Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bassnectar 2013

Default Bassnectar 2013

I haven't seen anyone start a thread for him this year so I will cuz I am STOKED for his set. Bassnectar never disappoints and always has something fresh up his sleeve. Whether it be a remix to Song 2 by Blur, Intergalactic by Beastie Boys, Where is My Mind by Pixies, or hell even Pink Elephants on Parade from Dumbo. On top of that he is always pumping out live remixes he does on the spot. Regardless of what time his set will be or what stage it will be at, Bassnectar is gonna kill it!! Here's some tracks and some of my personal videos from other shows I've seen him at, Enjoy!!

Here are some of my videos. One of them has a sickk glowruption!!

Here's a dope mix I found.
    https://soundcloud.com/bassnectar/ba...morphous-music

TRACK LIST:

Beastie Boys - Intergalactic (Bassnectar Remix)

Bassnectar - Wildstyle [live edit]

Futurebound - Blind Cobblers Thumb (Giz-roc edit)

DC Breaks - The More I Want (Bassnectar edit)

BLUR - Song 2 (Bassnectar Remix)

Bassnectar & Jantsen - Red Step

NastyNasty - The Goalie (Bassnectar Remix)

Foamo - Centavo [live edit]

Bassnectar vs Mochipet - Sloppy Face

Shotgun Radio - A Bad Place Ft. Mimi Page (Minnesota Remix)

MyBack - Blomman

Little Jinder - Youth Blood (12th Planet & Flinch Remix)

Bassnectar - Underwater
    I CAN HAZ SHUTTLE?

Default Re: Bassnectar 2013

As much as this thread may get flamed by the regulars on the board, Bassnectar puts on a phenomenal live show. I, for one, am looking forward to it.

Loved his Vava Voom tour. Wasn't so impressed with his latest one though. Loren went Skrillex with his latest stuff.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NachoCat View Post
    As much as this thread may get flamed by the regulars on the board, Bassnectar puts on a phenomenal live show. I, for one, am looking forward to it.
    you are a regular on this board.

please do not read this as some kind of dig, or insult. just sayin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Most of the regulars on this board are so unknowingly ironic, amazingly and stereotypically self righteous and insanely predictable that you should feel lucky if they "grace" your thread with their immense vocabularies and "objective" wisdom. I don't really care for Bassnectar all that much, but i'm gonna go for at least part of his set for sure. Thx for the vids.

Don't know whats going to be harder to figure out friday, which bands to see and for how long OR which drugs to take and when...

He definitely knows how to throw a fun party.

Quote Originally Posted by themule View Post
    Don't know whats going to be harder to figure out friday, which bands to see and for how long OR which drugs to take and when...

Come on now, the latter is always the biggest conflict.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Quote Originally Posted by themule View Post
    Most of the regulars on this board are so unknowingly ironic, amazingly and stereotypically self righteous and insanely predictable that you should feel lucky if they "grace" your thread with their immense vocabularies and "objective" wisdom. I don't really care for Bassnectar all that much, but i'm gonna go for at least part of his set for sure. Thx for the vids.

Haha I'm ready to embrace the objective criticism. I'm on this board enough to know its bound to happen. Shit, it makes me crack up some times. Im in the same boat as you as far as Friday goes. As much as i would love to catch Bassnectar's whole set, there are bands that I have never seen. So I am ready for conflicts. I just have to figure out how long to stay at each set and appropriate times to eat my goodies.
    I CAN HAZ SHUTTLE?

Actually really dug his set in 2010. Excited to see him again this year
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Time Stretch is by far my favorite tune of theirs.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

I've been going to Bassnectar shows since 2006 and will still make an effort to catch his set.

He has definitely paid his dues so it's pretty cool to him getting huge gigs like this, but sad at the same time.

If you guys haven't seen him before I recommend checking it out. But if you've seen him before and have a conflict you should probably see the other artist because Bassnectar will be back around.

If he plays Mesmerizing the Ultra I will be there...... That is still one of my favorite albums, his new stuff is just meh...

Bassnectar at his finest!!!

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Time Stretch is by far my favorite tune of theirs.
    It's just one guy, Lorin. Yeah bassnectar tends to throw a good set. I think he peaked as a DJ in fall of 2010 (I only specify so much because I have seen him about 5 times since then)

I hope he proves me wrong this year though! I'm sure he is loving/loling@ the trap explosion. He was making drumstep before it was called drumstep, glitch hop before it was called glitch hop, dubstep before it was called dubstep and trap before it was called trap
    DRUGS ON KIDS

If any board members flame this thread then they need to be reminded of themselves 4/5 years ago when they were BEGGING for a bassnectar booking.
    DRUGS ON KIDS

Mesmerizing the Ultra is a great album, but don't expect him to play anything from that at Coachella.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    I've been going to Bassnectar shows since 2006 and will still make an effort to catch his set.

He has definitely paid his dues so it's pretty cool to him getting huge gigs like this, but sad at the same time.

If you guys haven't seen him before I recommend checking it out. But if you've seen him before and have a conflict you should probably see the other artist because Bassnectar will be back around.
    Good advice and well said. I've seen him numerous times at some pretty insanely small places. He's not my favorite, but he puts on a good show and has for sure paid his dues (wish I could find the video of him explaining why CDJ's were the future back in the late 90's when everyone thought he was crazy). I'm gonna try to see some of his set on principle.
    Last edited by themule; 02-05-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thagorillaz View Post
    It's just one guy, Lorin. Yeah bassnectar tends to throw a good set. I think he peaked as a DJ in fall of 2010 (I only specify so much because I have seen him about 5 times since then)

I hope he proves me wrong this year though! I'm sure he is loving/loling@ the trap explosion. He was making drumstep before it was called drumstep, glitch hop before it was called glitch hop, dubstep before it was called dubstep and trap before it was called trap
    I did notice a alittle downgrade in set quality after 2010 because i saw him in 2011 and even though it was a good set, It wasn't anything special. Then I saw him in 2012 and he brought the fuckin house down. I think he's gonna go all in this year.
    I CAN HAZ SHUTTLE?

Mesa, Az, Amsterdam and Antwerp when I can!

As for BassNectar, I am so excited to see him. It will be one of my high lights from the Festival.

No ones opinion matters here but your own.
    99, 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11,12,13, 14
    Dancing In The Desert and Loving Every Minute of Coachella!

Check out my Coachella pictures at Flickr.com under AJVaughn.com. Other art work there also!
    There are 3 Coachella sets on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanjvaughn/sets

seen him 3 times, its not to be missed, looking forward. Timestretch EP and before > Vava vroom or Divergent Spectrum though (new shit)

Quote Originally Posted by artisticcreator View Post
    As for BassNectar, I am so excited to see him. It will be one of my high lights from the Festival.

I agree with this....but damn dude, the only chella you missed was 2004?? I'm really sorry. I don't even want to know what happened to you in 2004 that made you miss it...;-) You better have been in Amsterdam, at lowlands or roskilde or something ha ha.

this

Quote Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
    Loved his Vava Voom tour. Wasn't so impressed with his latest one though. Loren went Skrillex with his latest stuff.
    No, he fucking didnt

I tried to like bassnectar in 2010, but the bass was so loud it was shaking every organ in my body, I thought I was having palpitations and started to panic. It's amazing to me that you guys can enjoy this - I don't mean musically, but from a how do you enjoy yourself if you feel like your body is going to start failing you kind of way.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    but dude, these guys are talking about wizards piss, they're already in danger mode.

Quote Originally Posted by artisticcreator View Post
    This should be posted on every thread. As for Bassnectar, I can't wait for this set, both times I have seen him have been unreal. He also did an AMA on Reddit yesterday that is worth a read if you have got the time
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Can't be more bro than Gotye.

i like bassnectar, will be there at least one of the weekends. hope to god he skips playing this mistake though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fidoosh View Post
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

Haha I like the Bro hymn Remix, but mostly because I was obsessed with Pennywise in middle school.

Yeah set times permitting I will check out the nectar. He was solid at Lightning in a Bottle last year, but played a pretty safe set. Not as much experimentation as I am used to. I feel like distance from an album release is a plus for Bassnectar sets.

This is one of the least negative threads I've seen in a while by the way, good work gang!
    DRUGS ON KIDS

Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
    i like bassnectar, will be there at least one of the weekends. hope to god he skips playing this mistake though.
    I feel you on this. Even though I do enjoy this song, when I saw him in 2012, he played this song during his set and everyone didn't stop chanting the "oohhhh ohhh ooh oh" till the WEE hours of the morning. After the first hour I was like JESUS CHRIST GIVE IT A BREAK ALREADY!!
    I CAN HAZ SHUTTLE?

Some of my footage of BASSNECTAR last year at Lolla closing down Perry's...... "EMPATHY" into "LIGHTS" @ 2:10

CANT WAIT FOR THIS AGAIN.......... only this time my son won't be there so I can tear it off.

OK my audio sucks - but here is Bassnectar 2010. I thought he was great live, but then I wore earplugs. Ha. It appears he played the Sahara at sundown.