Thread: Will I be able/allowed to sell a Coachella ticket outside the venue?

Default Will I be able/allowed to sell a Coachella ticket outside the venue?

Hi there,

First time Coachella attendee here, travelling from Cape Town South Africa. After initially buying early bird tickets, we then decided to upgrade to a hotel package, thinking it would be rather simple to sell the old ones. It wasn't.

How easy would it be to sell Coachella tickets on Friday, outside the entry gates? Is this allowed/legal? Is this common practice? We're not trying to make a profit, we'd just like to recoup our costs.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
    Lance

Default Re: Will I be able/allowed to sell a Coachella ticket outside the venue?

If security spots you trying to sell the ticket outside the festival they'll confiscate both the one you're selling and the one you're wearing.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

Default Re: Will I be able/allowed to sell a Coachella ticket outside the venue?

It would be hard, people don't really stand by the gates anymore trying to buy tickets like they used to. Try the Palm Springs Craigslist when you get in town. You're probably gonna have to sell them for under face value. Does everyone in South Africa really love Rodriguez?
    Formerly Riggins33
    Formerly Profchaos

Coachella 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 w2 2013 w1

Quote Originally Posted by Goatmeat69 View Post
    Does everyone in South Africa really love Rodriguez?
    Cool, thanks for the advice. And yeah, we really do all love him. Grew up with his music. He was kind of our Dylan. Rodriquez > Dylan.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceFox View Post
    Cool, thanks for the advice. And yeah, we really do all love him. Grew up with his music. He was kind of our Dylan. Rodriquez > Dylan.
    I hope Die Antwoord make a surprise appearance at his set
    DRUGS ON KIDS

Quote Originally Posted by LanceFox View Post
    If you really want to get rid of it, you'll probably have to sell it below face... I have a few friends hoping to score some last minute below face passes. If you're still selling them, PM me!
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    a cunt punt is always the best solution to cure someone of their bitchassness
    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Gay is the answer to everything.

Sit outside ralphs on Thursday and I bet you could sell them

I'm completely serious though. If you try to sell it within sight of security they will confiscate both.

I was merely handing my friend his and they tried to hassle me about it.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

Problem is that you need a ticket to get anywhere close to the venue, so your potential market is people with tickets buying extra tickets or tickets (or thickets) for their friends.

There are no tickets.

Lurker

Try selling them on Craigslist when you get into town I'm sure you'll be able to sell them. I wouldn't try at the venue since you have to (or suppose to) have your bracelets before you arrive. They have a bunch of check points.