Page 1 of 16 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: GIRLS ON HBO appreciation/ discussion thread

Hybrid View

Default GIRLS ON HBO appreciation/ discussion thread

A thread in which we discuss the TV show GIRLS on HBO. Dish on characters, episodes, the acting, the writing, the odd attractiveness of Adam. General Lena Dunham worship. There may be spoilers in this thread!!
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Default Re: GIRLS ON HBO appreciation/ discussion thread

Love the show. I have to thank ivy for getting me hooked.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before

I watch GIRLS the way I watched Jersey Shore.. with horrified morbid curiosity. It's one of my guilty pleasures.

Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    you ever get this uneasy feeling that everyone of us on this board is actually in Hell?

I loved Shosh in the crack episode.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I loved Shosh in the crack episode.
    Shoshanna is my favorite character

My girlfriend made me watch the crack spirit guide episode. Now I'm hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    They check your age at a rave? That means its not a rave.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kronz420 View Post
    My girlfriend made me watch the crack spirit guide episode. Now I'm hooked
    Season? Ep #? Fictional crack episodes are.generally my favorite television.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Love it
    I started watching it a few days ago and I'm already all caught up!

It's probably my favorite show right now. I can't believe what assholes almost all the main characters are, and so fun to watch at the same time.

Thanks for making this ThatGirl!

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1),12(2),13(1),13(2)
    Upcoming shows
    Neutral Milk Hotel 4/9, The Knife 4/15, The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/Röyksopp 6/29, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    Knifechella 4/11-13&18-20, SDCC 7/24-27, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015

I hope we see Adam in the new episode tonight. And Booth, even though I think his days are numbered.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i had sex with someone last night who said fucking me was what he imagined fucking shoshana to be like.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

S01 E07 = Crack

The Icona Pop song used during the tripping at the club scene had increased sales of over 1000% on itunes after that ep aired.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.

'Girls' Season 2: Things That Don't Make Sense About The First Four Episodes

I didn't quote the article because it contains spoilers, but it points out interesting little inconsistencies in the show.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

the rent thing baffles me as well, but friends having keys to apartments is not strange. my close friends do. but what is weird is that there's no secondary inside-only lock like a deadbolt or one or those chain things.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Hannah doesn't strike me as the type of character that is manic about home security. Her irresponsible approach to most things would lead me to believe she'd forget to lock her door after coming home. The rent thing is weird though. Same as on Friends. They had a gorgeous apartment with top of the line appliances right in central Manhattan and half of them were barely employed. Hey, it's television.

"Well, you do stay over at my house every day...WAIT, did you move in with me?!"

Re tonight's episode - she never should have gone there. She invited that whole scenario. The episode just demonstrated how flawed Hanna is in her judgment. And how manipulative she is. She can seduce someone in a vulnerable spot, and then she bails. Um has anyone noticed that she also hooked up with the crackhead on the main floor two episodes back and it's never been addressed? How is it that these girls and their affairs ever have any fallout??

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Re tonight's episode - she never should have gone there. She invited that whole scenario. The episode just demonstrated how flawed Hanna is in her judgment. And how manipulative she is. She can seduce someone in a vulnerable spot, and then she bails. Um has anyone noticed that she also hooked up with the crackhead on the main floor two episodes back and it's never been addressed? How is it that these girls and their affairs ever have any fallout??
    Holy shit you're an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Holy shit you're an idiot.
    It's a reference to the writing - as if you even watched the episode.

That was probably the best episode of the series so far.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    That was probably the best episode of the series so far.
    I hated this episode. It seemed out of sync with the existing storylines and seemed more a fantasy than something that would actually take place with Hanna's character.

Isn't one of the points of the series is that a lot of people in their 20's are flawed in judgements in general, and still are into their 40's and beyond. For example, the older male character asking a total stranger into your house, and then agreeing to beg her to stay for a few days in your house. Then as a doctor calling in sick for someone you just met. As far seducing him, he agreed with everything, and was seeking comfort just as she was.

I hated this episode. It seemed out of sync with the existing storylines and seemed more a fantasy than something that would actually take place with Hanna's character.
    And, why does it need to seem in sync with the rest of the storylines? I'd rather it take occasional turns then follow a formalistic series format, where you know exactly where it's going to go. And, Hannah's character is to be spontaneous and erractic, hence the episode. Like agreeing to take coke just to write a story online.
    Last edited by buddy; 02-12-2013 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Isn't one of the points of the series is that a lot of people in their 20's are flawed in judgements in general, and still are into their 40's and beyond. For example, the older male character asking a total stranger into your house, and then agreeing to beg her to stay for a few days in your house. Then as a doctor calling in sick for someone you just met. As far seducing him, he agreed with everything, and was seeking comfort just as she was.

And, why does it need to seem in sync with the rest of the storylines? I'd rather it take occasional turns then follow a formalistic series format, where you know exactly where it's going to go. And, Hanna's character is to be spontaneous and erractic, hence the episode. Like agreeing to take coke just to write a story online.
    I didn't find the plot line believable and the progression of their intimacy seemed forced. I may have found it better if it had been played out over a few episodes, instead of all crammed into 1/2 hour. I'm also frustrated that there are so many loose ends that aren't being addressed a natural way, and several seemingly key storylines revolving around other characters ( major and minor ) that are being neglected, and I'm hoping they won't get brushed under the rug.

I didn't find the plot line believable and the progression of their intimacy seemed forced. I may have found it better if it had been played out over a few episodes, instead of all crammed into 1/2 hour. I'm also frustrated that there are so many loose ends that aren't being addressed a natural way, and several seemingly key storylines revolving around other characters ( major and minor ) that are being neglected, and I'm hoping they won't get brushed under the rug.
    Also, two people that were obviously both desperately lonely found comfort in each other. They had a really great time together. What is wrong with that? I don't think it seemed forced. Maybe a little fast, but given certain circumstances I think many people could find themselves in a similar situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

Again, the quickness of the intimacy is not suprising to me of a 24 year old, and the half hour format plays well to that. I really think it's one of the most beautiful scenes of the series when she's lying down on his leg and realizes that she could actually have intimacy like that, on a real level, rather than a relationship that is without that. And, in the end when she does those adult things like bring in the newspaper, and take out the trash, but then walks away because maybe she's not quite ready for that.

Of course I watched the episode. That was by far the sweetest thing she's ever written. She did a remarkably good job of conveying to me what it must feel like to be a 24 year old girl dying to fuck an older guy, which is a storyline that I normally wouldn't give a fuck about, but she did it beautifully.

You're a dumb, dumb fuck.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Of course I watched the episode. That was by far the sweetest thing she's ever written. She did a remarkably good job of conveying to me what it must feel like to be a 24 year old girl dying to fuck an older guy, which is a storyline that I normally wouldn't give a fuck about, but she did it beautifully.

You're a dumb, dumb fuck.
    You really think the episode was about her dying to fuck an older guy? What it was trying to convey was that Hanna is going though a reckless process of self discovery and in doing so, she is starting to believe she is deserving of love. The random plot line and the scenario that got her there is my issue.

... no, I didn't think any of that. How about you just take the pretty short story for what it is, you daft bitch.

... no, I didn't think any of that. How about you just take the pretty short story for what it is, you daft bitch.
    Of course you didn't.