event.

Robby

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    exactly what in Empire Polo Field history leads you to believe that Van Halen would be a Coachella-suitable headliner

Van Halen sucks. Nobody wants to hear jokey 80s hair metal on the polo fields.

For the record Foo Fighters, No Doubt and Madonna never headlined Coachella.

I actually dig Van Halen and have seen them before (2007). I just don't think they'd be a good fit, but anything's possible I guess.

everyone, Bons has spoken for all of us... NO ONE wants to hear van halen at the polo fields. which is precisely why there has been a "van halen at coachella" thread on this forum like nearly every year since the reunion with DLR. LOL!

Robby

Quote Originally Posted by Bons222000 View Post
    Van Halen sucks. Nobody wants to hear jokey 80s hair metal on the polo fields.

For the record Foo Fighters, No Doubt and Madonna never headlined Coachella.

but that's true of any band. i thought duran duran killed it in 2011. and there was a whole lotta shit talking about their appearance too.

it's all about a good time and a good show. VH are the soundtrack to good times. but no band can please everybody. so there will always be lovers and haters.

i'm sure many were rolling their eyes at the idea of prince. but the dude's an exemplary musician and a killer guitarist. even if it's not your type of music, you have to at least recognize the craft.

Robby

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    I actually dig Van Halen and have seen them before (2007). I just don't think they'd be a good fit, but anything's possible I guess.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by oaktown_dimond View Post
    i'm still confused why VH isn't headlining coachella in 2013. they are instead playing odd-ball combo geezer metal shows, coupled with a few current bands. Rock USA in wisconsin and the stone music fest in Australia... WITH BILLY JOEL?

the only thing i can think is that VH wanted too much money to headline coachella... and these other promoters were desperate for a solid draw.. so they ponied up.
    EVH may not have had a clean bill of health from his surgery in late 2012 that needed 6 months recovery time. So said the press release.

There's also the issue of David Lee Roth...let's say he could benefit from re-thinking how he approaches singing at live gigs.

Also, since 2007 they've only done ONE outdoor show and the upcoming 2013 will be their festival debut for the reunion era.