Thread: Camelbacks

Lurker

Default Camelbacks

I noticed that we are allowed to bring in empty camelbacks this year according to the Coachella website. However, in the little booklet that came with the wristbands it says that camelbacks are not allowed? I'm gonna assume that the website over rules the booklet, but I just wanted to get a clear answer.

Default Re: Camelbacks

Reality is sometimes it's up to the security guard you get. They don't all play by the same set of rules and there are always stories of inconsistencies between them. You generally should be fine though.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

Last year it I followed some advice from another thread dealing with camelbacks and it worked perfectly. Just roll up the empty tubing a throw a few small items in on top of it like its a backpack. If they search you hard enough to find it just make up some medical issue about needing to keep hydrated. If it's hot out and you're holding up the line very few of the security guards care about their jobs enough to hassle you beyond a quick look in your bag for drugs/weapons. I'm sure there are horror stories but in my experience security has been pretty chill at Coachella (just painfully slow).

Bringing one for the first time this year. You could pull up the FAQ page on your phone if they give you a hard time. Most likely there won't be problem.
    06', 07', 08', 09', 10', 11', 12', 13'

Quote Originally Posted by AgainstFeist View Post
    Bringing one for the first time this year. You could pull up the FAQ page on your phone if they give you a hard time. Most likely there won't be problem.
    this, its on the website as allowed hard to argue. but would be nice if someone wasn't as lazy as me to confirm : /