Thread: Split a hotel room within WALKING DISTANCE to Coachella - second weekend

Default Split a hotel room within WALKING DISTANCE to Coachella - second weekend

Hey!!

As most of you know it is a bit hectic trying to find a decent place to stay since all the tickets went on sale for Coachella. I found a hotel room within WALKING distance and I'm looking for 1-2 people to stay with my friend and I during the SECOND weekend. The Indian Palms Country Club and resort is on Monroe, about 1.5 miles from the festival (25 min walk?).

This is our first coachella and I don't know the resort aside from what I've read online, but the 'walking distance' alone has me pumped...

The hotel is also providing buffet breakfast and boxed dinners until 2am... also supposedly has a pool and all the other amenities. It is a room with two queens so you could either bring a blow up bed or share the other queen (we're two early 30s, low-key, straight guys crashing there now btw).

Again, we have the room for the SECOND weekend of Coachella. We would be arriving LATE Thursday night (possibly as late as 8-9 pm) and will check out Monday morning after the event.

I copied the following from another post (and tweaked it) because I couldn't say it better - it applies to us as well.

As much as I would like to just take anyone in our unit, I would rather have guests I can trust and are good people. COACHELLA is an experience and meeting awesome people is something I plan on doing and I would rather my guests be some of those people. If you are a grumpy bear or Oscar the Grouch then you should probably look somewhere else. I get along with everyone, but I don’t plan on being stressed on my own vacation. Tell me about yourself and we can start from there. Once I get comfortable with you we can talk pricing.

THIS ISN'T SOME CHEAPLY PRICED MOTEL YOU WILL HAVE EVERYTHING YOU NEED PLUS KICKING IT WITH ME IS PRETTY DECENT TOO! Just a heads up

Looking forward to hearing from you all!! Sending me a private message is probably easiest btw.

-J

Default Re: Split a hotel room within WALKING DISTANCE to Coachella - second weekend

I have stayed here 4 times cool place never any issues...... but since they changed the layout around the festival the last 2 years when we walked it took at least an Hour to get to and from the festival.
    PS. saying an Hour is being nice, it is right across the street however.
    Last edited by Drewfus46; 02-07-2013 at 10:11 AM.
    Coachella is better than Christmas

Default Re: Split a hotel room within WALKING DISTANCE to Coachella - second weekend

Drew - thanks for the heads up! I've heard that it takes 30-40 min to reach the front gate if you're in back and 25-30 min to reach the venue - is that what you are saying? We were told we have a room by the front gate, but just in case we don't, I've also heard there are spaces by the front gate, so you can just drive up and park there and walk the rest of the way. A bit lazy I know, but it saves 30 min!!!

What is pricing look like for it?