Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Will Phoenix's album be done in time?

Default Re: Will Phoenix's album be done in time?

They call this Entertainment, I call it a disappointment. Had higher expectations than this.

I love this first line lol...

The song is very safe, it's not bad, but it's not anything insane. I still have a lot of hope for the album and am ultimately pleased with the single.
    Friday: Outkast, The Replacements, Girl Talk, Chromeo, AFI, The Afghan Whigs, Bastille, Jagwar Ma, Grouplove, Caravan Palace
    Saturday: Muse, QOTSA, Pharrell, Foster the People, Empire of the Sun, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, Cage the Elephant, CHVRCHES, Capitol Cities, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Bear Hands
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Trombone Shorty, Frank Turner, Surfer Blood, J Roddy Walston

What sort of insanity are you looking to get from Phoenix?
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

I like this a lot
    I'ma ball at the mall shuttin' down the sea wall

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    What sort of insanity are you looking to get from Phoenix?
    Friday: Outkast, The Replacements, Girl Talk, Chromeo, AFI, The Afghan Whigs, Bastille, Jagwar Ma, Grouplove, Caravan Palace
    Saturday: Muse, QOTSA, Pharrell, Foster the People, Empire of the Sun, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, Cage the Elephant, CHVRCHES, Capitol Cities, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Bear Hands
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Trombone Shorty, Frank Turner, Surfer Blood, J Roddy Walston

Wow, the argument about whether or not these guys are fit to headline is just asinine.

To anyone who persists in thinking they're not worthy of headlining, I doubt I can convince you, because you're not interested in hearing other perspectives. But I saw them co-headline opposite Green Day at Lollapalooza in 2010 and it was right up there with the Arcade Fire for the best set of the festival. "Love Like A Sunset" is surreal in a festival atmosphere. There were easily 40,000 people at that stage having their minds blown that night, and it was a great time.

New single isn't their best, nor is it their worst. I'd be fine hearing it as part of a set. I'm very excited to see them again.
    Quote Originally Posted by youguysallsuckfatcock View Post
    now you guys are really pissing me off. especiall you walrus fucker

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Your cool moment is special. Really awesome-like. On the other side of the fence, some people think Arcade Fire are a pretty poor excuse for a headliner as well. If Daft Punk don't headline every night, both weekends, then surely heads will roll. May as well accept it.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    But I saw them co-headline opposite Green Day at Lollapalooza in 2010 and it was right up there with the Arcade Fire for the best set of the festival. "Love Like A Sunset" is surreal in a festival atmosphere. There were easily 40,000 people at that stage having their minds blown that night, and it was a great time.
    You're figure is about 15,000 off.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gloriousnoise/4881426968/

you people are fucking stupid if you dont think A. gv heard the new album already and B. it wont leak a month before coachella

basically you people are fucking stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Nealocus View Post
    So having a completely different artist join a band onstage once leads you to believe that that bands new music might be "insane"? Please explain your logic.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by igotmyxomatosis View Post
    you people are fucking stupid if you dont think A. gv heard the new album already and B. it wont leak a month before coachella

There's no evidence GV heard anything before the booking.

Even if it leaks a couple weeks early, will 30,000-40,000 attendees per weekend download it?

Everything about the new song reminds me of the KILLERS - "Spaceman," maybe...not even as good. But, that's tough competition.
    "ain't no thang but a chicken wang"

So having a completely different artist join a band onstage once leads you to believe that that bands new music might be "insane"? Please explain your logic.
    You are a sad little man. I simply said that the song wasn't insanely good, should I use another synonym to please you king? Get of your horse you douchebag.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    There's no evidence GV heard anything before the booking.

Even if it leaks a couple weeks early, will 30,000-40,000 attendees per weekend download it?
    1. of course there is no "evidence" ... why the hell would there be? im just gonna go ahead and assume that a company who is clearly competent listened to the upcoming album of a band that they booked to headline the best festival in this country

2. the people who are actually complaining about this will download it. and if they dont, they can just fuck off

The new single is fun and upbeat. What I'd expect from a Phoenix single.
    +_47ff88cf_1775_f1b3.gif
    DRUGS ON KIDS

i was pretty wasted by the end of their set last i saw them. good show, cant wait to see it now that its big time. i was less than floored by the new single, though.

old school

1. of course there is no "evidence" ... why the hell would there be? im just gonna go ahead and assume that a company who is clearly competent listened to the upcoming album of a band that they booked to headline the best festival in this country
    Why would hearing new material matter in the booking process as long as the new album was release ready come April?

Would that mean a GV employee flying to France to hear several songs and reporting back to the office? Unreleased album in progress are jealously guarded and frequently under lock & key.

GV were willing to throw top dollar at Daft without heaing a single note.

obviously daft punk is the real headliner and this is all a rouse. Its phoenix's turn to make a cameo for DP

Quote Originally Posted by jjxbrassmonkey92 View Post
    obviously daft punk is the real headliner and this is all a rouse. Its phoenix's turn to make a cameo for DP
    Music biz 101 bruh

There has to be a demand to support the leak. I don't think anyone really loves Phoenix. A lot of people like them, and have gotten used to hearing them. Headliners at Coachella are pretty much hit or miss with me. No in betweens. Phoenix is a clear miss. A second or third line fluffer that got billed as a headliner. The new album is done. No one but the OP fucking cares. /Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Why would hearing new material matter in the booking process as long as the new album was release ready come April?

Would that mean a GV employee flying to France to hear several songs and reporting back to the office? Unreleased album in progress are jealously guarded and frequently under lock & key.

GV were willing to throw top dollar at Daft without heaing a single note.
    Phoenix and Daft Punk are not exactly the same. There is a reason DP can get that money without having to share a single note.

Maybe I am giving GV too much credit here (I don't really think I am, but eh...) but it wouldn't make sense to book a headliner on Phoenix's level without asking to hear the album in advance. I would guess that certain people in the music industry hear all these well-guarded secret albums way in advance.

I could be way off here but either way, I'm not really in the "Phoenix isn't a headliner" camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Nealocus View Post
    You are a sad little man. I simply said that the song wasn't insanely good, should I use another synonym to please you king? Get of your horse you douchebag.
    Calm down, little one. I thought you referring to the song being insane. Like, having some crazy time signatures or effects and sounds that would be different.

Yes, the song isn't insanely good. And The Killers were the first thing I thought of when I heard it too. That's not saying much.

Enjoy being angry.

Calm down, little one. I thought you referring to the song being insane. Like, having some crazy time signatures or effects and sounds that would be different.

Yes, the song isn't insanely good. And The Killers were the first thing I thought of when I heard it too. That's not saying much.

Enjoy being angry.
    Is it worse to be angry, or to be angry at angry people to the point of responding to them? I mean, at least the merely angry people can harness their rage. You're still not sure which side of the fence you want your mask to represent. You're trying to be cool, while still being angry. Conflict!

To be honest with you, that makes good sense. But all I was asking originally was how someone would think Phoenix would come out with something "insane". I misunderstood the guys use of the word and responded accordingly. He shot back at me with what seemed to be hostility and I came back with a little bit sarcastic response.

And honestly, I really don't care all enough about it to get in a huge pissing match right now, so if you want to continue feel free.
    Last edited by shotglass75; 02-20-2013 at 11:31 AM.

P H O E N I X - I S - A - W E A K A S S - B A N D ! ! ! ! W O U L D - T A K E - A L O T - M O R E - T H A N - D A F T - P U N K - T O - S A V E ' E M

I'm suffocating from the stupidity in this thread.
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

^please hurry and die, but do it quietly fer fek sake

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

i can't even tell who's not an idiot anymore.

this board has gone to shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

I can

This Phoenix album will be done without time.

Ahem... see what I did there?