Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BOWIE

Default BOWIE

David Fucking Bowie!

To me this just seems like it would make the most sense as a secret addition. He seems to love a lot of the bands playing here. Everyone loves them some bowie, and Friday needs something big... huuge... BOOOWIE!

See you guys front row! Mark my words.

Default Re: BOWIE

If David Bowie got added... wow.
    But that is definate NOT going to be happening.
    David Bowie underneath Bjork? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

he'll be there... i am just hoping it will be friday.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

The Thin White Duke is currating his own festival in New York (With bands like Arcade Fire, Deerhoof and Air performing!). I don't think he'll do Coachella this year..Maybe next?
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    The Thin White Duke is currating his own festival in New York (With bands like Arcade Fire, Deerhoof and Air performing!). I don't think he'll do Coachella this year..Maybe next?
    Will this festival work like SXSW? like, can you buy a pass to go to multiple shows? i mean it doesn't seem like much of a festival to me. Just Bowie promoting some live shows, within a certain time period.

It doesn't mean he can't perform at Coachella, but it's highly unlikely. Of course, I'd love to see it happen...

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Will this festival work like SXSW? like, can you buy a pass to go to multiple shows? i mean it doesn't seem like much of a festival to me. Just Bowie promoting some live shows, within a certain time period.

It doesn't mean he can't perform at Coachella, but it's highly unlikely. Of course, I'd love to see it happen...
    I think the proper excuse for him not doing Coachella was that he was busy getting this together. The High Line fes I think is what it's called? And I believe pollstar just release a article on it
    http://pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=7820

sounds like it could be like a SXSW. Sounds more like a ATP to me.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by ttboy80 View Post
    he'll be there... i am just hoping it will be friday.
    Sadly no, he won't be there. He is rumored to be the "surprise" guest every year.
    3 steps from the bar... 2 steps from the floor... one step from the grave... and I'm havin' one more!

come and talk to me in two weeks.

If Bowie gets added...I owe you a coke..

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    If Bowie gets added...I owe you a coke..
    Hell, if Bowie gets added, I owe TTBOY80 a reacharound!!!
    3 steps from the bar... 2 steps from the floor... one step from the grave... and I'm havin' one more!

Someone told me the same thing last year... Bowie didn't show up... I cried

You didn't see him giving handjobs in the Sahara in '04?
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    Do you want to continue talking about Lizards?

I'll take an HJ from sweet artie any day!

Think about it though, what better way to promote your festival??

Quote Originally Posted by breakjaw View Post
    You didn't see him giving handjobs in the Sahara in '04?
    Hey now... no talkin' smack about Bowie a.k.a. GOD!

Talking Re: BOWIE

I'll take an HJ from sweet artie any day!

Think about it though, what better way to promote your festival??
    That is true... and, if the almighty Bowie is actually added to the show, you will receive... an "HJ", a "reacharound", a "rusty trombone" a "chili dog" and, a "wet burrito"!

TTBOY i am now watching your psyphic knowledge???? i will give you shit or praise..

I am down to take 100% of what I deserve... whether it be Hot Carls or shit.

David Bowie will not be going to Coachella.

Don't you think Rage Against The Machine's first reunion performance is enough to promote Coachella? Obviously it is promoted if it sold out so quickly. The only festival Bowie will help promote at this time is his own festival.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    David Bowie will not be going to Coachella.

Don't you think Rage Against The Machine's first reunion performance is enough to promote Coachella? Obviously it is promoted if it sold out so quickly. The only festival Bowie will help promote at this time is his own festival.
    Ummm, so what you're saying is, we're supposed to be all apeshit over the fact that Rage is playing... on Sunday?
    Not all of us are fans so, to answer your question... that's a big fat N-O!
    Rage's reunion is not enough in my book.

And, I think what was being said is, Bowie playing Coachella would benifit the festival that he is currating. He has been out of the public eye since his heart surgery. An appearance at Coachella would give him the public forum to help push his plans for the summer (new album included).

I personally don't think he will be added (neither will anyone else for that matter) but, there is always hope...

what the hell is up with this "oh friday is lacking" thing. Even if you personally don't like the bands I find it hard to believe it's in any way lacking. Bjork is an amazing huge performer, and they got the fucking Jesus and Mary Chain to play! Not to mention a good amount of pretty awesome smaller bands. Digitalism is going to put on such a good show.

Friday is the best day. I was talking in terms of numbers, and that single friday tickets have not sold out.

And regarding promoting.... i was talking about bowie promoting HIS festival by playing THIS festival.

sweet artie is a smart man.... err... woman... PERSON

Quote Originally Posted by sweet artie View Post
    Ummm, so what you're saying is, we're supposed to be all apeshit over the fact that Rage is playing... on Sunday?
    Not all of us are fans so, to answer your question... that's a big fat N-O!
    Rage's reunion is not enough in my book.

And, I think what was being said is, Bowie playing Coachella would benifit the festival that he is currating. He has been out of the public eye since his heart surgery. An appearance at Coachella would give him the public forum to help push his plans for the summer (new album included).

I personally don't think he will be added (neither will anyone else for that matter) but, there is always hope...
    No you genius. I'm not going to Coachella for Rage myself. But you'd be fooling yourself if media all over has not been talking about Rage getting back together at Coachella. Never did I say that Rage Against The Machine was the reason we are all going to Coachella. I said that Rage was a good way for Coachella to get its own publicity.

Also, how is Bowie going to Coachella going to get publicity for his festival? It would not be that big a deal to the media at this point. It would be a big deal if the festival were not sold out, because Goldenvoice would make sure it was out there so that people would buy tickets (not that GV would have to put it out there). The most Bowie being added to Coachella would do would make it a news ticker at best. All it would say is, "David Bowie gets added to Coachella". Nobody would care, especially the outside because it's not like they can go to Coachella now.

All I am saying is that David Bowie is NOT going to Coachella, and that it is foolish to think he would use a surprise sold-out Coachella performance to promote an entirely different festival.
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

you don't know marketing...

Anyone who will mention bowie playing will mention he also has his own festival, thus promoting his festival.

It would be a big deal him playing... especially if it is a secret last minute thing... plus if he is great people will say shit, he was great, you have to check him out... and go to his festival.

Anyone who read this thread read about his new festival, which is a fair amount of people... and that is just because of a rumor started by some douche bag who knows nothing... umm oh wait that's me but think how many people would hear about his festival if he actually played...

and yeah this rant was just about the marketing of the festival and I am not guaranteeing david bowie will be at coachella... but you never know

you don't know marketing...

Anyone who will mention bowie playing will mention he also has his own festival, thus promoting his festival.

It would be a big deal him playing... especially if it is a secret last minute thing... plus if he is great people will say shit, he was great, you have to check him out... and go to his festival.

Anyone who read this thread read about his new festival, which is a fair amount of people... and that is just because of a rumor started by some douche bag who knows nothing... umm oh wait that's me but think how many people would hear about his festival if he actually played...

and yeah this rant was just about the marketing of the festival and I am not guaranteeing david bowie will be at coachella... but you never know
    Oh of course. How could I miss that old economics approach? The rumor threads on the Coachella message board that will make the market aware of the Bowie festival.

Okay, if you are so sure that Bowie playing Coachella is good marketing for his own festival, then I am sure Bowie's people who "know marketing" will use this technique and we are all in for a very pleasant surprise. I would dub you as a genius.

But if Bowie does not come, then I suppose it was because he and his people actually do know marketing, and that they found better ways to market his festival.For example, I am sure that this being the first time he has played in New York City since 2003 will draw plenty of people without Coachella. So will the satellite radio stations advertising it because they will play it live... So will the websites that will stream it live.

New York City alone, can sell out this festival. Don't be foolish to think it is not advertised over there like crazy. Don't think that the satellite radio station has not mentioned it, I mean, they wan't people to listen when they play it afterall. I am sure the website would like traffic too.

Sometimes this board has no respect for knowledge. Bowie does not need Coachella for marketing, he's David Bowie for Christ's sake. And you have done a horrible job to advertise his festival, because it will sell out regardless of your rumor.

Bowie.. eh. The 04 hands jobs were shit. I gotta lefty and it was no where near completion. A surprise perfomance by Bowie doesnt make too much sense to me either. Him playing a surprise perfomance on the west coast is not going to generate that much buzz for his own fetival in NY. Especially to a crowd that I think is not that hip to his tunes. Sure, everyone knows a Bowie tune or 2, but dont know many that think he is a big deal. Im sure many circles might feel I dont know shit though...

Agent Orange

If he gets added i'd piss myself! But i'm sure it's just wishful thinking!

Banned

if bowie got added, trust me people would notice. bowie to me is a amazing artist who changed so many times it is completely amazing and ive got alot of respect for the guy. i would personally love to go down nostalgia lane with bowie but to his credit, he keeps trying to reinvent himself and challenge himself. much respect and id love to see it. i know it s a no-go but it would be nice..

What would be really sick is if they added Bowie, and Trent Reznor showed up to do a surprise rendition of "I'm afraid of Americans."

Quote Originally Posted by jorona79 View Post
    What would be really sick is if they added Bowie, and Trent Reznor showed up to do a surprise rendition of "I'm afraid of Americans."
    And then NIN closed out the Sahara on Saturday night!
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.