Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best time to enter the car camping grounds?

Default Re: Best time to enter the car camping grounds?

Last year I rolled into the lineup at exactly 4:20 Thursday afternoon. Tent was set up right at 111 and Main by 5:30. It was a great spot about a 2 minute walk to the entrance. Close to buffet and the general store and showers. If you go to the showers 5 minutes before they open in the morning, 8am I think, you'll never have to wait more than 10 minutes or so.

Quote Originally Posted by bfq1983 View Post
    Last year I rolled into the lineup at exactly 4:20 Thursday afternoon. Tent was set up right at 111 and Main by 5:30. It was a great spot about a 2 minute walk to the entrance. Close to buffet and the general store and showers. If you go to the showers 5 minutes before they open in the morning, 8am I think, you'll never have to wait more than 10 minutes or so.
    I think the showers were actually open 24 hours last year? Can someone else confirm this?
    He sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame...

Head in as soon as possible, get there before the gates open. Worried about crowds? It won't get any better later in the day.
    See ya guys at Coachella 2013, Bros!! View my day job at https://github.com/sharksfan98

Quote Originally Posted by CaseSensitive View Post
    I think the showers were actually open 24 hours last year? Can someone else confirm this?
    That sounds familiar. If so, it was only one of the shower trailers, not all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by dcbell05 View Post
    That sounds familiar. If so, it was only one of the shower trailers, not all of them.
    found this in the FAQ's:

"YES FREE LOCATED IN EACH OF THE CAMPGROUNDS
    Shower hours are 8am - 2 pm and 8pm to 2 AM
    There will be a limited amount of showers running 24 hrs a day in the Lot 10 Shower Pod."
    Friday - OutKast / The Replacements / The Afghan Whigs / Shlohmo / GOAT / Flatbush Zombies / Glitch Mob / John Spencer / DJ Falcon / The Bots
    Saturday - QOTSA / NAS / CHVRCHES / Temples / Mogwai / Warpaint / DARKSIDE / Ty Segall / Graveyard / Carbon Airways
    Sunday - Beck / Disclosure / Motorhead / Little Dragon / Trombone Shorty / Frank Turner / Bombino / Bad Manners / J. Roddy / Scuba

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience ― Mark Twain

last year i arrived at 8 pm Thursday and we were one of very first people who were guided towards lot 5 (smaller, cozy lot and fairly close to the venue). i would say people who arrive as early as possible to about 6 pm get the best spots in lot 8, then from a certain point they fill up lot 5, then rest of further spots in lot 8 and 10... this year i'm planning on arriving at about 3-4 pm, avoiding early massive search, acquiring a spot pleasantly located in the middle of lot 8 (close to both venue and activity area).

ONLY the showers in the center activity area are open 24 hours, the rest of them are closed after certain hours. I would say the best time for shower is from 2 to 6 am at the 24-hour shower truck. I have tried waiting in the early morning before it opened at 8, there were still long long lines of people. by any means AVOID 9 am to 12 pm, unless you wanna waste your precious 3 hours.

Searching scale seems to vary a lot from person to person. I've been car camping twice but never gotten a single search inside my car, not even an ID check. the security nicely asked me if i had anything illegal, no said I giving an innocent smile, they pass me through. Look naive, is the key point. i think, ahem.

hope that helped!