Thread: BYO Alcohol?

Cool BYO Alcohol?

Might be a stupid question, but I'm from Australia and don't know - can you bring your own alcohol?

We're staying in the Lake Eldorado teepees.

Default Re: BYO Alcohol?

Can we bring alcohol?
    Reasonable amount of beer (limited to 1 case of beer per person) (NO KEGS, NO GLASS, NO LIQUOR), for personal consumption only (NO VENDING), by folks who are of legal age (21), will be permitted to be brought onto the camping areas (not concert area). If, however, in the security's judgment it appears that the amount of alcohol is excessive for the number of persons in the vehicle, or if anyone in the vehicle is under 21 years of age, the organizers reserve the right to deny entry of the vehicle and/or confiscate the alcohol. Kegs may not be brought onto the property. Please keep these things in mind and be sensible about how much you plan to bring in. Beer will be available for purchase on the concert field. Yes, boxed wine is ok to bring, too.

Copypasta from the FAQ

If you're looking to bring alcohol other than stated above, you need to disguise it. Vodka in water bottles works pretty well.

Also please note that alcohol on the concert field is limited to the beer gardens. You can't walk around with it from stage to stage.
    Even though I look it, I'm not a cop.

Coachella 10, 12.1, 13.1, 14.2
    SXSW 14
    Lalapalooza 94

Rum in plastic apple juice containers to disguise and to loop hole around no glass containers. also since you can't drink outside the beer garden I found that you can easily bring a flask in behind your belt buckle from the campgrounds into the festival. captain morgan and orange gatorade chase reminded me of orange creamsicles all weekend lol

Which weekend and make sure you have your dingo flag flying so I know where to get some beam and coke! Never had a problem with a 30 pack o beer and 40oz of Rum! Bring yer own is correct N O G L A S S N O W O R R I E S
    Last edited by theStank; 02-12-2013 at 07:15 PM.

Cheers! We'll be there weekend 1 - rum and coke in hand.

Is it just the two of you in the tee-pee? There are at least 6 of us...... 4 of us in a big tent, myself and a bro in a tee pee. We'll be flying a Canadian Flag (Fernie BC)....... I have a big ass beard and will be swilling some Coors! Come over and say "Hi!"
    cheers

61O4KuGVJgL__SL1000_.jpg
    sneak the alcohol in using flask that doesn't looking like an alcohol container

Just pack your cars tight and bring as much alcohol as you want...as long as its a pain to search, your car will be ok. Good idea to put a bunch of gin and vodka in water bottles just in case, but our group has never even really tried to hide our alcohol and we have always gotten through. From what I can tell, they tend to be more lenient to the first major wave of cars (pretty much all day thursday) showing up because they want to get everyone in quickly. Also, be nice to the people checking your car, ask them how they are doing. Most of the time they just wave you through after opening your trunk.

The guidelines for brining in alcohol are bull. You can bring in as much as you can sneak...and its not hard to sneak.
    Last edited by themule; 02-18-2013 at 11:33 AM.