Thread: Have extra space on car camping lot, weekend 1!

Cool Have extra space on car camping lot, weekend 1!

Hello All,

In what has become a tradition for my best friend and I, we have decided to once again share our car camping lot with a new group. This is our third Coachella, and the last two times we've rented out part of our space were great experiences and resulted in some awesome new friends. We are going weekend 1, it's just us two (she's 26 and I'm (also a girl) 24). We only have space for one extra tent, but given that we are all going to have to arrive in the same vehicle (most likely), the ideal group size would be 2-3.

We only have the one car camping pass and are planning to rent a car from the Ontario Airport when we fly in on Thursday around 5:00pm. So the three options would be: 1) to fly in and ride with us (or have us pick you up from the palm springs airport), 2) meet us at the campgrounds, or 3) pick us up from the airport in your large SUV (because we have a large camping bag and a canopy as well as luggage).

The last couple of years we've done a bit of a screening to make sure the group we share our space with is like-minded and, with that in mind, let me tell you a little about us. We're from Austin, Texas, and we go to as many music festivals as we can. This year we're really excited about (in no particular order): The Lumineers, The Postal Service, Modest Mouse, Of Monsters and Men, Franz Ferdinand, Hot Chip, Bassnectar, Pretty Lights, Eric Prydz, Passion Pit, Knife Party, etc. We would really like to camp with people who are close to our age (so 22-28ish), but we're open to cool people of all ages.

If this sounds like it could work for you, please send me a message if you/your group would like to share our camping space!

TL;DR Have extra space on our car camping lot for weekend 1, must have large suv and room for 2 people in suv if wanting to pick us up, please message if interested.
    Last edited by prettylightsrocks; 02-12-2013 at 07:14 AM.

Default Re: Have extra space on car camping lot, weekend 1!

Hey I would love to camp it with you girls and I would definitely be able to pick you girls up from the airport, but I only have a mid size car if its not a problem please message me

Hi we really have to have someone with an SUV because the canopy we have is like 6 ft long! Sorry!

bump! Still looking for someone to share space with!

Have pickup truck will travel, willing to rideshare + food..
    IM me for more info
    Last edited by gregsan27; 03-04-2013 at 01:57 PM.

I would love to help if your still looking just inbox me it will me myself and my boyfriend. We can pick you up we also have a spot but want to combine another to have it bigger.

So if u want we could get u in one car mine then set up with his car and mine and take u back to the airport.

Lurker

Have a extra seat/spot ?? im 27 im willing to cooperate with money all costs!!

Lurker

hi my group and i would love for you guys to join us. we're a group of 12 and about 5 camping passes so we have plenty of room. we are just looking for more people to camp around and neighbor with us. msg me if youd like to join we're also betweeen the ages of 21-25 girls and guys

Hi, me and my brother are flying in to LAX from MN. Any chance we could join you guys some how?

Lurker

I had to purchase the car camping pass bundle. Unfortunately I won't be able to camp and have since purchased shuttle passes. Wish there was a way that I could just donate my car camping pass to someone that could use it. I understand why they don't allow it, but it sucks in situations like this when my spot will go unused.

Can you sell your camping pass? It's my first year going and I wasn't able to buy a car camping pass, but I am willing to pay for one. It's juts myself and my bf.

(prettylightsrocks) My bf and I are driving down from SF Bay..we haven't gotten the car yet, so we can still rent an SUV and pick you up at the airport on Friday. If you still have the spaces available, we would love to be part of your Fun Car Camping Lot...It's our first year going and would love to be able to camp there with other fun people!! We are 24 and 25 (both guys) we have been to other music festivals, and are really looking forward to this one. We pretty much want to see all the artists you mentioned, especially all of them!! Please let me know if you will consider us so we can talk some more!!
    CHEERS!!

My friend and I have car camping passes and flying in from OR and MA. Anyone wanna pick us up from LAX or share rental with us and we can join you to expand your Fun Car Camping Lot?

Lurker

I will gladly love to join you if you want, its my first time going to coachella and will appreciate a good company, we can share costs and save somo money!!! Regards!

for all replying to thread i'm in san diego and looking to put together a group of good people. weekend 1. planning on getting to coachella thursday afternoon. let me know if interested. i have an extra pass and car camping spot for sale also. mike

bump bump
    still lookin
    bump bump

debauchery - are you willing to trade your weekend 1 car camping pass for a weekend 1 pass with shuttle?

we found someone to share our camping space with but are looking for more cool people to camp next to! please PM me if you're interested in meeting up on Thursday afternoon around 5:30PM near the ontario airport and going into the campgrounds together!