Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: GIRLS ON HBO appreciation/ discussion thread

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Default Re: GIRLS ON HBO appreciation/ discussion thread

Oh my god you're a fucking idiot. The episode wasn't a metaphor for Hannah evolving as a person or whatever the fuck your idiotic interpretation was. Why don't you recap your pathetic excuse for analysis was again, you soulless, uncreative bag of shit who wouldn't know the first fucking thing about why intelligent people do anything they do?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

wow thanks! i'll try to check this out before they get pulled

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    You stated earlier in this thread that you thought it was about Hanna wanting to sleep with an older guy and that it was just a pretty story, which is a clear indicator you didn't get it AT ALL.
    Do I really have to come in here and do a lecture on Louise Rosenblatt, the transactional theory, and interpretive variance? Don't make me do that. It won't be pleasant for anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Hey rubber toe, it's a message board not a English essay. NERD

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Oh my god you're a fucking idiot. The episode wasn't a metaphor for Hannah evolving as a person or whatever the fuck your idiotic interpretation was. Why don't you recap your pathetic excuse for analysis was again, you soulless, uncreative bag of shit who wouldn't know the first fucking thing about why intelligent people do anything they do?
    There you go again resorting to insults to try and mask the fact that you have no legitimate argument. I don't need to recap what I wrote because I know what I wrote and so do you. You are wasting your time Randy. Surely there is a some other thread where you can be kept busy harassing other posters. But wait.. That's every thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Actually I don't know what you wrote because it didn't make any sense. Here's what actually happened, you brick wall:

The episode opens with the thing about "sexit." Hannah, who has been arranging her whole life around the idea that she's a fiercely original and brilliant writer and therefore all of her actions are justified, is confident that she has yet again struck gold with her imagination. Unfortunately, as Ray points out to her she's not that original, or at least not the way she thinks she is. In walks the sexy stranger whose life she's been fucking up by putting her garbage in his cans. Ray--the voice of cold reality like all of the people who urge her to grow up, take on real responsibility and stop living in the clouds--doles out a similarly cold treatment to this poor (conveniently handsome) fellow and she sees an opportunity to (a) pursue someone she'd like to sleep with and (b) to continue the story.

She'd already built up in her head this little part of a story she'd write about her addiction to putting trash in other people's cans. When she delivers the speech to him it's almost rehearsed (although she's rushing through it uncomfortably). This confrontation, her confession to her acts is so adorably phrased. Practiced. She's good at confessing to her faults because that's basically all her writing is, a neurotic and self-absorbed regurgitation of the dark secrets that she's been partially fabricating for years to give herself more things to confess. There's no end to the circle.

She doesn't fuck him just because she's a slave to her loins, but it doesn't hurt. Then while she's there, she looks around at this guy who has such a pleasant, comfortable life. He's easy on the eyes, he's not convoluted or weird or cruel to her. He lives in such a lovely house full of plush surroundings. Hannah has been dwelling in the dramatic and the desperate for so long--never knowing how she's going to make ends meet, constant turmoil as she drives away one roommate after another, one boyfriend after another... now she's getting a peek into what life could be like for her if she wasn't so consumed with her art. It looks enticing.

She has her break down at the end because she hopes that confessing (yet again, confession is the only way she knows how to communicate) all of this to him might draw some sympathy. Except that he lives in the real world. He's a grown man in a nice house, and to him that kind of babbling bullshit is exactly what it is--the fanciful notions of a young woman who has a head full of shit. She sees the pained expression he gets from her routine and realizes that she has no place in a normal life yet. She has trained herself to be this bizarre creature who engineers her life around what will make for the best story, and she plays with the lives of other people--REAL lives--indiscriminately in the pursuit of her story.

THAT'S WHAT THE FUCKING EPISODE IS ABOUT YOU CUNT
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

And even with your long rant you still fail to get it. I wouldn't expect you to understand it from a female perspective. So, when she says she wants "all the things"? Its not the "stuff" he has that she's longing for. His nice house and nice things only represent what's lacking. It's stability and trust and being with someone who truly loves her and understands her and gives her heart security and won't mistreat her and use her. She's allowed herself to be humiliated and tolerant in relationships but isn't settled or satisfied because she wants more on a deeper level. She isn't just looking for someone or something to write about to foster her art as you suggest. Yes Joshua has the material stability she finds appealing. But she wants something real. And she's also immature and selfish and doesn't know how to change that just yet. Being with someone older and someone financially secure magnifies that immaturity. But she can also see that Joshua, with all this "stuff" is no more emotionally stable or mature than she is. So you kind of missed it. And still, you end your rant with an unnecessary insult. So predictable.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

This is why there are practically no good female writers, because most of them think like you.

Swing on by the GIRLS thread, where ThatGirl interprets Lena Dunham but fails to realize that Lena Dunham isn't Carrie Bradshaw.

Swing on by the GIRLS thread, where ThatGirl interprets Lena Dunham but fails to realize that Lena Dunham isn't Carrie Bradshaw.
    This Girls on HBO thread - where RSW thinks Carrie Bradshaw is a real person.

Sorry I don't bother to learn the real names of insanely shitty authors. I'm sure you have a whole shelf dedicated to Candace whatever-the-fuck in your wing of Terrible Literature Meant To Be Interpreted In The Most Obvious Way Possible.

Sorry I don't bother to learn the real names of insanely shitty authors. I'm sure you have a whole shelf dedicated to Candace whatever-the-fuck in your wing of Terrible Literature Meant To Be Interpreted In The Most Obvious Way Possible.
    Did you have to google to find out the author's name? Hahaha

Of course I don't know what that asshole's name is. I resent the fact that I know her pseudonym.

Hannah's upset because she just wants to be loved, oh, how fucking deep. Twat.

Well! I'm looking SO forward to your in-depth analysis of Sunday night's new episode. I'm sure you'll give us all SO much to think about.

Most episodes don't really rate interpretation. When you try to force insight what you end up with is people striving so hard to sound intelligent and failing miserably, like yourself.

If that's true, then what have you been ranting about over the past multiple posts? You are the one that made issue with the interpretation in the first place. So put up or shut up.

I'll put up if the episode actually warrants it. Last week's did, and I already did deliver. I had to, because you're incompetent.

I'll put up if the episode actually warrants it. Last week's did, and I already did deliver. I had to, because you're incompetent.
    The only thing you delivered this week probably came from your night job at Papa John's.

22 billable hours at 125 per. How much did you make this week, guidance counselor?

I don't work part time.

You mean you're not valuable enough to charge enough for your time to be able to survive if you did.

You know what I do. And I know what you do. So if that's what you think then you know less about your industry than I ever imagined.

We're not part of the same industry. You push papers. Just because you're a guidance counselor to people in my industry doesn't mean you're in my industry.

Oh my god. Just shut up both of you. Take it to PMs please.

Go fuck yourself, I'm trying to ruin her thread here.

It's not going to happen. Go elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    you ever get this uneasy feeling that everyone of us on this board is actually in Hell?

^ God I love her. Did you have a chance to watch the season two episodes that were posted? What did you think?
    Last edited by ThatGirl; 02-16-2013 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    wow thanks! i'll try to check this out before they get pulled
    They won't get pulled, just please don't share them all over the place.

Here is season 2 so far:

http://youtu.be/PLCptNKmX90
    http://youtu.be/kUb0m4aQ3wU
    http://youtu.be/txN0ngZ069U
    http://youtu.be/TBpmd8ggwHs

Ep 4 got a copyright claim so I couldn't upload Ep5. I'm fighting it and will upload 5 when it's cleared.

anyone else think that RSW and ThatGirl are going to have a torrid love affair ala Hannah and Adam? wow!!

Quote Originally Posted by mmsk123 View Post
    I uploaded all of the eps for a friend a few months ago. I'll upload this season so far tonight:
    thanks for this! I have a friend that needs to start watching this show and she doesn't have HBO (paging EnLuv12!!)
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar 11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo
    1/23 Dent May at The Echo 1/19/14 Volcano Choir at H.o.B. San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    anyone else think that RSW and ThatGirl are going to have a torrid love affair ala Hannah and Adam? wow!
    I just threw up in my mouth a little.