Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flags....

Default Flags....

I noticed while looking through dos and don'ts that flags are prohibited. Is this more about flags on poles that would obstruct peoples views or are flags that you would hold up or wrap around you cool?

Default Re: Flags....

because people who bring flags are flaggots
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    eh, youre the one in a public place reading a music festival forum thread about ganja. Expect some titties.

old school

Flags are allowed in camping to mark your site but not inside the venue (thank you GV for that policy). I can't remember what fest I was watching on t.v. but you could barely see the performers on stage from all the flags in the way. Nobody gives a fuck what country you're from anyway.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

Flag

Last edited by heyeric; 02-08-2013 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    (thank you GV for that policy)
    +1

Flags and totems inside would be one of the worst things GV could do.

Still saw a bunch if pre teens holding up swedish flags for Swedish House Mafia
    Arcade Fire 10/29 @ The Capital Building
    Arcade Fire 10/31 @ The Palladium
    Two Door Cinema Club 11/1 @ The Fox
    Father John Misty 11/2 @ The Wiltern
    Day of the Dead 11/2&3 @ LA Historic Park
    The Head and the Heart 12/7 @ The Wiltern
    Volcano Choir 1/18 @ The Fonda

some of the flags are amazing at glastonbury, but they can get in the way

Maybe I wasn't clear in my OP but I am not talking about bringing a flag in on a pole that would obstruct peoples view. I've been to festivals on numerous continents and completely agree that there's nothing more annoying than some douche waving a flag in the air in front of you and obstructing your view.

Flags are allowed in camping to mark your site but not inside the venue (thank you GV for that policy). I can't remember what fest I was watching on t.v. but you could barely see the performers on stage from all the flags in the way. Nobody gives a fuck what country you're from anyway.
    It's not a national flag I'd be bringing. It would be a specific flag for the Stone Roses set and it would not be on a pole.

Flags at concerts are LAME!!! Just be YOU ...try that. It's music that binds and connects us...and borders that divide us...

Try standing behind some fuck who is holding up their flag and blocking your view because you are behind them. I hope some fuck that has an Ipad is in front of you.

Last: you honestly think the band gives a flying fuck that you are from the same country as they are.....not for one second. Keep your flags at home or at your cam site.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

does a zombie fetus on a stick count?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega man View Post
    Anybody know where I can find pics of when Magnetic Man had the crowd sit down. That moment was epic

Quote Originally Posted by Mozza View Post
    It's not a national flag I'd be bringing. It would be a specific flag for the Stone Roses set and it would not be on a pole.
    Again, it isn't a national flag. Three members of the band, Ian and Mani in particular, are huge Manchester United fans and it's a tradition for United fans to bring their flags to their gigs. They get a kick out of it. You should probably ask questions before spouting unfounded opinions.

old school

Its still going to obstruct the view of people standing behind you. If you raise it after they're finished with a song then fine. You will probably have to sneak it in folded up. Have a bit of common sense courtesy if your going to bring it. People pay a lot of money to see the show not the back of your flag.

It's more wide than it is high. I've been very clear that the last thing I would think of doing is to obstruct the view of anyone else.

No gay ass Man U flags...Arsenal only....

Quote Originally Posted by badabingbilly View Post
    some of the flags are amazing at glastonbury, but they can get in the way
    yes, if you watch any vids from glasto (or reading & leeds), always giant flags represented from all over the globe. there was probably some idiot who sued a festival for being hit in the head by a flagpole here in the US, now no flag poles allowed at Coachella. i have a hard enough time seeing over most of you without a giant flag....keep em in the campsite!
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

Quote Originally Posted by deanlnds View Post
    No gay ass Man U flags...Arsenal only....
    Not much point of that when the Roses are Mancs and United fans.

It's more wide than it is high. I've been very clear that the last thing I would think of doing is to obstruct the view of anyone else.
    Then don't bring the flag at all. Lifting anything over your head will obstruct someone's view, unless you plan on standing in the very back where there will be no one behind you.

old school

Flags, Totems, Rage Sticks, whatever just keep them out of the fucking way while the band is performing a song.

You should probably ask questions before spouting unfounded opinions.
    Yeah...Welcome to the boards.

Also FORZA JUVE!!! Thanks for Pogba!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

Flags, Totems, Rage Sticks, whatever just keep them out of the fucking way while the band is performing a song.
    Again, I'm 5'7" and the flag is 10' wide. There's no way I could lift it high enough to obstruct anybody's view. How many times do I have to say I have no intention of blocking the view of anyone before people stop blathering on about it?

Quote Originally Posted by gswhooper View Post
    Yeah...Welcome to the boards.

Also FORZA JUVE!!! Thanks for Pogba!
    Yeah he's doing well for you. Don't worry though with his attitude he'll end up fucking you guys too eventually. He's the next Balotelli.

Again, I'm 5'7" and the flag is 10' wide. There's no way I could lift it high enough to obstruct anybody's view. How many times do I have to say I have no intention of blocking the view of anyone before people stop blathering on about it?
    I'm 5'2". If you lift that flag in front of me, I'm going to donkey punch you.

old school

Because so many inconsiderate fuckfaces DO block the view with this shit. Not necessarily directed at you. I swear to god I will take a flag from some idiot & I will wipe my ass with it the next time one blocks my view during a performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    I'm 5'2". If you lift that flag in front of me, I'm going to donkey punch you.
    You'll forgive me if I don't quake at the thought of being donkey punched by someone who is 5'2". I'm joking of course. Again I'm not planning on obstructing anyone's view.

Because so many inconsiderate fuckfaces DO block the view with this shit. Not necessarily directed at you. I swear to god I will take a flag from some idiot & I will wipe my ass with it the next time one blocks my view during a performance.
    You do that.

Yeah he's doing well for you. Don't worry though with his attitude he'll end up fucking you guys too eventually. He's the next Balotelli.
    LOL. His attitude is the only thing that he does not share with Balotelli. He was OK being left off of the French team for their game the other day.

I don't see why people are making that comparison. Is it that his hair is a little too flashy for y'all?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

old school

You do that.
    Believe me I will.

Why even bring it? It's not like the band will see it and if you do hold it up it fucks with people. I get that you don't want to hold it up, so WHY? it is like your security blanket for concerts?
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Quote Originally Posted by waterandcoffee View Post
    does a zombie fetus on a stick count?
    seen that in 2011 during Gogol Bordello.... hahahaha!!