Thread: The "I can't stand Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds but f*cking LOVE Grinderman" thread

Default The "I can't stand Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds but f*cking LOVE Grinderman" thread

Anyone else on this? Am I pretty much the only one?

Or is it usually the other way around?

EDIT...Why the hell did this got posted under Questions?
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

Default Re: The "I can't stand Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds but f*cking LOVE Grinderman" thread

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds pretty much change their music style with every album .Maybe you should listen to Dig! LARAZUS Dig! If you want a Grinderman sound.The new album is very slow compared to others.Maybe even slower than The Last Boatman Call.
    Last edited by getbetter; 02-10-2013 at 09:19 PM.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Jack White @ Bill .... 08/22/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Default Re: The "I can't stand Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds but f*cking LOVE Grinderman" thread

I agree that the new album may be more subdued than The Boatman's Call, but overall I think there is more going on in each song than any song on Boatman's Call, which has little variety in terms of music.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

GB, don't try to reason with these people. When they don't get it, they just don't get it. Dig?

this is like hating thom yorke but loving radiohead.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

Like Zach said though, check out Dig, Lazurus, Dig!!!, or even their first two albums: From Her to Eternity and The First Born Is Dead, which are also pretty abrasive compared to their later works.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

I like em both, but I think I like Grinderman better. No. That's not right.. Nothing compares to my favorite NCATBS songs. But I'm really digging GM a lot lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds pretty much change their much style with every album .Maybe you should listen to Dig! LARAZUS Dig! If you want a Grinderman sound.The new album is very slow compared to others.Maybe even slower than The Last Boatman Call.
    I'm going to check out Dig
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

I'm in. Grindermania!

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

ya...caveGrinder is no good. i will keep my ears far from this trash
    No Shirt
    No Shoes
    No Dice

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

you fail at analogies. The OPs statement was I hate [more popular band] but love [less popular band also fronted by the same person].

e.g. I can't stand Radiohead but love Atoms for Peace, I can't stand The Foo Fighters but love [every other shit David Grohl side project], etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

holy shit asswipes that's what i fucking meant. thom yorke/afp whatever the fuck you wanna call it. atoms for peace's set in 2010 was basically THOM YORKE'S ERASER. and was originally billed as THOM YORKE. jesus.
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

seriously you guys are ridiculous. OMG HE DOESN'T HAVE THE MOST CURRENT NAME! FAIL!

This is like hating the Beatles but loving Wings.

Well I just thought I'd throw that out there.

You know, for a laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

get ready to be crucified by the band police

holy shit asswipes that's what i fucking meant. thom yorke/afp whatever the fuck you wanna call it. atoms for peace's set in 2010 was basically THOM YORKE'S ERASER. and was originally billed as THOM YORKE. jesus.
    I thought it was billed Thom Yorke???
    Translation

Last.fm

ugh

old school

Can't wait with having to deal with low IQ RHCP fans staking out/pushing towards a good spot on the main stage.

I bet he closes the outdoor.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

I agree. Vampy Weekend makes more sense in the Main Stage slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    I agree. Vampy Weekend makes more sense in the Main Stage slot.
    dare to dream. Dreading the brodeo of RHCP.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

Ugh i can only hope for the Outdoor stage with a chance of a longer set time
    Translation

Last.fm

I am confident they will put them on the Outdoor (see: PJ Harvey 2011). However, keep in mind, GOLDENVOICE, I will cut someone that utters anything besides something like "this is a amazing" or "this is the greatest show I've ever seen" while watching this show. A little extra incentive to put them on The Outdoor.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Guys, with a very few notable exceptions who are all EDM artists, when has the #2 billed act ever not played directly before the headliner on the main? Never. That is when. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds will be on the main right before RHCP. Stop being silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Mesa, Az, Amsterdam and Antwerp when I can!

I didn't know much about him until his name came up here. I can't say I'm impressed. The couple of songs I've heard since then reminds me of an average high school band. One act I will not waste my valuable Coachella time on.
    99, 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11,12,13, 14
    Dancing In The Desert and Loving Every Minute of Coachella!

Check out my Coachella pictures at Flickr.com under AJVaughn.com. Other art work there also!
    There are 3 Coachella sets on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanjvaughn/sets

whats some more exciting cave music . Grinderman seems awesome , the bad seeds song are so slow usually. I'm very ignorant of Cave however please direct me to the action.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Guys, with a very few notable exceptions who are all EDM artists, when has the #2 billed act ever not played directly before the headliner on the main? Never. That is when. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds will be on the main right before RHCP. Stop being silly.
    Gorillaz and Atoms for Peace

The the hell hates the Bad Seeds?! Boatman's Call is an unimpeachable record.
    Just Say No to eurotrash nonsense. Rock n' roll will set you free.

seriously you guys are ridiculous. OMG HE DOESN'T HAVE THE MOST CURRENT NAME! FAIL!
    wow 3 posts of butthurt. im sorry your spirit is so fragile
    DRUGS ON KIDS