Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Soberchella 2013

Default Re: Soberchella 2013

Perhaps. I drink and do drugs at grocery stores though. That's just me.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

How else you gonna score pseudo? Amiright?
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

When I was drinking and getting high I scored drugs at shows a few times, but I stole robo and alcohol from grocery stores hundreds of times...WAIT: stop right there. I used to fucking ROBOTRIP at Coachella. That is so much more pathetic than attending an AA meeting at a music festival.

/debate
    1 Coachella before I got sober, 7 since. I support both versions. If you wanna do the sober version, roll with us:
    Click Soberchella 2013 for meeting details
    -------------------------------

ATTN: Attendees, our first meeting will be held friday 6:00pm at the Beer Garden.

You can do better than that can't you.^^^^

In case anyone may have clicked onto page 3 of this fine thread it's actually about having 12 step meetings at Coachella. We do it every year cause we like it. First post in the thread lays it all out.

Or

tl;dr

http://SOBERCHELLA.com
    Last edited by koryp; 04-02-2013 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by koryp View Post
    How else you gonna score pseudo? Amiright?
    Kory has the best comic timing
    1 Coachella before I got sober, 7 since. I support both versions. If you wanna do the sober version, roll with us:

Quote Originally Posted by I SNORT COCAINE View Post
    ATTN: Attendees, our first meeting will be held friday 6:00pm at the Beer Garden.
    Lol I like this guy, great name too.

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Lol I like this guy, great name too.
    My best friend has been saying shit like this to me for years now. It never gets old...or funny

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Perhaps. I drink and do drugs at grocery stores though. That's just me.
    I sure as fuck used to. I also used to zip around on them little carts with the basket in front of them

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Cool beans!

I just realized in 3 days it will be 25 years since that Valentine's Day. Sheesh - I'm getting old. I hope Ron cr*** never ever leaves this board.
    Haha GPS luv ya ..... I say do what you want, I do and have done my share. I plan on not drinking this year at the fest. It's 50 some dayz since I stopped so by then I should be even more wacky. I can't join your group because I will be smoking and if it works out tripping, so clean and sober, no. Not drinking: Yes, so I remember the fest. Yep ... cr****

Do what you want or do nothing. That is your choice, good luck, and good going ...

Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Ron, I wholeheartedly support you doing whatever you can do and enjoy at the festival. Actually, all things considered, I recommend it.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the group soon. Website update will be coming soon and expect the google group discussion to start up in march.

Quote Originally Posted by koryp View Post

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the group soon. Website update will be coming soon and expect the google group discussion to start up in march.
    I should probably do something to the website soon, yeah...

Almost 70 days .... hummm .. Good thing is, well still thinking about what the good thing is haha ......
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Almost 70 days .... hummm .. Good thing is, well still thinking about what the good thing is haha ......
    Your inner strength is the good thing. I love drugs and alcohol. That much is true, but I also respect anyone who loves these things and lives without them a great deal. You're an inspiration to my darker times! I do have a sweet tooth for darker times though ;P The good thing is that you took control of this aspect of your life. Now you're free to take control on your next life project without having to worry about the next hit while you're doing it. That's a special thing

That makes it sound like we are doing something noble.
    AA: rewarding people for not being sociopaths since 1939.

Without sociopaths, you'd all be left with nothing to bump to. Nothing to read. Nothing to do. It's the crazies who pen the stories and invision the future. You guys jumped the gun on settling. Good for you =) It goes both ways lol

I should have clarified: a certain *type* of sociopathology
    There are plenty of us who are plenty, um...action packed.

Just a little bump to keep this visible. The website is updated and the google group is active. Anyone wanting info, follow the link...SOBERCHELLA.com

The group is growing, see you all soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    If it's that bad, maybe you don't attend? I don't know, I just don't understand it personally. My dad's been sober for over 20 years thanks to AA though, so respect for handling your shit. But if you don't want to drink then just don't drink.
    Here's the thing dude, if you "Don't understand it" (personally or otherwise) then you don't make snide, plainly ignorant comments like "if you don't want to drink then just don't drink".

The entire point of meetings is for addicts to achieve the "just don't drink" part, you fucking noid.

I'm not an addict, but several family members are. Very cool thing you're doing here, Soberchellans.
    Just Say No to eurotrash nonsense. Rock n' roll will set you free.

Yeah for people who are actual addicts there is no "if you don't want to drink then just don't drink." People who abuse alcohol without being actually addicted to it might pull that off, although depending on how severe the abuse is it can be dangerous to do so since alcohol withdrawals are no joke and can actually kill you. But for people who are actually alcoholics, meaning they have genetic alcoholism and have managed to get addicted to alcohol, stopping on their own almost never works, they need that support group. People who aren't addicts often think it's as easy as just stopping because for them, it is, and they assume that's true of everyone else as well, but it isn't.

Define an addict.

Alcohol ever day in mass quantities for five years, genetic?

Cocaine every day for a year and a half?

Cocaine once, and you're fucked. If you need a support group, that's okay for you, but not every addict needs a support group. Some of us have decided that there is more to life than crushing up lines, and we don't need coffee stained cigarette addicts preaching jesus to help us. Just saying... I've known the AA/NA society, and it's just as unhealthy as the lifestyle you're trying to escape. Cover it all up with Jesus and coffee, but what are you going to do when your sponsor and all your groupies aren't there to stop you?

That's where taking control of your own life comes in handy. You are your own safety. I've never tried heroin, or smoked meth, so I can't really talk about that, but I do know it's quite possible to live drug free without a support group. Rehab is not only for quitters, but for weaklings as well. I was raised to believe that each person has the strength to accomplish anything they put their mind to, and I've seen it in action. I wish all of you the best of luck with your sobriety! I still drink my little drink like the asshole I am, but I support the strong ones who're beyond it. I plan on losing the taste some day, and reserving alcohol for truly special occasions, but today will not be the day. This very well may be my last un-Soberchella. The good times just aren't as good as they used to be =P

I'm calling bullshit on this group *gasp*

If your group was simply about addicts supporting each other, you wouldn't need the NA/AA or 12 steps tag - It'd simply be a group of sober people keeping each other sober. I understand addicts need this sort of thing, and respect it, but adding in the 12 step/NA/AA stuff just means you're trying to indoctrinate more people into your way of thinking, all under the guise of "need to stay sober? It's either us or you're on your own."

what way of thinking?

and zaf, aa doesn't say its the only way. In fact one of the main concepts says.... if you think you can do it on your own go out and try, no one is stopping anyone or forcing anyone to do anything. AA is for those that want to be there and that's it there is plenty of alternative help out there for those that need it and if you don't need it then whats all the complaining?
    09-10-11-12-13-14

Quote Originally Posted by Blaker View Post
    ...you will usually hear House music at a HOUSE (thus the name), Drum and Bass can be played anywhere and requires both a DRUM and a BASS in the song to be apart of the DnB genre, where EDM music stands for European Digital Music and really doesn't need an explanation because everyone knows what that sounds like.
    "No, No, you're not thinking - You're just being Logical" - Neils Bohr

Believe what you want. People have options, even at Coachella.

Quote Originally Posted by fredbull View Post
    what way of thinking?

and zaf, aa doesn't say its the only way. In fact one of the main concepts says.... if you think you can do it on your own go out and try, no one is stopping anyone or forcing anyone to do anything. AA is for those that want to be there and that's it there is plenty of alternative help out there for those that need it and if you don't need it then whats all the complaining?
    Because AA is still TAKING ADVANTAGE of addicts for financial gain.

and cover it all up jesus?? jajajaja you obviously have no knowledge of aa to begin with
    09-10-11-12-13-14

...you will usually hear House music at a HOUSE (thus the name), Drum and Bass can be played anywhere and requires both a DRUM and a BASS in the song to be apart of the DnB genre, where EDM music stands for European Digital Music and really doesn't need an explanation because everyone knows what that sounds like.

what financial gain?? aa is free......
    09-10-11-12-13-14

Kory P: CULT LEADER
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    That makes it sound like we are doing something noble.
    AA: rewarding people for not being sociopaths since 1939.
    lulz! I love you, Joseph.
    Oh look it stopped snowing...