Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bassnectar 2013

Default Re: Bassnectar 2013

How about a surprise visit from Pennywise when he does the Bro-hymm tribute?? ANYONE??

I'll go on to add that pennywise IS on tour and there is a hole the schedule from April 7 to April 26....jus sayin....IT WILL BE EPIC!

Bassnectar will be full of bros and dregs, I'll happily stay away from his set.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    Mesmerizing the Ultra is a great album, but don't expect him to play anything from that at Coachella.
    Exactly, his days of burner breaks is unfortunately long gone.

As much as I like and respect Bassnectar, that Pennywise tribute is fucking awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotek View Post
    Bassnectar will be full of bros and dregs, I'll happily stay away from his set.
    Coachella is full of bro's - so you should probably just not come.
    Cooler than a polar bears toenails.

Anyone catch his set at the palladium september 2011? I went into it a fan but not knowing what to expect..he blew me + everyone in that venue away. I cannot wait to see him at chella

Quote Originally Posted by DaFunkyPrecedent View Post
    Coachella is full of bro's - so you should probably just not come.
    Offset by a lineup that other festivals attempt to match, I can deal with it. Doubt any bros will be present at Jamie XX or Maya Jane Coles or even Roni Size for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by pheelgood View Post
    Anyone catch his set at the palladium september 2011? I went into it a fan but not knowing what to expect..he blew me + everyone in that venue away. I cannot wait to see him at chella
    I was there, it was a great show. It got pretty hot n' grimey in there, just how I like it.

I especially liked his track selection, lots of Glitchy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by seitron View Post
    I tried to like bassnectar in 2010, but the bass was so loud it was shaking every organ in my body, I thought I was having palpitations and started to panic. It's amazing to me that you guys can enjoy this - I don't mean musically, but from a how do you enjoy yourself if you feel like your body is going to start failing you kind of way.
    That would be a pretty RAD cause of death. Autopsy reads: "CAUSE OF DEATH: IT APPEARS JOHN DOE HAD A MASSIVE BASS DROPPED ON HIM LEADING TO SEVERE ORGAN FAILURE."
    I CAN HAZ SHUTTLE?

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotek View Post
    Exactly, his days of burner breaks is unfortunately long gone.
    =( mostly true. who are your go tos for burner breaks these days? That's a genre I can never seem to get enough of.
    DRUGS ON KIDS

I was there, it was a great show. It got pretty hot n' grimey in there, just how I like it.

I especially liked his track selection, lots of Glitchy stuff.
    Yeah i had no idea how weird it was going to get in there. Great crowd too.
    Did you stay for his encore? I forget the track names but i literally almost burst an eardrum

Quote Originally Posted by thagorillaz View Post
    =( mostly true. who are your go tos for burner breaks these days? That's a genre I can never seem to get enough of.
    He still makes some "burner friendly" tracks these days but a lot of it is heavy bass Dubstep / Glitch stuff.

I listen to a lot of Opiuo, Mimosa, Eoto, Tipper, and Random Rab, all of which the burners love.

Yeah I listen to a lot of opiuo and tipper too. Opiuo changed the game IMO, but he is so technically proficient that he doesnt have to be creative in the same way that bassnectars early stuff was. Creative is the wrong word but I love musicians who are able to piece together something new and interesting using minimal technical skills. A couple of break beats, some samples, an 808 kick and a saw wave being combined in a new and interesting way. People like Esbe and gramatik are doing a good job on that front, but it's tough to find people innovating in that genre. The people that would be making it are instead going into dnb, dubstep, glitch, etc.

My point is subtle and meaningless but I thought I'd express it anyways. That's what forums are for right?
    DRUGS ON KIDS

Sadly I don't keep track of it anymore

Yeah I listen to a lot of opiuo and tipper too. Opiuo changed the game IMO, but he is so technically proficient that he doesnt have to be creative in the same way that bassnectars early stuff was. Creative is the wrong word but I love musicians who are able to piece together something new and interesting using minimal technical skills. A couple of break beats, some samples, an 808 kick and a saw wave being combined in a new and interesting way. People like Esbe and gramatik are doing a good job on that front, but it's tough to find people innovating in that genre. The people that would be making it are instead going into dnb, dubstep, glitch, etc.

My point is subtle and meaningless but I thought I'd express it anyways. That's what forums are for right?
    I like Tipper, but his nu skool breaks stuff from the late 90s and early 2000s will always be my favorite of his.

Quote Originally Posted by pheelgood View Post
    i went to both 2011 and 2012. 2011 was waaaaaay better imo

i think it was mostly the crowd
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

Mesmerizing the Ultra is a great album, but don't expect him to play anything from that at Coachella.
    Agreed. His festival sets are fun, but a FAR cry from a regular 3 hour set from him. You get all kinds of old goodies in those.

i wanna see a 3 hour set of the nectar!

Only complaint about Bassnectar's upcoming Coachella set… it won't be long enough!! He always puts on a FANTASTIC show!

The freestyle ep is sick. Such gnarly sounds. Some strong reminders that he's been dropping 808s and rolling hi hats under heavy synths long before this trap craze blew up.
    DRUGS ON KIDS

Gonna be the best show of Coachella!

I loved when he dropped White Zombie in the Sahara in 2010
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Marques Wyatt - UCLA, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

Lets listen to some old Bassnectar.

Im soaked too! Its gonna be my 3rd time seen him!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSalazar View Post
    Im soaked too! Its gonna be my 3rd time seen him!
    Is english your first language?

Did anyone catch the live stream of his Ultra set?

Loren will blow folks away, mark it. you'll know (((feel))) when he hits the stage

last week at ultra

Quote Originally Posted by Ajo209 View Post

last week at ultra
    Damn dis 212 remix = sick. I am excited for people to complain about Bassnectar jumping on the trap bandwagon, when he was dropping ish of this nature like 5 years ago.

I wasn't sure if I was gonna catch bassnectar this year, but after watching a bunch of videos from his ultra set, I'm definitely not gonna miss him.
    Last edited by thagorillaz; 03-28-2013 at 01:35 PM.
    DRUGS ON KIDS

WOWZA
    I CAN HAZ SHUTTLE?

Huge fan of lorins work. Seen him at a lot of venues and destroys every single one. Caught him at the palladium in October and I swear he about brought the building down with basssssssss. Don't miss his set. Imagine him closing down the Sahara tent on Friday. Ppl would be going nuts all night