Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516 LastLast

Thread: GIRLS ON HBO appreciation/ discussion thread

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Default Re: GIRLS ON HBO appreciation/ discussion thread

yeah i agree. i felt like when they were broken up he was mostly in the show in relation to still wanting to be with hannah, but episodes like searching for the dog owner with ray and the boring girlfriend kinda showed him in his own element without hannah so i am sure they will find a way. i wonder if desi will stick around. the actor seems really familiar to me, but i can't place him.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

just caught last week's episode and I was pretty close to tears at the end. I wonder if Hannah caught that the way her cousin treated her is the way that she shits on some of her own relationships.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 9/23 La Roux@Fonda - 9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex

Last night's episode was entertaining. I love that Shosh is trying to get rid of Jessa's drug buddy, maybe for partly selfish reasons but not entirely. She really has changed this season, finally taking a stand on things.

Hannah's drunken episode at the start got to me. Calling Adam to come out and play while she's hammered with her work pals? But she's never been that respectful of Adam's recovery process to start with. And then later in their role play scene to pretend to offer him vodka, even if it was just water in the glass, just demonstrates how out of touch she is with his needs. Now he's seemingly got the confidence to start stepping away. Earlier in the season they alluded to the fact that when Adam wasn't working, all he did was take care of Hannah. Now it seems like he's got some other life purpose and cares a lot less about meeting her needs all the time.
    Last edited by ThatGirl; 03-10-2014 at 03:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

You can't just have part.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

i just want to know why she bothered with panties in that rope outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    Haha the granny panties under the lingerie was the best part.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    Haha the granny panties under the lingerie was the best part.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    The blonde wig was great, but whe she took the skirt off it reminded me of what Marnie said about her in season 2 I think? Some thing about how she puts a great dress on and lipstick but forgets to wash her forehead, so really the granny panties were a classic Hannah move.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

ha true. but it's not even the style of panties, but more the logistic. when you wear lingerie like that and insist on wearing panties, at least put the panties on last. otherwise you have to take the lingerie off to remove the panties. or just move them to the side.

It was hilarious, but my gf also said it was probably because she didn't want to do full frontal. Not that they couldn't find a way around it
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

My favorite line and realization bit was when Adam was explaining that their old sex life was before he "loved her" I thought it was cute that he had changed and was open to the "lovey Dovey" type stuff such as cuddling. It also seemed to me that Hannah cant fully let him get into his part, and be productive in his new venture. IMO, this is a great example of what most people do in relationships and why they don't always work. After the show Lena mentioned something about growing together, another obstacle that is difficult for relationships. I enjoyed this because I went through a similar thing with my boyfriend, him trying to be sober, him being sober, and me not being sober and the challenge of trying to grow together but not grow apart. That's a ramble, sorry.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

OMG. Hannah in that blonde wig. I loved her stilted role play delivery. As for favorite lines, don't think you can beat this one:

"This is where my husband puts me. He worries about me--a lot. So he left some stuff for me so I wouldn't get into trouble. Strawberries, champagne, a dildo which I already destroyed through overuse."

Elijah in Patti LuPone's house is probably the best thing to happen this year so far. Holy shit. That absolutely slayed me.
    8/21 - The Zombies - Santa Monica Pier
    8/22 - Slint - El Rey (?)
    8/23-24 - FYF Fest - Exposition Park
    8/28 - Ty Segall - Echo
    8/31 - Sleep - Troubadour (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Elijah in Patti LuPone's house is probably the best thing to happen this year so far. Holy shit. That absolutely slayed me.
    You look like a Kennedy!
    CHECK OUT HOW ME AND MY BORING FRIENDS EXPERIENCE COACHELLA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FL8IWFxMU

Elijah has been spot on in his last few appearances. Love him. "I will touch a Tony". HA! And finally someone catches Ray and Marnie in the act.

Catching Ray and Marnie made me chuckle, especially when Marnie said " He made me"
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

god marnie deserves to have the shit beat out of her for more than one reason.

ok, so rewatching the newest episode. i am annoyed with adam. i get wanting to focus on work, but why live with someone if you have such an inability to do your own thing when someone else is in the house? i guess he already made it clear that he doesn't want marriage. but still, be a goddamn man and learn to live with someone else.

That's fucking ridiculous. Hannah's pretty much guaranteeing that Patti's prediction becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy by being a psychotic pain in the ass when her boyfriend is actually trying to do something that could be the most important fucking step in his entire life, and he's just supposed to put up with her constant bullshit? This is why women never should have been given the vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

living with someone and being able to focus on work is one thing, but living with Hannah and being able to focus on work is a completely different thing.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater)10/3-5 Austin City Limits

i guess. she is being obnoxious lately. maybe i am remembering wrong, but wasn't he interrupting her work at the beginning of the season and annoying her? i guess we're just supposed to take adam's word that she was being even worse before he started staying at rays than he was behaving earlier in the season. either way, dump her if you can't have a real relationship. don't just have sex and walk out.

This is THE first time Adam is carving out something away from Hannah and she can't stand it, she needs to get a grip. He's still trying to placate her even though he doesn't want to.

and when she was trying to write her book, he wasn't leaving her alone. maybe i need to rewatch, but the only scene i recall where she is interrupting his work is when he is reading that book and she just got out of the shower. how else has she interrupted him trying to work?

He hasn't had a purpose or any focus other than taking care of Hannah until now, this is why it seems selfish of her to be so demanding of him when he needs to work on himself.

i get all that and she's being very insecure, i am just having trouble remembering specific moments where she was interrupting his work. but i was on a lot of pain meds the past few weeks lol.

Seriously? You don't recall the scene where she showed up at rehearsal uninvited, or when she showed up at Ray's, or when she staged an absurd pseudo-sexual fantasy, or when she kept annoying him with stupid shit while he was trying to read? There was maybe one scene when she was "writing her book" and it was brief and he acquiesced without any passive aggressive bullshit. Lena isn't constructing this storyline to make you sympathetic to Hannah.

I have to agree with Ivy- it's bothersome that Adam holds a double standard with Hannah. You'd think he was more progressive. He must know by now that she is obnoxious, but only because she's a strong personality with legitimate talent and wait, wasn't it that very thing that attracted him to her in the first place? Their mutual weirdness and playful demeanor? Isn't that exactly what you want in a journey to creative success with a partner? It bothers me how he gets away with saying "when you work on something this big you'll understand" or whatever.

It seems the story is that he expects her to just wait quietly for him to be successful without her, and she wants to prove Patti wrong by trying everything to be supportive- it's not her fault that he sees her as playtime/plaything. She has been mature in trying to make a home out of their place, in paying for the place, in accepting his family and bringing him into hers, by involving him in her life, by pushing him to take auditions more seriously, and she gets scolded when trying to be part of his. This is immature of Adam, not Hannah- she could be helpful and maybe support him to be a dynamic actor, but he can't see past her as a distraction. (um, story of my life!) It'll be interesting to see if she leaves him or he leaves her over a power trip.

I am SO glad that Marni and Ray got caught- "he made me" oh man I was dying.

Also, he invited her to rehearsal- maybe informally, but he did.

You'd think Adam would be more progressive?

WHAT THE FUCK?

Jesus, some of you need to divorce yourselves from the idea that Hannah is ever supposed to be a relateable character. You idiots are reading exactly into the bullshit narrative that Hannah has concocted in her own mind. This thread's analysis of the show has been almost as unbearable as Hannah herself. How do all of you not realize that every single fucking character in this show is written to be an unbearable piece of shit except for very rare moments when they demonstrate glitters of humanistic reality that even they don't recognize?

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by djbionik View Post
    I have to agree with Ivy- it's bothersome that Adam holds a double standard with Hannah. You'd think he was more progressive. He must know by now that she is obnoxious, but only because she's a strong personality with legitimate talent and wait, wasn't it that very thing that attracted him to her in the first place? Their mutual weirdness and playful demeanor? Isn't that exactly what you want in a journey to creative success with a partner? It bothers me how he gets away with saying "when you work on something this big you'll understand" or whatever.

It seems the story is that he expects her to just wait quietly for him to be successful without her, and she wants to prove Patti wrong by trying everything to be supportive- it's not her fault that he sees her as playtime/plaything. She has been mature in trying to make a home out of their place, in paying for the place, in accepting his family and bringing him into hers, by involving him in her life, by pushing him to take auditions more seriously, and she gets scolded when trying to be part of his. This is immature of Adam, not Hannah- she could be helpful and maybe support him to be a dynamic actor, but he can't see past her as a distraction. (um, story of my life!) It'll be interesting to see if she leaves him or he leaves her over a power trip.

I am SO glad that Marni and Ray got caught- "he made me" oh man I was dying.

Also, he invited her to rehearsal- maybe informally, but he did.
    It amazes me how much your personal "perspective" on this situation is completely fucking divorced from the material itself. Lena did not write this intending it to be an even-sided debate about who was right and who was wrong. The entire fucking season has been about her self-centered bullshit negatively impacting her relationship with Adam.

In other words--you cunts need to put your cunts aside when trying to interpret art for a fucking second.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    You'd think Adam would be more progressive?

WHAT THE FUCK?

Jesus, some of you need to divorce yourselves from the idea that Hannah is ever supposed to be a relateable character. You idiots are reading exactly into the bullshit narrative that Hannah has concocted in her own mind. This thread's analysis of the show has been almost as unbearable as Hannah herself. How do all of you not realize that every single fucking character in this show is written to be an unbearable piece of shit except for very rare moments when they demonstrate glitters of humanistic reality that even they don't recognize?
    Well put. Although oddly when I think about it, it's mostly the women who get the shit treatment in Lena's rendition. Adam, Ray (despite his faults), and Charlie were all portrayed as being more or less goodish people and frequently put in the position of wisdom with regards to their dynamic interacting with their female counterparts. It's a story about young girls who don't know who they are yet and not so young men who are a bit more worldly and the conflicts that arise as a result. Intriguing. Frankly, the show is kind of sexist.

Also, Marnie is the best fucking character. No one gives a fuck if you don't like her or if you feel awkward about how terrible she is, that is the absolute fucking point. She is such a well manicured mess.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival