Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How will Coachella deal with the 30+ more bands this year?

Default Re: How will Coachella deal with the 30+ more bands this year?

Gays Only* Tent

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Detroit is not a desert.
    Detroit is a Food Desert.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

wow that location would be sweet, but with a tent being basically behind the gobi would all the sound be flying towards the gobi, they could point it a bit towards the outdoor but that is even worse.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

as far as tents in the middle of the field, they did it with the oasis tent in 2006. it was closer to the main stage than the do lab and was in between main and outdoor. it was enclosed though.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by bganch View Post
    If you look at the layout maps, about 1/4 the way through that massive document, there appears to be extra land in the top right corner (past the Outdoor and the Gobi) that is now part of the performance area. I'm guessing this would be the location of the new tent if it is in fact happening. See below...

Attachment 9430
    I glossed over that minor detail. Yes, that's likely it. Strange, but they don't show that whole area as "new festival areas", possibly because it's just been repurposed into a performance area. You'll also notice additional camping areas too. From the report:

Figure 3.0-3, Future Festival Site, shows the boundaries of the Future Festival Site, which includesapproximately 601 acres consisting of portions of the Empire and Eldorado Polo Clubs and adjacent properties. The areas being added to the Existing Site, which is described in Section 2.0, Environmental Setting, are also identified on Figure 3.0-2. The proposed Future Festival Site is approximately 66 acres larger than the 535-acre Existing Site. This figure also identifies the portion of Future Festival Site that would be used as the Performance Area and the location of Camping, Parking, and Support Areas. The additional 66 acres would be used for additional Camping Areas, Support Areas, and the Performance Area, with the majority of this additional land used as Support Areas. The Performance Area, which would contain the stages for musical performances, food courts, and other areas for patrons and guests, would be approximately 95.5 acres in size and include the portion of the Empire Polo Club located south of Avenue 50, west of Monroe Street, and north of Avenue 51. Figures 3.0-4 and 3.0-5 provide illustrative conceptual layouts of this area showing the potential configuration of the stages, food courts, and other areas. These layouts reflect the configuration of this area for the Existing Festivals to provide for efficient pedestrian and vehicular circulation and are representative of how this area will typically be configured and used for Future Festivals.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

If you look at the layout maps, about 1/4 the way through that massive document, there appears to be extra land in the top right corner (past the Outdoor and the Gobi) that is now part of the performance area. I'm guessing this would be the location of the new tent if it is in fact happening. See below...

Attachment 9430
    That is for 2014 and beyond.

From my understanding, the agreement that GV and Indio have is good through this year and will not include a new layout. The proposition on the table (stated in the early portion of the document presented) reads:

The proposed Music Festivals Plan (Project) would allow the Applicant, Coachella Music Festival,
    LLC/Goldenvoice, LLC, to continue to hold the Coachella and Stagecoach Festivals annually in Spring and
    to hold two additional festivals annually in Fall on the grounds of the Empire and Eldorado Polo Clubs
    and adjacent property (Future Festival Site) from 2014 through 2030. The maximum daily All-Inclusive
    Attendance proposed for Future Festivals would be 75,000 persons for two of these events (Lower
    Attendance Festivals) and 99,000 persons for the other three events (Higher Attendance Festivals). The
    Applicant currently anticipates continuing to hold the Coachella Festival, or a similar festival, on two
    consecutive weekends in Spring and the Stagecoach Festival, or a similar festival, on the following
    weekend.

The Special Event Agreement for the 2012 and 2013 Coachella and Stagecoach Festivals (Current
    Agreement), permits a maximum daily All-Inclusive Attendance of 95,000 people for the Coachella
    Festival and 65,000 people for the Stagecoach Festival. 2012 was the first year the Coachella Festival
    was held over two separate weekends for three days each weekend with a daily attendance of
    approximately 90,000 people. The Stagecoach Festival was also held over three days in 2012 on the
    weekend following the Coachella Festival with attendance of approximately 55,000 people per day.
    All of the changes in that document are for next year, not this year, and it looks like they are expanding so they can sell more passes.

A new stage / tent, however, is happening this year and the Do Lab will be there. It has been done before. See: 2011
    Last edited by GuyInTucson; 02-07-2013 at 10:16 AM.

The do lab will be there? YES!!!
    2012w1
    2013w1

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    From my understanding, the agreement that GV and Indio have is good through this year and will not include a new layout. The proposition on the table (stated in the early portion of the document presented) reads:

All of the changes in that document are for next year, not this year, and it looks like they are expanding so they can sell more passes.

A new stage / tent, however, is happening this year and the Do Lab will be there. It has been done before. See: 2011
    Is it confirmed that the Do Lab will be back?

Mesa, Az, Amsterdam and Antwerp when I can!

I could see them rearranging the Terrace and Ferris Wheel area to include a larger tent. Maybe in place of the half ass dome they had there for DJ's on the south east corner of the Terrace. Maybe even a tent near the entrance where the first Ferris Wheel was placed next to the main VIP area. That wouldn't be so bad.
    99, 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11,12,13, 14
    Dancing In The Desert and Loving Every Minute of Coachella!

Check out my Coachella pictures at Flickr.com under AJVaughn.com. Other art work there also!
    There are 3 Coachella sets on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanjvaughn/sets

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    Is it confirmed that the Do Lab will be back?
    This where it starts and the confirmation is a few posts below.

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...=1#post2636849

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    This where it starts and the confirmation is a few posts below.

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...=1#post2636849
    Right on, thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by fibes View Post
    the comment is somewhere in the pile of shit that is the rumors thread.
    awsome quote!

Quote Originally Posted by CoachellaVet09 View Post
    Only question now is... what will it be called and will they spray me down when i go to that tent?
    something desert-y. detroit won't fly because...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Detroit is not a desert.
    Attachment 9430
    i doubt it'll be there. if there is, my guess is where something already exists, but it becomes a smaller stage.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Gays Only* Tent
    this might be nice, but i wouldn't want to exclude all the heterosexual hotties.

Quote Originally Posted by artisticcreator View Post
    I could see them rearranging the Terrace and Ferris Wheel area to include a larger tent.
    my guess is something along the lines of this.
    Jagwar Ma ● the Knife ● GOAT ● the Preatures ● Bo Ningen ● Woodkid ● QOTSA ● Foxygen ● Little Dragon
    DARKSIDE ● Lorde ● Temples ● Factory Floor ● Banks ● Duck Sauce ● Grouplove ● Pet Shop Boys
    ● OutKast ● Muse ● Mogwai ● Austra ● CHVRCHES ● Syd Arthur ● J. Roddy Watson & the Business

wishlist, still: wishlist, still: missy elliot●oingo boingo●talking heads●grace jones●george clinton●fiona apple
    sweat.x●jamiroquai●space●hooverphonic●los fabulosos cadillacs●la santa cecilia