Thread: Lake Eldorado Weekend 1

Lurker

Talking Lake Eldorado Weekend 1

Me & my friend are coming from Scotland weekend 1 staying in Lake Eldorado.

Excited to meet our fellow campers!

Lurker

Default Re: Lake Eldorado Weekend 1

I feel like Eldorado will be perfect combination of camping and ease. Excited to see what its like compared to other forms of staying at Coachella.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by col_x View Post
    I feel like Eldorado will be perfect combination of camping and ease. Excited to see what its like compared to other forms of staying at Coachella.
    This is my 1st coachella so i have no comparison have you been before? Its easy for us so we dont have to bring much with us from the UK.

You will love the Lake Eldorado experience. This will be my 2nd year.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by ummnosir View Post
    You will love the Lake Eldorado experience. This will be my 2nd year.
    Im counting down the days!
    What time does everyone start arriving? Does it get pretty full come the Thursday evening?

Quote Originally Posted by missldaly View Post
    Im counting down the days!
    What time does everyone start arriving? Does it get pretty full come the Thursday evening?
    We arrived around 11am on Thursday last year and there were a few groups of people there. Definitely filled in by Thursday night, but still not overly packed. I'll be getting there around 1pm this year.

Lurker

We arrived around 11am on Thursday last year and there were a few groups of people there. Definitely filled in by Thursday night, but still not overly packed. I'll be getting there around 1pm this year.
    We should be getting there just after 11am so we should hopefully get a good spot.

Is there a crowd of you going?

Plus it says:

"community games and activities throughout the grassy grounds." what kind of things do they do?

Quote Originally Posted by missldaly View Post
    We should be getting there just after 11am so we should hopefully get a good spot.

Is there a crowd of you going?

Plus it says:

"community games and activities throughout the grassy grounds." what kind of things do they do?
    A tad deceiving... Last year I went on Weekend 2. By that time, the grass was dead. Hopefully it'll be a little different this year. And as for 'community games and activities', I'm assuming they are talking about the activities throughout the entire camp (car camp, tent camp, etc) because there was nothing special last year for just the Lake Eldorado campers. Regardless, get ready to have a killer time. This is my 6th Coachella (2nd using Lake Eldorado) and it gets better every year. Its so nice not having to travel with tons of camping gear. Nice to arrive and it's all set up for you. I've got a group of 4 going this year.

Lurker

A tad deceiving... Last year I went on Weekend 2. By that time, the grass was dead. Hopefully it'll be a little different this year. And as for 'community games and activities', I'm assuming they are talking about the activities throughout the entire camp (car camp, tent camp, etc) because there was nothing special last year for just the Lake Eldorado campers. Regardless, get ready to have a killer time. This is my 6th Coachella (2nd using Lake Eldorado) and it gets better every year. Its so nice not having to travel with tons of camping gear. Nice to arrive and it's all set up for you. I've got a group of 4 going this year.

I'm counting down the days!

there's just 2 of us going and its my birthday on the Friday so I'm hoping i meet lots of fun people to party and celebrate with!

My friend and I are coming from Australia! Can't wait!

One of the nice things about Lake Eldorado, is serentity. The regular campgrounds can get a bit crazy, and for some reason even though they've been going strong all day, some folks just won't sleep, and don't care if you want/need to either.
    Even though I look it, I'm not a cop.

Coachella 10, 12.1, 13.1, 14.2
    SXSW 14
    Lalapalooza 94

Hello! I need a teepee with GA passes, if you know of something let me know. thanks!

Hi all - I'm coming from Nottingham in the UK for my first Coachella experience. Weekend 1 - Lake Eldorado. It will be the last weekend of our honeymoon and we're coming across from Hawaii - getting in to LA at 6am - so probably gonna get to the grounds way too early :s Hopefully it wont take long to fill up on Thursday! Can't wait to see you all!

See you all there. This is my third year doing El Dorado and I couldn't be more excited. Beautiful venue, chill crowd, proximity to all the action but it's also mellow and easy to sleep, hang out during the day, etc. The first year we got there maybe around 2:00, and were able to get one of the last four person tents that opened up to the lake. Last year, none of the four person tents opened up to the lake, they reserved that just for teepees, but we were able to get a tent maybe 3 or 4 tents in from the lake, and we got there at maybe 11:30 am.

The games thing is a ruse, there were none that I saw either year, although they did have a campsite DJ on some of the nights...Mantastique, who also opened up the main stage on Sunday, to about 20 people.

Line for the shower was at most 5 minutes, and usually I could walk in. You can virtually always find one spot for the charging stations as well.

It'll be close. The teepee's have always been next to the water and they're packed in pretty tight.645.jpg

Lurker

We'll be the ones with the Scotland flag somewhere near so stop by and say Hi!

Hi horte_meza,

I am selling a 4 person teepee (with 4 x GA passes). Unfortunately, we cannot make it to Coachella this year

Email me at lazyboy777@icloud.com if you are interested..

Quote Originally Posted by horte_meza View Post
    Hello! I need a teepee with GA passes, if you know of something let me know. thanks!
    Hi horte_meza,

I am selling a 4 person teepee (with 4 x GA passes). Unfortunately, we cannot make it to Coachella this year

Email me at lazyboy777@icloud.com if you are interested..