Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flags....

Default Re: Flags....

Quote Originally Posted by gswhooper View Post
    LOL. His attitude is the only thing that he does not share with Balotelli. He was OK being left off of the French team for their game the other day.

I don't see why people are making that comparison. Is it that his hair is a little too flashy for y'all?
    He's impatient and arrogant and seems easily led by his agent. There will come a time when he sees his talents at a place like Barca or Madrid and demand a transfer. It might not be for a while but it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    Why even bring it? It's not like the band will see it and if you do hold it up it fucks with people. I get that you don't want to hold it up, so WHY? it is like your security blanket for concerts?
    If I get close enough, and I plan to, they will see it. It's a big red, white, and black flag. It will be impossible to miss from the stage. Why do you care so much?

Why would you block every body's view?

Quote Originally Posted by badabingbilly View Post
    Why would you block every body's view?
    I see what you did there Scouseface.

Mesa, Az, Amsterdam and Antwerp when I can!

Hold it up but don't stand in the crowd. Stand over by the fence next to the stage or hold it up against the tent where no one is behind you.

I wouldn't bring one, just on the off chance that someone would get mad and damage it.

Pin it around your neck like a Superman or Hobbit Cape!
    99, 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11,12,13, 14
    Dancing In The Desert and Loving Every Minute of Coachella!

Check out my Coachella pictures at Flickr.com under AJVaughn.com. Other art work there also!
    There are 3 Coachella sets on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanjvaughn/sets

Quote Originally Posted by Mozza View Post
    If I get close enough, and I plan to, they will see it. It's a big red, white, and black flag. It will be impossible to miss from the stage. Why do you care so much?
    Just trying to understand why you would want to lug it around all day. I am not hating, just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    Its still going to obstruct the view of people standing behind you. If you raise it after they're finished with a song then fine. You will probably have to sneak it in folded up. Have a bit of common sense courtesy if your going to bring it. People pay a lot of money to see the show not the back of your flag.
    This. I'm sure this would be fine. I'd imagine you'd get rabbit punched if you held it up the entire set, tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

Again, it isn't a national flag. Three members of the band, Ian and Mani in particular, are huge Manchester United fans and it's a tradition for United fans to bring their flags to their gigs. They get a kick out of it. You should probably ask questions before spouting unfounded opinions.
    Fuck manchester united with a stick.

getting this flag made next week.... made this simple basic design for my facebook group @LA TO COACHELLA..... cousin works for a tshirt company so hes making shirts and this flag for the members... join up if u want...

fri- OUTKAST- The Replacements- Chromeo- AFI- Bonobo- Zedd- the Glitch Mob- Grouplove-Anthony Green-ZZ Ward-Anti-Flag- Flatbush Zombies- Crosses
    sat- Mgmt- Fatboy Slim- Nas- Kid kudi- Sleigh Bells-City and Colour- Chvrches- Mogwai- Future Islands- Rl Grime- the Internet-
    sun- Beck- Calvin Harris- Motorhead- Duck Sause- Flosstradamus-Toy Dolls- Big Gigantic- Strfkr-Fishbone- Bombino- Poolside- Showtek
    05~06~07~09~11~12.2~13.1~13.2~14.1~14.2

Quote Originally Posted by badabingbilly View Post
    some of the flags are amazing at glastonbury, but they can get in the way
    sounds great. if i wanted to fly a flag at a festival i know the one to go to now since this isnt Glastonbury

Again, I'm 5'7" and the flag is 10' wide. There's no way I could lift it high enough to obstruct anybody's view. How many times do I have to say I have no intention of blocking the view of anyone before people stop blathering on about it?
    TEN FEET WIDE, you are 5'7" and there is no way you can hold it high enough to block somebodies view? are you a T-rex?

i'm guessing this is your first coachella so lets put it this way: there is no way you can be remotely close to the main stage and have a flag visible to the band while not blocking other people's views. just because you have "no intention" of blocking somebody's view doesnt mean you wont incidentally. i'm assuming you're british so lets go with more stereotypes and assume you'll be drinking anyway so by the time the stone roses go on you'll have such an "I LIEK THE SAME FOOTBALL TEAM AS YOU!!!!" boner that you WILL hold that flag up and you WILL most likely block people's views. you can go for it but A) flags aren't allowed and B) the general consensus here seems to be "fuck flags", so expect more of that at the show if you do get it in.
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

Lurker

It's not a national flag I'd be bringing. It would be a specific flag for the Stone Roses set and it would not be on a pole.
    I'm fascinated. In what way would the presence of this flag make the show more enjoyable for you or anyone else?

two things, only way i see you possibly getting close enough to have the band see it plus not block anyone's view is to be on the front barricade and have people on either side of you hold it against the rail. secondly, how the hell are you (5'7") going to single-handedly hold up a 10' flag? are you getting it mounted to plywood or cardboard?

not bashing you, just wondering. good luck in your endeavours. i hope you get cool people around you that don't mind helping you out and cool people behind you that won't mind missing a minute or two of what the band's doing on stage. they'll be up there long enough that a few short moments of flag waving won't be enough to ruin an entire set. (especially if it gets them up on the big screens)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomboclat View Post
    Sometimes you just reach that level where the only thing that makes sense is to get buck naked.

geez give the guy a break. If he brings one in and gets busted, so be it. If he brings it in and no one cares, fuck, well no one cares then. I have a Woodstock flag but it hangs at my campsite and I don't bring it in so I can understand both thoughts. cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

BTW, do what one person said. Make a cape, wear it and somehow make it visible during the event. Fuck have someone pick you up for 30 secs if you are that small. Local gang, across the pond, flags are big and it's part of the show. We tend to not do that here. Variety=spice blah blah. Some of the shows I go to, glow sticks are considered a no no. Can you imagine Coachella with no neon? cr****

I noticed while looking through dos and don'ts that flags are prohibited. Is this more about flags on poles that would obstruct peoples views or are flags that you would hold up or wrap around you cool?
    It doesn't look like anyone really answered your question, so I'll give it a go.

You'll probably be fine bringing in a flag into the fest (without a pole). Seems more or less like a blanket to me, and you can definitely bring in blankets. So there's your answer.

I would just make sure that you are very aware of those around you. If you want to hold your flag up every now and then when you're cheering or something, go for it. But just be aware that there are definitely people right behind you that won't be able to see a damn thing (other than your flag). And they are probably just as big of fans as you, so I'm sure they'll want to be able to see the band.

If it was me, I'd probably just hold it up for a few seconds while I cheered after a song, and then wear it as a cape or something.

But that's just me, I always try to make sure that I'm not right in someone's way, especially if it's a calm set where people are there to just relax and watch.

just a side node. I was front row center for an Eric Clapton show. I was with my ex. We were fans for more years than I care to say and we were up dancing fast and slow. Well the venue LEO told us to sit down because if we stood up the entire venue would. He proceeded to say if we didn't, we were out of there. Humm a rock and roll show where it is against the rules to stand and or dance.....It's a bit like that flag. I guess we would have screwed up things for the people behind us, but is was pissed......cr****

Just don't bring your pole. Against the rules.....cr****

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    just a side node. I was front row center for an Eric Clapton show. I was with my ex. We were fans for more years than I care to say and we were up dancing fast and slow. Well the venue LEO told us to sit down because if we stood up the entire venue would. He proceeded to say if we didn't, we were out of there. Humm a rock and roll show where it is against the rules to stand and or dance.....It's a bit like that flag. I guess we would have screwed up things for the people behind us, but is was pissed......cr****
    Agreed, there are some shows where you just have to expect to be knocked around a bit and lose sight of the stage every now and then. No harm in that. I don't really have any sympathy for people who don't want to stand at a show that has any sort of energy in it, and expect everyone else around them to sit, because they want to sit. In that case, it's like they're the ones waving a big boring "I'm lame" flag and ruining the show for anyone who wants to get a little dancing in.

Quote Originally Posted by deanlnds View Post
    No gay ass Man U flags...Arsenal only....
    Make sure you can on "top of the table" when you display that ManUtd flag!

This has become an incredibly long discussion about flags. OP seems to be really committed. We gotta at least acknowledge that if nothing else.
    1 Coachella before I got sober, 7 since. I support both versions. If you wanna do the sober version, roll with us:
    Click Soberchella 2013 for meeting details
    -------------------------------

Why not have a flag with a picture of your mom on it....that's where you came from
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Why not have a flag with a picture of your mom on it....that's where you came from
    More specifically a vagina. But then you would have to give equal time to the sperm. Then two flags. Fuck nothing is easy.......cr****

The Stone Roses will be on after dark, and won't be able to see a flag, unless you're on the rail and can drape it over it. Draping it over the rail is the only way it would both, possibly, get a reaction from the band and keep you from getting donkey punched. I recomend you get there 3 sets early to make should you get a spot on the rail, for the off chance someone in band smiles or waves to you, or to your stupid flag.
    Even though I look it, I'm not a cop.

Coachella 10, 12.1, 13.1, 14.2
    SXSW 14
    Lalapalooza 94

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    Just trying to understand why you would want to lug it around all day. I am not hating, just curious.
    Because it would give me a buzz like no other to see one of the lads see it and maybe even acknowledge it. Because it's something I've dreamed about since I was a teenager but never thought would be possible till they reformed. It's very hard to explain to people who weren't there and weren't part of the who Manchester music and football culture just what the Roses mean to some of us.

the rules are no flags in the venue. /thread
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Thank you all for your kind and helpful words. I don't think I've ever seen such a polite bunch on an internet message board before.

In all seriousness though after reading what many have said I probably won't bother with the flag. I don't want to hurt anyone's sensitive vagina, which seems very easily done at this festival and on this pre festival forum. I really hope this isn't going to be one giant bummer filled with entitled fuckwads. Please tell me it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the rules are no flags in the venue. /thread
    You're actually right. I shouldn't have bothered.

nothing personal or rude or whatever based on other people's opinions. also, dont speed while driving. there are speed limits here in america.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer