Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coachella Meltdown - Who Will It Be in 2013?

Default Re: Coachella Meltdown - Who Will It Be in 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    Anybody bear witness to the train wreck last year known as Yuck? My friends and I watched that set in awe, waiting for the lead singer to keel over from malnutrition. We even made up a drinking game counting the track marks on his forearm.
    Yeah, I liked there album, but the live performance fell way short. And the one dude did look very unhealthy. One of the most diasappointing performances of 2012. However, the most disappointing performance last year, in my opinion, was Wild Flag. Again, I liked the album, but they really needed to practice before taking the stage. They weren't playing together.

I've only seen one partial meltdown at Coachella, and most won't consider it to be so. 2010 - Echo and the Bunnymen. They were having some sound problems and it really through the preformance. Ian was in a pissy mood the whole set. If he wasn't enjoying performing, it's hard for the audience to enjoy it, as it comes across.
    Even though I look it, I'm not a cop.

Coachella 10, 12.1, 13.1, 14.2
    SXSW 14
    Lalapalooza 94

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by themule View Post
    im confused. you want to put a hit out on Tucson? thats a total bummer for me because I thought you guys were totally in the running for couple of the year, and it was really turning me on... and who the fuck is sonicc??? the award for most confusing (yet sensual) attempt at trolling ever goes to you sir...SHM does suck though, thanks for convincing somebody of that in my name...

stop living immediately!!!! lol
    Totally... Now, was he telling you to die, or was he telling you not to live so quickly? If he had said, "Stop living. Immediately." then I would accept that he was telling you to die. Maybe he was telling you not to be so immediate. Maybe he was telling you to drive slow, homie. Never know homie. Might meet some hos, homie.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    Did you ever think about the fact that I'm friends with some of the people on this forum?

And that I might be seeing who is in Vegas and doing what, and if they want to meet up?

Not all of us are trolls and some people actually post here year round and have made friends from this forum. You should try it some time.

Probably too late though, everyone hates you.
    This post made you look like ten times more a douche than just enjoying your night with your friends at a stupid show would have. It's Vegas, BREH. Aren't you supposed to be doing things that you won't have to remember when you make your way home? Don't shit on the message board over your inability to have a good time in the LV BRAH. Lol... seriously just Lol'd all over your face right now. I ought to take a shower now. Peas.
    Last edited by Zafocaine; 02-15-2013 at 10:40 AM. Reason: I'm a habitual editor, and a constant line stepper. Would you like to know more?

2 chainz when he realizes that he, in fact, did not receive a "big booty hoe" for his birthday.

The Postal Service - Greek Theater - July 27
    Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park - August 9-11

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    Just wash your hands off after. I don't want to be high fiving your stink palm.

Mesa, Az, Amsterdam and Antwerp when I can!

I guess I feel lucky to have missed the emotional groups. The only big problem I've seen was Paul Oakenfold trying to spin on the main stage in the wind and the needle sliding all over the place. But I felt sorry for him!

I predict a fight on stage during Wu Tang Clan. Performer vs Roadie!
    99, 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11,12,13, 14
    Dancing In The Desert and Loving Every Minute of Coachella!

Check out my Coachella pictures at Flickr.com under AJVaughn.com. Other art work there also!
    There are 3 Coachella sets on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanjvaughn/sets

I am hoping Ian Brown will be so out of it he will do something insane like at the Kroq Inland Invasion years ago. Basically 1st of all, he told the whole crowed Morrissey had cancelled before Kroq made the official announcement and upset the crowd and when the set was done, Kroq turned off the audio for Ian Brown and spun the stage for the next band. The new band started playing full volume and Ian Brown came around the side still holding his microphone and stood in front of the new band still singing into his turned off mic. Apparently he had no idea. Totally hilarious and the crowd went nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
    It wasn't necessarily a meltdown, but the lead singer for the Growlers was pretty fucked up during weekend 2 last year. Kept grabbing the wrong mike, then at one time fell off the stage.
    Thats just Brooks. He uses two mics, one with distortion. Saw them three times in 2012 and they got increasingly better. Not a meltdown, they just rage before shows. See them in a small venue sometime. They usually walk around the venue and talk to fans. They're really nice guys, who are there to have a good time and put on a great show.
    Weekend 2

Quote Originally Posted by artisticcreator View Post
    The only big problem I've seen was Paul Oakenfold trying to spin on the main stage in the wind and the needle sliding all over the place. But I felt sorry for him!
    This actually happened during J-5's set in 2002 too. They couldn't do their show after a couple songs because it was too windy. Cut Chemist ended up saving the show by just scratching for 15 minutes. But yeah, any Dj's on the outdoor stages that need to have records playing for any amount of time (as opposed to scratching) could always end up bombing if they don't have a plan for if its really windy. Wu-Tang could fall into this category.
    Last edited by themule; 02-16-2013 at 08:09 AM.

I'm on a tightrope baby, nine miles high.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    I am hoping Ian Brown will be so out of it he will do something insane like at the Kroq Inland Invasion years ago. Basically 1st of all, he told the whole crowed Morrissey had cancelled before Kroq made the official announcement and upset the crowd and when the set was done, Kroq turned off the audio for Ian Brown and spun the stage for the next band. The new band started playing full volume and Ian Brown came around the side still holding his microphone and stood in front of the new band still singing into his turned off mic. Apparently he had no idea. Totally hilarious and the crowd went nuts.
    He's had a couple of incidents at T In The Park over the years, one blaming howling feedback from the monitors causing him to walk off and abuse the crew verbally. He may have been claiming the mic was giving him electric shocks too. I dont think he's quite as volatile these days but any 'AMATUERS AMATUERS' in the crew better beware.
    Dede' Arneaux
    Come a long long, come a long long way

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    The craziest thing about this is why KROQ would book Ian Brown in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Coachella Junkie

Sly Stone in 2010 was a disaster. And it was infinitely more fun to watch than Gorillaz.

In one of the earlier years I remember Ant (the DJ in Atmosphere) get increasingly pissed that the heat was warping his records, to the point where he started throwing them ninja-star style at the audience, and Slug started freaking out saying he was going to hurt someone.

That was probably Mr. Dibbs who is a spazz tweaked fucko
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

2012 - Weekend 1 - Airplane Boys - it was empty and they were pissed. Their music was terrible though.

DIIV is a possibility, last time I saw them they fought onstage and walked off mid-"Doused". Then again, if they're still around they've probably solved whatever issues they were having. Maybe Aesop Rock if enough confused A$AP Rocky fans hit up his set...
    12/6: Japandroids/DIIV
    1/10: Mister Lies/Matthewdavid

old school

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    The craziest thing about this is why KROQ would book Ian Brown in the first place.
    Sep. 18th, 2004, Glen Helen Hyundai Pavilion in Devore, CA.

Morrissey(cancelled)
    Siouxsie and the Banshees
    Devo
    Billy Idol
    Tears for Fears
    Ian Brown of Stone Roses
    Missing Persons
    Flock of Seagulls
    X
    Franz Ferdinand
    The Killers
    Muse
    Death Cab for Cutie
    The Walkmen

so is anybody gonna tell me about pavement 1999?

Quote Originally Posted by igotmyxomatosis View Post
    so is anybody gonna tell me about pavement 1999?
    For real.

From Wikipedia: "Malkmus's attitude continued to deteriorate as the tour wore on, finally coming to a head during their slot at the 1999 Coachella Festival. During the concert, Malkmus refused (or was possibly unable, due to illness) to sing, effectively turning their set into a mostly instrumental one. Nastanovich called a band meeting after the show, and Malkmus finally confided to his bandmates: "I just don't want to do this anymore."

pretty bad:
    Friday - OutKast / The Replacements / The Afghan Whigs / Shlohmo / GOAT / Flatbush Zombies / Glitch Mob / John Spencer / DJ Falcon / The Bots
    Saturday - QOTSA / NAS / CHVRCHES / Temples / Mogwai / Warpaint / DARKSIDE / Ty Segall / Graveyard / Carbon Airways
    Sunday - Beck / Disclosure / Motorhead / Little Dragon / Trombone Shorty / Frank Turner / Bombino / Bad Manners / J. Roddy / Scuba

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience ― Mark Twain

How about in 2009 when Morrissey said he could not continue because he smelled burning flesh? haha That was classic!
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009...lla-meat-fumes

That wasn't a melt down, that was just his bitchy stage banter.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

It's a little more than banter when he actually leaves the stage...

Quote Originally Posted by kellybuck99 View Post
    How about in 2009 when Morrissey said he could not continue because he smelled burning flesh? haha That was classic!
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009...lla-meat-fumes
    2009: The year Morrissey realized he was worthless to Coachella without the Smiths. The year Coachella was given proof that Paul McCartney is, in fact, 100% of the Beatles. The year Coachella paid a corpse with band to headline one night (The Cure, and it was actually a pretty awesome show for having a bunch of zombies on stage). What a year.

Quote Originally Posted by AbundantChoice View Post
    In one of the earlier years I remember Ant (the DJ in Atmosphere) get increasingly pissed that the heat was warping his records, to the point where he started throwing them ninja-star style at the audience, and Slug started freaking out saying he was going to hurt someone.
    haha I remember that (04 i think?)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveChoi View Post
    One thing I do need to get off my chest

Apologies to Freddy Prinze Jr for Cursing him out in 2012 when all that chaos unfolded.. I was a total prick to you and I was wrong

Zafo is the new amyzz congrats on posting a lot with nothing anybody gives shit about

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyMellow View Post
    Zafo is the new amyzz congrats on posting a lot with nothing anybody gives shit about

Zafo is a turd
    I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member...

Zafo you are in fact terrible just like most of the pos on this board. Your self proclaimed Ability to not be bullied does not make you smart, funny, entertaining , or useful . Just because you've also had a labotomy does not mean Amy will even like you

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyMellow View Post
    Zafo you are in fact terrible just like most of the pos on this board. Your self proclaimed Ability to not be bullied does not make you smart, funny, entertaining , or useful . Just because you've also had a labotomy does not mean Amy will even like you
    Judging from your mastery of writing the English language, I'm guessing you're no more than 11 years old. Am I close?
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

i think this thread is having an epic meltdown of its own
    Friday - OutKast / The Replacements / The Afghan Whigs / Shlohmo / GOAT / Flatbush Zombies / Glitch Mob / John Spencer / DJ Falcon / The Bots
    Saturday - QOTSA / NAS / CHVRCHES / Temples / Mogwai / Warpaint / DARKSIDE / Ty Segall / Graveyard / Carbon Airways
    Sunday - Beck / Disclosure / Motorhead / Little Dragon / Trombone Shorty / Frank Turner / Bombino / Bad Manners / J. Roddy / Scuba

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience ― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Sensuality View Post
    Judging from your mastery of writing the English language, I'm guessing you're no more than 11 years old. Am I close?
    Why do you think I just sit here letting them run their fingers? I'll bash you if you're thirty-five, and haven't had pussy outside of the message board user list in the past five years, but I'm not going to bash a twenty-something with an IQ in the seventies. Some things just can't be fixed.