Thread: 2 Pleasant Girls Need Ride to Friday Coachella and Back to Long Beach!

Talking 2 Pleasant Girls Need Ride to Friday Coachella and Back to Long Beach!

Just like the title says! I have been waiting so long to see Bjork grace my prescense with her glorious musical talents and now it is my time! I would go the whole weekend but I cannot afford it. The only thing left is for me to get a ride for me and my girlfriend to be able to see her. If you are heading out there I would love to be able to hook up with you for the ride! This will be our first Coachella as I just moved here from Chicago and she is now located in FL and flying out to attend. Hit me up if you have my 2 seats and lets work it out .....

Cheers!

Lurker

Default Re: 2 Pleasant Girls Need Ride to Friday Coachella and Back to Long Beach!

I'm arriving at Long Beach Airport and picking up a rental car with my very pleasant brother and somewhat pleasant good friend Thursday Night at 9:30...we are driving straight to our hotel in Indio and would be driving back Monday late morning/early afternoon...BQThomas@aol.com

Default Re: 2 Pleasant Girls Need Ride to Friday Coachella and Back to Long Beach!

Dang sounds pleasant....But I can only go on Friday so I wouldnt be able to stay for the whole weekend but thanks for trying to help out and enjoy yourselves!

Is 75 or 60 dollars an accurate amount on how much it takes to split gas from Long Beach to Indio and back?
    Last edited by S.Fantana; 04-13-2007 at 11:23 AM.

i think thats too much- maybe about $50- unless its a huge gas guzzler, and how many people sharing the cost- and actually since they are doing the driving 60-75 sounds right, and well actually i dont know what im talking about- but yeah it sounds too high

#$@%@#
    Last edited by S.Fantana; 04-13-2007 at 11:21 AM.

Gas is $3.29 here......$75 round trip to Long Beach is worth it. It's not just gas, it's the person's time as well.

It costs me $50 in gas to drive r/t to Los Angeles. Indio to Long Beach is farther.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Lurker

If they are going from LB then they might be charging you too much. But that's their choice and who knows what their details are.

But if they are coming from elsewhere, and are going out of their way, it quickly adds up. For example, I'm coming from San Diego - stopping off in Long Beach approximately adds 150 mile & 2 hrs to my (round) trip.

You might try renting a car if you're just going for one day - you can probably get one for under $20/day if you use a discount site. But even if you got a $20/day rental, gas would probably cost you $40.

So even if they were originally planning on going to Coachella on Friday only its still worth 60/75 for the ride? Again Im not saying I dont wanna help out with the expences but I am sharing gas cost with like 4 other people....
    Last edited by S.Fantana; 04-13-2007 at 11:24 AM.

Maybe you should just wish really hard...

O I should mention that her flight doesnt get in from FL till thursday night at 930pm from LAX.....So if anyone was wanting to help out with ride for Fridays show....I would be down to leave anytime after her flight gets in....

Seriously...Can it be next Thursday and can I know that I have ride....Seriously

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by S.Fantana View Post
    So even if they were originally planning on going to Coachella on Friday only its still worth 60/75 for the ride? Again Im not saying I dont wanna help out with the expences but I am sharing gas cost with like 4 other people....
    That's their call - but the gas cost is basically the same whether they are there for 1 or 3 days.

The difficulty you are encountering is that few people will be going to Coachella for Friday relative to those who will be going for Sat, Sun or for 3-days; therefore you have a much smaller pool from whom to solicit a ride.

Personally, I'd rent a car - it gives greater freedom, flexibility, and certainty, while removing the possibility of being ditched.
    Last edited by eefeef; 04-17-2007 at 04:55 PM.

Well...I cant rent and yes the thing that is bogging me down is the fact that I am only going for Friday