Results 1 to 30 of 30

Thread: Top Ten Artists, Songs, Albums, and Movies

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Posts
    169

    Default Top Ten Artists, Songs, Albums, and Movies

    I thought it would be interesting to post what I think our the 10 greatest artist/bands, 10 greatest songs, 10 greatest albums, and 10 greatest movies of all-time:

    10 Greatest Artists/Bands:


    10.Hieroglyphics
    9. A Tribe Called Quest
    8. Pink Floyd
    7. RJD2
    6. Radiohead
    5. 2 Pac
    4. MF Doom
    3. Coldplay
    2. Wu Tang Clan
    1. Rage against the Machine

    Honorable Mentions: Del the funky Homosapien (who is part of the Hieroglypics), Gza (who is part of Wu Tang), Arcade Fire, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nine Inch Nails, De La Soul, Jimmy Hendrix, Ice Cube, Queens of the Stone Age, The Doors, Smashing Pumpkins



    10 Greatest Songs:


    10.Triumph - Wu Tang Clan
    9. Killing in the Name Of - Rage Against the Machine
    8. Mastermind - Del (Deltron)
    7. Bug Eyes - Dredg
    6. Riders on the Storm - THe Doors
    5. Warning Sign - Coldplay
    4. 93 til Infinity - Souls of Mischief
    3. Bulls on Parade - Rage Against the Machine
    2. Rebellion Lies - Arcade Fire
    1. Silly Puddy - Zion I and The Grouch

    Honorable Mentions: Free Bird - Lynard Skynard, Award Tour - A Tribe Called Quest, Jungle - Andre Nickatina, Incarcerated Scarfaces - Raekwon, Under the Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers, Locc 2 Da Brain - Brotha Lynch Hung, Karma Police - Radiohead, Optimistic - Radiohead, Hurt - NIN, Unexplained - Gravediggaz, What If - Coldplay, Been Around the World - P Diddy, Kiss on a Rose - Seal, Billy Jean - Michael Jackson, Da Funk - Daft Punk, White Wedding - Billy Idol, Life on Mars - David Bowie, Duel of the Iron Mics - Gza, Hells Bells - AC/DC, They Remenisce Over You/ T.R.O.Y. - Pete Rock, I'll Stick Around - Foo Fighters


    The 10 Greatest Albums:

    10.Eric B and Rakim - Paid in Full
    9. Cuban Linx - Raekwon
    8. 36 Chambers - Wu Tang Clan
    7. Mecca and the Soul Brother - Pete Rock and CL Smooth
    6. Evil Emipire - Rage against the Machine
    5. Operation Doomsday - MF Doom
    4. A Rush of Blood to the Head - Coldplay
    3. Midnight Maraduars - A Tribe Called Quest
    2. Liquid Swords - Gza
    1. Rage Against the Machine (self titled) - Rage Against the Machine

    Honorable Mentions: Street Level - Beatnuts, The Sun Rises in the East - Jeru the Damaja, Battle of Los Angeles - Rage Against the Machine, Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd, Yoc Influenced - Woodie, All Eyez on Me - 2Pac, 3 Feet and Rising - De La Soul, Endtroducing - DJ Shadow, Deltron 3030 - Deltron, Are You Experienced? - Jimi Hendrix, OK Computer - Radiohead, Deadringer - RJD2, Funeral - Arcade Fire



    The 10 Greatest Movies:

    10. Pi
    9. The Manchurian Candidate (the original)
    8. Citizen Kane
    7. 8mm
    6. Dawn of the Dead (the original)
    5. Deliverance
    4. The Godfather
    3. The Good Shepherd
    2. Ronin
    1. The Deer Hunter

    Honarable Mentions: Mystic River, Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original), The Village, Hostel, 25th Hour, Saw, The Thing, Face Off, Night of the Living Dead (the original), Wall Street, The Life Aquatic, Vanilla Sky, Marithon Man



    What do you guys think?

  2. #2
    Coachella Junkie bballarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,925

    Default Re: Top Ten Artists, Songs, Albums, and Movies

    Don't be surprised if you get reamed for this thread. Just saying.

  3. #3
    Member Good Days Last's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,330

    Default Re: Top Ten Artists, Songs, Albums, and Movies

    Too much to think about right now.

  4. #4
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,133

    Default Re: Top Ten Artists, Songs, Albums, and Movies

    Quote Originally Posted by tklint24 View Post
    Gza (who is part of Wu Tang)
    Check out the big brain on Brad.

  5. #5
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    28,003

    Default Re: Top Ten Artists, Songs, Albums, and Movies

    Creed for all of the categories. They made music videos, which are movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  6. #6

    Default Re: Top Ten Artists, Songs, Albums, and Movies

    Quote Originally Posted by tklint24 View Post
    I thought it would be interesting to post what I think our the 10 greatest artist/bands, 10 greatest songs, 10 greatest albums, and 10 greatest movies of all-time:

    10 Greatest Artists/Bands:


    10.Hieroglyphics
    9. A Tribe Called Quest
    8. Pink Floyd
    7. RJD2
    6. Radiohead
    5. 2 Pac
    4. MF Doom
    3. Coldplay
    2. Wu Tang Clan
    1. Rage against the Machine

    Honorable Mentions: Del the funky Homosapien (who is part of the Hieroglypics), Gza (who is part of Wu Tang), Arcade Fire, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nine Inch Nails, De La Soul, Jimmy Hendrix, Ice Cube, Queens of the Stone Age, The Doors, Smashing Pumpkins



    10 Greatest Songs:


    10.Triumph - Wu Tang Clan
    9. Killing in the Name Of - Rage Against the Machine
    8. Mastermind - Del (Deltron)
    7. Bug Eyes - Dredg
    6. Riders on the Storm - THe Doors
    5. Warning Sign - Coldplay
    4. 93 til Infinity - Souls of Mischief
    3. Bulls on Parade - Rage Against the Machine
    2. Rebellion Lies - Arcade Fire
    1. Silly Puddy - Zion I and The Grouch

    Honorable Mentions: Free Bird - Lynard Skynard, Award Tour - A Tribe Called Quest, Jungle - Andre Nickatina, Incarcerated Scarfaces - Raekwon, Under the Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers, Locc 2 Da Brain - Brotha Lynch Hung, Karma Police - Radiohead, Optimistic - Radiohead, Hurt - NIN, Unexplained - Gravediggaz, What If - Coldplay, Been Around the World - P Diddy, Kiss on a Rose - Seal, Billy Jean - Michael Jackson, Da Funk - Daft Punk, White Wedding - Billy Idol, Life on Mars - David Bowie, Duel of the Iron Mics - Gza, Hells Bells - AC/DC, They Remenisce Over You/ T.R.O.Y. - Pete Rock, I'll Stick Around - Foo Fighters


    The 10 Greatest Albums:

    10.Eric B and Rakim - Paid in Full
    9. Cuban Linx - Raekwon
    8. 36 Chambers - Wu Tang Clan
    7. Mecca and the Soul Brother - Pete Rock and CL Smooth
    6. Evil Emipire - Rage against the Machine
    5. Operation Doomsday - MF Doom
    4. A Rush of Blood to the Head - Coldplay
    3. Midnight Maraduars - A Tribe Called Quest
    2. Liquid Swords - Gza
    1. Rage Against the Machine (self titled) - Rage Against the Machine

    Honorable Mentions: Street Level - Beatnuts, The Sun Rises in the East - Jeru the Damaja, Battle of Los Angeles - Rage Against the Machine, Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd, Yoc Influenced - Woodie, All Eyez on Me - 2Pac, 3 Feet and Rising - De La Soul, Endtroducing - DJ Shadow, Deltron 3030 - Deltron, Are You Experienced? - Jimi Hendrix, OK Computer - Radiohead, Deadringer - RJD2, Funeral - Arcade Fire



    The 10 Greatest Movies:

    10. Pi
    9. The Manchurian Candidate (the original)
    8. Citizen Kane
    7. 8mm
    6. Dawn of the Dead (the original)
    5. Deliverance
    4. The Godfather
    3. The Good Shepherd
    2. Ronin
    1. The Deer Hunter

    Honarable Mentions: Mystic River, Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original), The Village, Hostel, 25th Hour, Saw, The Thing, Face Off, Night of the Living Dead (the original), Wall Street, The Life Aquatic, Vanilla Sky, Marithon Man



    What do you guys think?

  7. #7
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,133

    Default Re: Top Ten Artists, Songs, Albums, and Movies

    What in the holy fuck is 8mm doing in that list?

  8. #8
    Headwear Fo Ya Backside chrislasf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Los Feliz
    Posts
    829

    Default Re: Top Ten Artists, Songs, Albums, and Movies

    +50 to everyone

































    except tklint24
    I like it. It's not my favorite shit in the world, but it's a smart, funny show.

    P.S. I'm gay

  9. #9
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    28,003

    Default Re: Top Ten Artists, Songs, Albums, and Movies

    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    What in the holy fuck is 8mm doing in that list?
    That is a good question. Maybe he was methed out and it seemed like a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  10. #10
    foof roberto73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stately Wayne Manor
    Posts
    2,987

    Default Re: Top Ten Artists, Songs, Albums, and Movies

    I refuse to tally anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Hey rubber toe, it's a message board not a English essay. NERD

  11. #11
    Beef Supreme Mr.Nipples's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rancho Retardo
    Posts
    7,287

    Default Re: Top Ten Artists, Songs, Albums, and Movies

    hardcore > 8mm

  12. #12
    Member R3d Snapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    494

    Default Re: Top Ten Artists, Songs, Albums, and Movies

    this sucks

  13. #13
    Beef Supreme Mr.Nipples's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rancho Retardo
    Posts
    7,287

    Default Re: Top Ten Artists, Songs, Albums, and Movies

    YOU KNOW WHAT!? YOU SUCK!

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Posts
    169

    Default Re: Top Ten Artists, Songs, Albums, and Movies

    8mm, in my opinion, was a very underrated film and i think its one of the better thiller/mystery movies out there. I guess it may be the most "controversial" out of all the movies i listed.

    Mr. Nipples, you are a good man.

  15. #15
    Member R3d Snapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    494

    Default Re: Top Ten Artists, Songs, Albums, and Movies

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    YOU KNOW WHAT!? YOU SUCK!
    ...

  16. #16
    Member R3d Snapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    494

    Default Re: Top Ten Artists, Songs, Albums, and Movies

    blah

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Posts
    169

    Default Re: Top Ten Artists, Songs, Albums, and Movies

    well, what do you guys think our the top ten artists, songs, albums, and movies? Thats the reason I made this thread, so that people could share their favorites in these categories.

  18. #18
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,764

    Default Re: Top Ten Artists, Songs, Albums, and Movies

    tklint24:

    there have been many threads just like this one in the very recent past here. poke around a bit. you may find something engaging.

    That is all.
    TOm
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  19. #19
    vinylmartyr
    Guest

    Default Re: Top Ten Artists, Songs, Albums, and Movies

    I know one thing for sure. TaintDonovan is the worst alias ever.

  20. #20
    Member All That I Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Parlier, CA
    Posts
    1,503

    Default Re: Top Ten Artists, Songs, Albums, and Movies

    6. Radiohead
    5. 2 Pac
    I miss Bill Hicks.

  21. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    cold white north
    Posts
    2,281

    Default Re: Top Ten Artists, Songs, Albums, and Movies

    i think the Coldplay rating over Radiohead is a more grievous sin
    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

  22. #22

    Default Re: Top Ten Artists, Songs, Albums, and Movies

    i'm so sick of these lists.

  23. #23

    Default Re: Top Ten Artists, Songs, Albums, and Movies

    Quote Originally Posted by vinylmartyr View Post
    I know one thing for sure. TaintDonovan is the worst alias ever.
    thats not nice

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Denvah
    Posts
    8,516

    Default Re: Top Ten Artists, Songs, Albums, and Movies

    t'aint the balls, t'aint the asshole.

  25. #25
    old school
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,901

    Default Re: Top Ten Artists, Songs, Albums, and Movies

    8mm was a brilliant movie...if you think a shit is brilliant.
    I am going to get so blown to Cypress Hill while they play.

  26. #26
    Member CuervoPH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dover, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,196

    Default Re: Top Ten Artists, Songs, Albums, and Movies

    poke around a bit. you may find something engaging.
    that's what SHE said...

  27. #27

    Default Re: Top Ten Artists, Songs, Albums, and Movies

    Quote Originally Posted by bartelby View Post
    i think the Coldplay rating over Radiohead is a more grievous sin
    agreed

  28. #28

    Default Re: Top Ten Artists, Songs, Albums, and Movies

    Quote Originally Posted by tklint24 View Post
    I thought it would be interesting to post what I think our the 10 greatest artist/bands, 10 greatest songs, 10 greatest albums, and 10 greatest movies of all-time:

    10 Greatest Artists/Bands:


    10.Hieroglyphics
    9. A Tribe Called Quest
    8. Pink Floyd
    7. RJD2
    6. Radiohead
    5. 2 Pac
    4. MF Doom
    3. Coldplay
    2. Wu Tang Clan
    1. Rage against the Machine

    Honorable Mentions: Del the funky Homosapien (who is part of the Hieroglypics), Gza (who is part of Wu Tang), Arcade Fire, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nine Inch Nails, De La Soul, Jimmy Hendrix, Ice Cube, Queens of the Stone Age, The Doors, Smashing Pumpkins



    10 Greatest Songs:


    10.Triumph - Wu Tang Clan
    9. Killing in the Name Of - Rage Against the Machine
    8. Mastermind - Del (Deltron)
    7. Bug Eyes - Dredg
    6. Riders on the Storm - THe Doors
    5. Warning Sign - Coldplay
    4. 93 til Infinity - Souls of Mischief
    3. Bulls on Parade - Rage Against the Machine
    2. Rebellion Lies - Arcade Fire
    1. Silly Puddy - Zion I and The Grouch

    Honorable Mentions: Free Bird - Lynard Skynard, Award Tour - A Tribe Called Quest, Jungle - Andre Nickatina, Incarcerated Scarfaces - Raekwon, Under the Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers, Locc 2 Da Brain - Brotha Lynch Hung, Karma Police - Radiohead, Optimistic - Radiohead, Hurt - NIN, Unexplained - Gravediggaz, What If - Coldplay, Been Around the World - P Diddy, Kiss on a Rose - Seal, Billy Jean - Michael Jackson, Da Funk - Daft Punk, White Wedding - Billy Idol, Life on Mars - David Bowie, Duel of the Iron Mics - Gza, Hells Bells - AC/DC, They Remenisce Over You/ T.R.O.Y. - Pete Rock, I'll Stick Around - Foo Fighters


    The 10 Greatest Albums:

    10.Eric B and Rakim - Paid in Full
    9. Cuban Linx - Raekwon
    8. 36 Chambers - Wu Tang Clan
    7. Mecca and the Soul Brother - Pete Rock and CL Smooth
    6. Evil Emipire - Rage against the Machine
    5. Operation Doomsday - MF Doom
    4. A Rush of Blood to the Head - Coldplay
    3. Midnight Maraduars - A Tribe Called Quest
    2. Liquid Swords - Gza
    1. Rage Against the Machine (self titled) - Rage Against the Machine

    Honorable Mentions: Street Level - Beatnuts, The Sun Rises in the East - Jeru the Damaja, Battle of Los Angeles - Rage Against the Machine, Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd, Yoc Influenced - Woodie, All Eyez on Me - 2Pac, 3 Feet and Rising - De La Soul, Endtroducing - DJ Shadow, Deltron 3030 - Deltron, Are You Experienced? - Jimi Hendrix, OK Computer - Radiohead, Deadringer - RJD2, Funeral - Arcade Fire



    The 10 Greatest Movies:

    10. Pi
    9. The Manchurian Candidate (the original)
    8. Citizen Kane
    7. 8mm
    6. Dawn of the Dead (the original)
    5. Deliverance
    4. The Godfather
    3. The Good Shepherd
    2. Ronin
    1. The Deer Hunter

    Honarable Mentions: Mystic River, Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original), The Village, Hostel, 25th Hour, Saw, The Thing, Face Off, Night of the Living Dead (the original), Wall Street, The Life Aquatic, Vanilla Sky, Marithon Man



    What do you guys think?
    ok, i could be wrong here, but putting coldplay not only #3 on the all time greatest bands list, and putting them before radiohead, makes you the holder of arguably the worst post ever, on this message board. i know its "your opinion" but making this post on a coachella message board, what did u expect?

  29. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Posts
    169

    Default Re: Top Ten Artists, Songs, Albums, and Movies

    Coldplay was at Coachella a couple of years back. Radiohead is incredible, don't get me wrong, but i think Coldplay is better.

  30. #30

    Default Re: Top Ten Artists, Songs, Albums, and Movies

    Quote Originally Posted by CuervoPH View Post
    that's what SHE said...
    hahahhahhaha that works so well

Similar Threads

  1. do you work in movies/tv?
    By chairmenmeow47 in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-19-2008, 07:33 PM
  2. Catchiest songs ever?
    By Boourns in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: 12-27-2007, 12:27 PM
  3. Top Ten Artists, Songs, Albums, and Movies
    By tklint24 in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-05-2007, 05:22 AM
  4. Top 5 movies of all time
    By betao in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 03-25-2007, 08:23 PM
  5. Post clips from movies you love
    By SojuGorae in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-20-2007, 12:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •