Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: GIRLS ON HBO appreciation/ discussion thread

Default Re: GIRLS ON HBO appreciation/ discussion thread

I just hope that Hannah is over the OCD/crazy thing by the time next season starts. It's annoying to watch and has really lowered my opinion of Dunham's acting abilities.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

it was a bit cheesy, but the episode made me wish someone would run over and hold me when i'm going crazy. shit, i can't even get a guy to bring me food when i'm physically disabled.

wonder if charlie will go broke trying to support Marnie next season and leave him. also glad shoshanna broke up with ray. i like him, but she couldn't be her lively self with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gazercmh View Post
    I just hope that Hannah is over the OCD/crazy thing by the time next season starts. It's annoying to watch and has really lowered my opinion of Dunham's acting abilities.
    Um, please explain how this lowered your opinion of her acting. You fucking asshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    it was a bit cheesy, but the episode made me wish someone would run over and hold me when i'm going crazy. shit, i can't even get a guy to bring me food when i'm physically disabled.

wonder if charlie will go broke trying to support Marnie next season and leave him. also glad shoshanna broke up with ray. i like him, but she couldn't be her lively self with him.
    I'm a bit of a fan of cheesy. That scene with Adam made me tear up and cheer. Shoshana is better off for now. Let's see if Ray reconsiders some of his actions. It bothered me that Marnie had to say she didn't love Charlie for his money. Charlie hit on her at Hannah's party and she was like "I'm seeing someone". If she really loved him Booth would have been history right then.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

I thought it was great when Ray walked into his boss' place and said he needed a change in his life, but then I wanted to smack him for taking his exact current job at another location. Shosh is better off without him, but hopefully he can get his shit together.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) • 10/3-5 Austin City Limits •

well he didn't have many other options. who was gonna pay for a PHD? what else would he do at this moment?

Ray's boss gave the impression he was unwell and wanted to groom Ray to take things over. That's a bit of an upward step.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

I get that the PHD was a little pie in the sky, but couldn't there be a happy medium somewhere in the middle?

I guess Ray's boss did imply that he wasn't going to be around much longer, but I took it to be a bit of a ploy to get him to stick around rather than an actual offer to take over the business. didn't he even mumble something under his breathe as Ray walked away?
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Damn I erased it. Woukd like to re-watch to see if I could catch that.

OK, I just rewatched that scene. what I thought was Ray's boss mumbling something under his breath was actually Ray saying an imaginary title to himself while walking away. he did roll his eyes as he walked away which is what gave me the impression he was at least thinking something along the lines of "check out this chump".
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Except that starting a new store isn't really the same thing as just being a manager of an existing store. I don't see why there's anything particularly wrong with running a small business.

I don't really see the Ray and Shoshanna thing as being either of their faults. They had no real business dating. A 33 year old whose more accustomed to the bleakness and compromises that come with age and a 21 year old like Shoshanna would never survive as a couple. The demise was inevitable, it was just a question of when. I don't really see Shoshanna as being some incredible joy to "get" as a girlfriend. There is no amount of money or quality of sex in the world that would get me to date a 21 year old again.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

of course there's nothing wrong with starting or running a small business/new store but he wasn't going to be doing anything more than being "manager Ray" based on the title discussion. it seemed to be more of a token promotion to me.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

He wanted Ray to build the store from the ground up. Being just a day manager and being the general manager for an entire store--not just a chain store--is a pretty decent fucking gig. It's respectable, it's responsible, and it's real work. Sure as fuck a lot better than going to some goddamn school.

I was more disappointed in him for appearing spineless more so than him giving up on school. either way, it worked out to be a good decision for him. He was only trying to change himself in order to please Shoshana, so since they aren't a thing anymore it's a definite step in the right direction for him.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Am I the only one who was under the impression that the demise of Ray and Shosh's relationship had a lot to do with her lingering guilt about hooking up with that door guy? In every scene since she admitted to Ray at that party that she "held his hand", Shosh had a really guilt-stricken look on her face. And even in that breakup conversation, she seemed on the brink of coming clean to him, but then inadvertently broke up with him when she chickened out.
    12/22 - Beachwood Sparks, et al - Echoplex
    12/30 - Together Pangea - Echo
    1/10 - Flesh Eaters - Echoplex (?)
    1/20 - Guster - HOB Anaheim (?)
    1/29 - Patti Smith - Ace (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Um... I mean that's not too far off but I think it's less a causality from her cheating on him to her needing to break up with him over guilt than it is she cheated on him because she was beginning to realize she didn't like him that much anymore. Symptom, not cause.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Um... I mean that's not too far off but I think it's less a causality from her cheating on him to her needing to break up with him over guilt than it is she cheated on him because she was beginning to realize she didn't like him that much anymore. Symptom, not cause.
    Yup. Her doorman hookup was a result of her unfulfillment with Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Well said, makes sense.
    12/22 - Beachwood Sparks, et al - Echoplex
    12/30 - Together Pangea - Echo
    1/10 - Flesh Eaters - Echoplex (?)
    1/20 - Guster - HOB Anaheim (?)
    1/29 - Patti Smith - Ace (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Even when they professed their love to each other, it was out of frustration over Ray being a loser (his words).
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

Adam is the weirdest most awesome romantic ever. Sosh is shady, she cheated on him and then blames his highly-critical-personality for the fall of their relationship. My boyfriend made a good point that I agree with, he said " the worst part is most girls who watch the show will probably justify shoshannas cheating on ray as an understandable mistake cause she wasn't feeling it and think Ray deserved it cause he is a hater" I also think that ray was speaking wise words that Shosh needs to change, she does she needs to grow up. ( and be single to learn more experiences)

I really enjoyed that episode.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

This episode made me cry like a girl. I am so glad my roommate worked late and didn't have to witness my blubbering. Adam is now even higher on my crush list, and I kind of want to punch Hannah's parents in the face.

Adam is super hot! "get on all 4s, and crawl to my room". I died! I need more obscure perversion in my life.
    Weedeater/Black Cobra 1/17 @ Thee Parkside | Justin Timberlake @ SAP Center 1/19 | Scott H. Biram @ Rickshaw Stop 3/11 (?) |DEATH @ The Chapel 3/23 | Gary Numan @ the Fillmore 4/6 | Coachella Weekend 1 | Franz Ferdinand 4/28

Agreed, although I get a little weirded out by his continual "do you like my cock" question. Especially when she very obviously wasn't enjoying the cock at the moment (although, I don't know that she ever will truly enjoy a cock). This show has had some of the more awkward consentual sex scenes I have ever seen on a television show.

Definetly! And this is HBO, I want to see said Cock.

I like his kind of Non PC Sexcapades though. It would turn me on completely if my boyfriend was like "would you fuck the 5 year old me?"(after looking at baby pics) or "Take your clothes off and lay on your stomach" Or "crawl to my bedroom" Oh my god! Scandolous!
    Weedeater/Black Cobra 1/17 @ Thee Parkside | Justin Timberlake @ SAP Center 1/19 | Scott H. Biram @ Rickshaw Stop 3/11 (?) |DEATH @ The Chapel 3/23 | Gary Numan @ the Fillmore 4/6 | Coachella Weekend 1 | Franz Ferdinand 4/28

But then again, I am a sick degenerate...

I have never googled photos of an actors cock, but now you have me considering it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

I really need this show to come back and it's barely been over a week since the finale.
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014

i'm all for it too, SB. though i did like the onion article:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/nex...m-shitt,31661/

Yeah, I am a little bummed about it being over for the season as well. I live with two male roommates, this was a nice weekly dose of girly shit that kept me somewhat sane.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by sbconnection View Post
    Adam is super hot! "get on all 4s, and crawl to my room". I died! I need more obscure perversion in my life.
    Oh god yeah. That was the hottest part of the scene. Then it just became a awkward and awful. If only she had just played along...