Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: GIRLS ON HBO appreciation/ discussion thread

Default Re: GIRLS ON HBO appreciation/ discussion thread

Really great episode indeed. Two back-to-back in my opinion. I loved the Adam-Fiona Apple scene followed by the Marnie singing Kanye scene. Fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

Icona Pop was rammed at SXSW tonight, and all the phones came out when they played "I Love It". The power of having your song drive a scene in a TV show.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

fucking loved the use of fiona apple, i almost cried. thank god for medication.

also, i knew the sex between adam and what's her face was gonna be trouble when she was giving all these rules and making such a big deal about it. there's absolutely nothing odd about cumming on someone. he should have sensed she wasn't into it though, that whole scene was awkward for me to watch.

marnie's singing was so odd, but at least she did it i guess. i also don't get why she fucked someone who insulted her, but i guess money makes bitches crazy.

and shoshanna, i don't think she's ok with staying with ray, but i guess they're good for now.

the doctor in the ER with hannah was the best part of the episode for me. "i'd suggest framing it".
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    also, i knew the sex between adam and what's her face was gonna be trouble when she was giving all these rules and making such a big deal about it. there's absolutely nothing odd about cumming on someone. he should have sensed she wasn't into it though, that whole scene was awkward for me to watch.

I just watched this while at the gym on the elliptical and I was so embarrassed, I hope no one saw what I was watching!!!
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

I got the sense that Adam was acting out and trying to dominate Natalia the way he used to do with Hannah in bed.. Hannah used to give him total freedom to express himself and explore his fantasies during sex, and Natalia's "rules" aren't really his style.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

i think was more "look, here's who i am. do you like it or not?"

he's not really into wasting his time with people i sense.

I think a lot of that behavior was initiated from his encounter outside the bar with Hannah more so than "this is who I am". that's what made him go inside and drink and that's probably what made him have that sexual encounter with natalia later that night. it's obvious that he misses hannah and definitely misses the style of relationship he had with her and what's that with natalia now (which likely won't happen).
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater)10/3-5 Austin City Limits

well i agree, but he didn't have to pretend with hannah like he has been with this chick. i think he knew this chick wouldn't be down with his real self like hannah was and wanted to end it right then and there. but maybe that's just me

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    I think a lot of that behavior was initiated from his encounter outside the bar with Hannah more so than "this is who I am". that's what made him go inside and drink and that's probably what made him have that sexual encounter with natalia later that night. it's obvious that he misses hannah and definitely misses the style of relationship he had with her and what's that with natalia now (which likely won't happen).
    Fully agree - I don't think it would have gone down that way had he not bumped into Hannah.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

well duh. my point is that the interaction with hannah made adam realize whatever he had going with this new chick wasn't real. it wasn't what he wanted. he couldn't be himself. so he let his guard down, probably knowing the new chick would reject him so he could get it over with instead of waiting for this other chick to get bored with him like hannah did.

i may be wrong, but this is the sort of self-sabotaging thing i would do after seeing an ex i still cared about.

to put in my two cents... Adam i think would of slowly turned done this on his own and self destructed the relationship but seeing hannah was definatley the catalyst of it happening quicker. When he entered the party and some dude asked him about the game that night I knew this was the end of their relationship because there is no way he could masquerade around as the person he was pretending to be.

Quote Originally Posted by gillster17 View Post
    to put in my two cents... Adam i think would of slowly turned done this on his own and self destructed the relationship but seeing hannah was definatley the catalyst of it happening quicker. When he entered the party and some dude asked him about the game that night I knew this was the end of their relationship because there is no way he could masquerade around as the person he was pretending to be.
    totally agree. that and the girlfriend's friend being cunty. and the whole her drinking and him not thing. i mean, i think that can be done, but hannah wasn't exactly a big drinker and that probably made it easier for adam to go out with her.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    well duh. my point is that the interaction with hannah made adam realize whatever he had going with this new chick wasn't real. it wasn't what he wanted. he couldn't be himself. so he let his guard down, probably knowing the new chick would reject him so he could get it over with instead of waiting for this other chick to get bored with him like hannah did.
    Adam mentioned in one of his meetings that at first he just liked how easy things were with Hanna because even though he was being himself (which he obviously believes is someone no woman would ever want) she kept coming back. Seeing Hanna at the bar caused him to relapse. When he and Natalia got back to his place and she started to critique it he fully went to that place inside himself that he hates but was surprised to realize Hanna found that part of him to be enduring. It was a test that Natalia clearly was not ready for.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tegan & Sara 11/14, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

You guys suck at interpreting human behavior. Adam was killing the new relationship. He wasn't negotiating anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Just got around to watching this ep.
    I'm kind of glad we didn't see Adam get all ridiculously drunk as one would expect from any other show.... but yeah, that was all about Adam sabotaging something that was good for him but ultimately not right for him, triggered by seeing Hannah. You could say it was going that way before Hannah appeared, as he was clearly uncomfortable with that party crowd that was so alien to him. He couldn't even manage small talk with a guy who tried to talk to him about missing the game that night, which I think a lot of us can relate to (at least I can).
    As creepy as this episode was, I love this show and Adam's antics are quite a thing to watch.
    Last edited by CrimesceneCookie; 03-13-2013 at 12:59 PM.

[QUOTE=CrimesceneCookie;2677191]Just got around to watching this ep.
    but yeah, that was all about Adam sabotaging something that was good for him but ultimately not right for him, triggered by seeing Hannah. QUOTE]

That was not good for adam. The blowup would of been much worse then himm cumming on her if he continued along the path with that girl. It was a mirage of a relationship

Quote Originally Posted by gillster17 View Post
    It was a mirage of a relationship
    exactly.

Looks like I found a thread i actually might contribute in. Now ive got fantasy football and girls haha

welcome

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    As creepy as this episode was, I love this show and Adam's antics are quite a thing to watch.
    I'm more impressed with Adam Driver's acting abilities every episode. I remember thinking what a jerk off he was in the early episodes but now he's so endearing. He's my favorite at the moment.

And welcome, gillster17!

"it was a mirage of a relationship" --something jerkoffs say about a character who they saw for three minutes.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    "it was a mirage of a relationship" --something jerkoffs say about a character who they saw for three minutes.
    "Boing flip"

A mirage. You know what else it was? Fiction.

RSL for how much I would love to engage with you and have a discussion of why i am a jerkoff... Im going to have to obstain and continue on with my life. I bid you adieu

Just watched the season finale - what does everyone think?? Adam is my hero, running shirtless through Brooklyn, Jesus!! Shosh is embracing her inner slut for a change. I felt a little bad for Ray but Shosh is right that he is negative about everything. I'm not sure about Marnie and Charlie. She is shallow as shit. I guess we'll see next season. Adam accepts Hannah and her self involved neediness - the same way she accepts what a freak he is in the bedroom. Natalia just can't compete. I enjoyed this episode.

Embracing her inner slut? What the fuck is wrong with you? Holy shit, that's one of the most sexist fucking interpretations of this show I've ever seen. Jesus Christ.

The ending was kinda a cliche but goddammit if it wasn't one of the most heartwarming things I've seen on TV in years. Adorbs. I wish there'd been more laughs than just Hannah but goddamn can Lena ever carry a show.

"Shosh wants to have sex with more than one guy in her life, you go, slut!"

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    The ending was kinda a cliche but goddammit if it wasn't one of the most heartwarming things I've seen on TV in years. Adorbs. I wish there'd been more laughs than just Hannah but goddamn can Lena ever carry a show.

This show needs to be renamed "Adam".
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater)10/3-5 Austin City Limits

Yeah I thought the Adam/Hannah thing was corny but it had me smiling so it worked. Pretty bummed about the whole Shosh/Ray thing, it was inevitable though. I thought it was pretty heartbreaking when she started breaking down and calling him out on his negativity, you could tell she was sincerely upset the relationship wasn't working. I also thought it was super funny when Adam's new girl was setting all the rules again.. (go slower... *thrusts while banging his head in the bedrest aha)

10/25 Beach Goth @ The Observatory
    11/7 Dean Blunt @ Jewel's Catch One

I also loved when Hannah called Jessa and left the rant on her voicemail.. "You're probably wearing a crop top, and just got your vagina pierced... I hope you're having a GREAT TIME!!!