Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 43

Thread: How will Coachella deal with the 30+ more bands this year?

  1. #1
    Member CoachellaVet09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Under a Bridge
    Posts
    363

    Question How will Coachella deal with the 30+ more bands this year?

    There are 176 bands playing this year during the same time 140 (i believe) played last year. How do you think this is going to happen?

    Generally the shows all stop by around 1, so there's a time limit on that end, but could they possible start playing music before noon during each day?

    Or maybe it'll be like the "Set-Times Prediction" threads are predicting and there's going to be an entire new stage, which is possible, but where are they gonna put that shit?

    Even though the "Kalahari Tent" seems like the logical choice if they were going with a new tent, I'd prefer it to be something edgier like the "Ninja Sword Tent" or the "Coke and Whores Tent". Maybe if they use the new tent for all the hip hop acts this year they can call it the "Detroit Tent".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinaturntable5 View Post
    A girl with 5 dicks, duh

  2. #2

    Default Re: How will Coachella deal with the 30+ more bands this year?

    "Samsung Tent"

  3. #3
    Coachella Junkie fatbastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    12,279

    Default Re: How will Coachella deal with the 30+ more bands this year?

    Since everyone is saying that there is no headliners, then perhaps the artists who play the main stage will not receive headliner time frames.
    Whiskey Sour

    2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

    Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

  4. #4

    Default Re: How will Coachella deal with the 30+ more bands this year?

    from my understand the new tent isn't just a rumor in the predictions thread, it was actually confirmed during the coachella cruise

  5. #5
    Member CoachellaVet09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Under a Bridge
    Posts
    363

    Default Re: How will Coachella deal with the 30+ more bands this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by fibes View Post
    from my understand the new tent isn't just a rumor in the predictions thread, it was actually confirmed during the coachella cruise
    Proof?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinaturntable5 View Post
    A girl with 5 dicks, duh

  6. #6
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,885

    Default Re: How will Coachella deal with the 30+ more bands this year?

    He dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  7. #7
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,893

    Default Re: How will Coachella deal with the 30+ more bands this year?

    Campground stage?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  8. #8

    Default Re: How will Coachella deal with the 30+ more bands this year?

    the comment is somewhere in the pile of shit that is the rumors thread. I don't care enough to find it, just recall it being discussed in there for awhile. well before the line came up and the band count was inflated.

  9. #9

    Default Re: How will Coachella deal with the 30+ more bands this year?

    maybe this is always the case but coachella isn't listed on do labs events page..

    http://thedolab.com/events/

    big fat tent right in the middle of the field haha

  10. #10
    Member Chillzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    434

    Default Re: How will Coachella deal with the 30+ more bands this year?

    There most likely will be a new tent or stage, but the question is will it be like the Oasis Dome of '11 and have some of the smaller electronic acts or will it be more like the Heineken dome or. Rumors also said it'd be curiated by the dirty bird crew which I don't think will happen since there aren't enough slots for the amount of acts on the line-up already they won't have room to fit them in.

  11. #11
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,009

    Default Re: How will Coachella deal with the 30+ more bands this year?

    No one is allowed to bring instrument. Every act is only allowed 30 seconds to changeover laptop cords then given a couple microphones.

  12. #12
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,885

    Default Re: How will Coachella deal with the 30+ more bands this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by fibes View Post
    the comment is somewhere in the pile of shit that is the rumors thread. I don't care enough to find it, just recall it being discussed in there for awhile. well before the line came up and the band count was inflated.
    The original link is in the dirtybird thread, which is quite short.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  13. #13
    Member CoachellaVet09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Under a Bridge
    Posts
    363

    Default Re: How will Coachella deal with the 30+ more bands this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    No one is allowed to bring instrument. Every act is only allowed 30 seconds to changeover laptop cords then given a couple microphones.
    All musicians must play on roller skates, so they can just be wheeled off stage after their set is done
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinaturntable5 View Post
    A girl with 5 dicks, duh

  14. #14

    Default Re: How will Coachella deal with the 30+ more bands this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by niksterg11 View Post
    anyone have an idea what they're doing with the "new stage" this year? maybe something to alleviate the sahara's harsh transition to "maximal complextro and big room anthem house" that Trick is talking about.

    http://stereogum.com/1225852/s-s-coa...words/concert/

    Day 3: Arriving in Jamaica, folks had a good portion of the day to explore the island. I opted to catch up on sleep. Making my way down to the Desert Crew lecture which featured the top brass of Goldenvoice as they discussed the inner workings of Coachella. One of the noteworthy moments was the revelation that a new tent would make its debut at the next Coachella

  15. #15

    Default Re: How will Coachella deal with the 30+ more bands this year?

    thank heart cooks brain and that guy, there is your new tent proof.

  16. #16

    Default Re: How will Coachella deal with the 30+ more bands this year?

    I think they could squeeze the old gobi tent in where the ferris wheel was in 2012. They would have to make the drink area next to it a little smaller i think in order for this to work though. Also, i could imagine some terrible soundbleed in that beer garden if this were the case.

  17. #17
    Member CoachellaVet09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Under a Bridge
    Posts
    363

    Default Re: How will Coachella deal with the 30+ more bands this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by fibes View Post
    Day 3: Arriving in Jamaica, folks had a good portion of the day to explore the island. I opted to catch up on sleep. Making my way down to the Desert Crew lecture which featured the top brass of Goldenvoice as they discussed the inner workings of Coachella. One of the noteworthy moments was the revelation that a new tent would make its debut at the next Coachella
    Looks pretty solid. And the fact that the Do Lab isn't signed yet has me thinking you're right, that they might just throw one down right in the middle of the fields.

    Only question now is... what will it be called and will they spray me down when i go to that tent?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinaturntable5 View Post
    A girl with 5 dicks, duh

  18. #18

    Default Re: How will Coachella deal with the 30+ more bands this year?

    If this new tent is 21+ I'll kill someone.

  19. #19

    Default Re: How will Coachella deal with the 30+ more bands this year?

    pretty sure the do lab has confirmed that they will be there in a facebook post

  20. #20
    Member CoachellaVet09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Under a Bridge
    Posts
    363

    Default Re: How will Coachella deal with the 30+ more bands this year?

    Tent in the middle of the field would cause some noise bleed issues too... 50 bucks says Goldenvoice makes Sigur Ros play there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinaturntable5 View Post
    A girl with 5 dicks, duh

  21. #21

    Default Re: How will Coachella deal with the 30+ more bands this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by isnate View Post
    If this new tent is 21+ I'll kill someone.
    now that you mention it, that would be the best idea in years.

  22. #22
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,893

    Default Re: How will Coachella deal with the 30+ more bands this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by isnate View Post
    If this new tent is 21+ I'll kill someone.
    me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  23. #23
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,861

    Default Re: How will Coachella deal with the 30+ more bands this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by CoachellaVet09 View Post
    There are 176 bands playing this year during the same time 140 (i believe) played last year. How do you think this is going to happen?

    Generally the shows all stop by around 1, so there's a time limit on that end, but could they possible start playing music before noon during each day?

    Or maybe it'll be like the "Set-Times Prediction" threads are predicting and there's going to be an entire new stage, which is possible, but where are they gonna put that shit?

    Even though the "Kalahari Tent" seems like the logical choice if they were going with a new tent, I'd prefer it to be something edgier like the "Ninja Sword Tent" or the "Coke and Whores Tent". Maybe if they use the new tent for all the hip hop acts this year they can call it the "Detroit Tent".
    Detroit is not a desert.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  24. #24
    old school microcuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    lansing_mi
    Posts
    2,710

    Default Re: How will Coachella deal with the 30+ more bands this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Detroit is not a desert.
    It's just deserted.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

  25. #25
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,861

    Default Re: How will Coachella deal with the 30+ more bands this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    I think they could squeeze the old gobi tent in where the ferris wheel was in 2012. They would have to make the drink area next to it a little smaller i think in order for this to work though. Also, i could imagine some terrible soundbleed in that beer garden if this were the case.
    this makes the most sense of anything posted in here.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  26. #26
    Member insbordnat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In a blazing inferno
    Posts
    1,809

    Default Re: How will Coachella deal with the 30+ more bands this year?

    Here's a little tidbit if you haven't seen it yet:

    City of Indio Music Festivals Plan

    This was the environmental survey that I believe Goldenvoice had to commission for it's future festivals at the request of the City of Indio. There are a lot of interesting items, such as attendance, SPL levels, traffic data, etc. It's a whopping 500+ pages, but one of the interesting things in there was the proposed layout of the polo fields - you'll notice there is absolutely no change or any addition of a tent on the scale of Gobi or larger. My guess is if they wanted to appease the city, they wouldn't be doing a bait and switch, as another tent would add to the SPL around the fields, which is one of the more contentious points.

    My attitude is more of a wait and see; I'm thinking a return of an Oasis type dome but that's it. Nothing on a grand scale.

    EDIT: Ok, now that I'm looking at this again, there is a place called the "Pavillion[sic]" behind the Rose Garden - does this ring a bell with anyone what this is? Also, I don't remember the "Taste of Coachella". See page 103 of the report.

    EDIT 2: Nevermind, that is just the Tack Room Tavern and some grounds. But still don't remember the Taste of Coachella.
    Last edited by insbordnat; 02-06-2013 at 05:28 PM.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

  27. #27
    Member CoachellaVet09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Under a Bridge
    Posts
    363

    Default Re: How will Coachella deal with the 30+ more bands this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Detroit is not a desert.
    Urban desert. Their bitches got humps like camels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinaturntable5 View Post
    A girl with 5 dicks, duh

  28. #28

    Default Re: How will Coachella deal with the 30+ more bands this year?

    If you look at the layout maps, about 1/4 the way through that massive document, there appears to be extra land in the top right corner (past the Outdoor and the Gobi) that is now part of the performance area. I'm guessing this would be the location of the new tent if it is in fact happening. See below...

    New Layout of Festival Grounds 2.jpg

    Coachella Weekend #1

  29. #29

    Default Re: How will Coachella deal with the 30+ more bands this year?

    ok if im seeing that correctly, that would be sweet
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    eh, youre the one in a public place reading a music festival forum thread about ganja. Expect some titties.

  30. #30
    Member PDXdev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    178

    Default Re: How will Coachella deal with the 30+ more bands this year?

    Do Lab is confirmed by the way. I emailed them and received confirmation. I posted it in another thread a while ago.

Similar Threads

  1. Which of the GV-30 bands would you like to see this year at Coachella
    By Dj Oddball in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-29-2011, 05:46 PM
  2. Who are the Top 5 live bands at Coachella this year?
    By Hedley Lamar in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-11-2011, 06:24 AM
  3. Any latin bands going to coachella this year?
    By M00nshine in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-19-2009, 07:31 AM
  4. Any latin bands coming to coachella this year?
    By M00nshine in forum Camping/Lodging
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-26-2008, 07:43 AM
  5. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 12:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •