Thread: LOCALchella 2013 predictions...

Question LOCALchella 2013 predictions...

last year marked the first time the our beloved festival became a two-weekend creature. for that reason, goldenvoice probably decided to make the best of it and capitalize while bands were in town by putting on a barrage of shows throughout several venues.

*considering that some shows from this year’s line-up have already been scheduled (phoenix in vegas [for $35, no less!], the postal service in vegas and san luis obispo, and new order and johnny marr at the santa barbara bowl), i’m thinking there is a very high likelihood that there are more to come.

if this does indeed happen again (which here’s hoping that it does), which artist (and appropriate venue, if you’re so inclined) do you think are most likely to happen?

my wishlist:
    café tacvba @ anywhere!
    violent femmes @ the orpheum
    franz ferdinand @ the fonda
    lou reed @ the orpheum
    dead can dance @ the orpheum
    vampire weekend @ the fox theater
    how to destroy angels @ clubnokia
    modest mouse @ the fox theater
    major lazer @ the echoplex
    poliça @ the echo
    OMD @ clubnokia

below is a graphic from last year's shows...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cuauhtemoc723; 02-04-2013 at 04:29 PM. Reason: better/biger picture
    Jagwar Ma ● the Knife ● GOAT ● the Preatures ● Bo Ningen ● Woodkid ● QOTSA ● Foxygen ● Little Dragon
    DARKSIDE ● Lorde ● Temples ● Factory Floor ● Banks ● Duck Sauce ● Grouplove ● Pet Shop Boys
    ††† ● OutKast ● Muse ● Mogwai ● Austra ● CHVRCHES ● Syd Arthur ● J. Roddy Watson & the Business

wishlist, still: wishlist, still: missy elliot●oingo boingo●talking heads●grace jones●george clinton●fiona apple
    sweat.x●jamiroquai●space●hooverphonic●los fabulosos cadillacs●la santa cecilia

Default Re: LOCALchella 2013 predictions...

Sigur Ros at some super small venue please
    Arcade Fire 10/29 @ The Capital Building
    Arcade Fire 10/31 @ The Palladium
    Two Door Cinema Club 11/1 @ The Fox
    Father John Misty 11/2 @ The Wiltern
    Day of the Dead 11/2&3 @ LA Historic Park
    The Head and the Heart 12/7 @ The Wiltern
    Volcano Choir 1/18 @ The Fonda

The Selecter is playing Pomona on 4/15.

Wish they would have made it later in the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_Garrett View Post
    Sigur Ros at some super small venue please
    since they just played last year at hollywood forever cemetery, i doubt it.
    but for your sake, i can see them playing at the el rey theater (that's a small awesome venue. and miike snow played two show last year. see attached visual above).

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn163 View Post
    The Selecter is playing Pomona on 4/15. Wish they would have made it later in the week.
    because you're going to weekend one, i assume?
    they'll play a twice long set in pomona, i bet.
    Jagwar Ma ● the Knife ● GOAT ● the Preatures ● Bo Ningen ● Woodkid ● QOTSA ● Foxygen ● Little Dragon
    DARKSIDE ● Lorde ● Temples ● Factory Floor ● Banks ● Duck Sauce ● Grouplove ● Pet Shop Boys
    ††† ● OutKast ● Muse ● Mogwai ● Austra ● CHVRCHES ● Syd Arthur ● J. Roddy Watson & the Business

wishlist, still: wishlist, still: missy elliot●oingo boingo●talking heads●grace jones●george clinton●fiona apple

Quote Originally Posted by cuauhtemoc723 View Post
    but for your sake, i can see them playing at the el rey theater (that's a small awesome venue. and miike snow played two show last year. see attached visual above).
    I love the El Rey and I can Definately see them playing a couple if night there, or the Fonda, or Fox. Bon Iver was billed higher and played the fox so I can actually see this happening

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_Garrett View Post
    I love the El Rey and I can Definately see them playing a couple if night there, or the Fonda, or Fox. Bon Iver was billed higher and played the fox so I can actually see this happening
    yeah, he was a subheadliner. well, here's hoping that if they don't have conflicting tour dates (they go up to the bay area or neighboring states, maybe even mexico like radiohead did), they play.

I would love to see a Descendents show, as well as a Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds and/or Grinderman show added.
    Last edited by ultimatedam; 02-05-2013 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatedam View Post
    I would love to see a Descendants show, as well as a Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds and/or Grinderman show added.
    correct me if i'm wrong, but i think descendants headline fyf fest in 2011? either way, here's hoping...

nick cave & the bad seeds just sold out a show at the fonda at $120/ticket (+ service charges!!!), it's february 21st.
    and i doubt that grinderman will have their own show if coachella was the only reason to resurrect the group.

but you never know...

DescendEnts.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    DescendEnts.

I'm just hoping to do as well as last year, when I caught Refused at the Glass House, Madness at Club Nokia, and Pulp at the Fox Theatre, as well as seeing Elvis Costello at the Wiltern. Combined with Weekend 1, it was a good trip to LA.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatedam View Post
    I'm just hoping to do as well as last year, when I caught Refused at the Glass House, Madness at Club Nokia, and Pulp at the Fox Theatre, as well as seeing Elvis Costello at the Wiltern. Combined with Weekend 1, it was a good trip to LA.
    that is an awesome week/trip in LA!

i went to kasabian at the fonda and gotye at the nokia theater. in hindsight, i wish i would have gone to more shows, but finances weren't up to par.

here's hoping that we get something like last year. or better!

Pappy & Harriet's FTW. Their dates are showing fairly empty right now.

I hope there's a good show at The Glass House or Fox Theater.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Pappy & Harriet's FTW. Their dates are showing fairly empty right now.
    I check Pappy & Harriet's show schedule everyday hoping they book someone I'd like to see on 18th(Thu) or 22nd(Mon).
    Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
    - Kurt Vonnegut

April.jpg

Pretty solid this year. Ill hopefully make it out to Beach House, Yeasayer, Modest Mouse, The XX, Portugal the Man, and Japandroids/Cloud Nothings.

I don't know why it's not on the flyer but Franz Ferdinand is playing at Pappy & Harriet's on April 18th (Thursday).
    http://www.pappyandharriets.com/even...on-indoor-show
    - Kurt Vonnegut

my wishlist:
    franz ferdinand @ the fonda
    lou reed @ the orpheum
    vampire weekend @ the fox theater
    how to destroy angels @ clubnokia (playing the fox theater)
    modest mouse @ the fox theater
    poliça @ the echo (playing the observatory)
    OMD @ clubnokia (playing the fonda)
    i should've taken bets, i guessed 7 right out of the 11.
    goldenvoice even picked some of the same venues as i did.

Quote Originally Posted by omerta View Post
    I don't know why it's not on the flyer but Franz Ferdinand is playing at Pappy & Harriet's on April 18th (Thursday).
    http://www.pappyandharriets.com/even...on-indoor-show
    they are way at the bottom between the "ADDITIONAL SHOWS" banner and the "FOLLOW @GOLDENVOICE FOR UPDATES"
    it's the blue "PIONEERTOWN" shows.

another unlisted show is SPARKS 4/16 at the masonic lodge at hollywood forever cemetery. my guess is that this was not on the graphic because it's not a goldenvoice show.
    Last edited by cuauhtemoc723; 02-26-2013 at 04:06 PM. Reason: grammar

i should've taken bets, i guessed 7 right out of the 11.
    goldenvoice even picked some of the same venues as i did.

they are way at the bottom between the "ADDITIONAL SHOWS" banner and the "FOLLOW @GOLDENVOICE FOR UPDATES"

another unlisted show is SPARKS 4/16 at the masonic lodge at hollywood forever cemetery. my guess is that this was not on the graphic because it's not a goldenvoice show.

Just like The Troubadour, The Echo and The Observatory are not Goldenvoice venues, right.....

Oh I see.

I wish they add someone at Pappy & Harriet's on Monday (22nd) when I'll have dinner there.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Sigur Ros at El Rey would be fucking rad

my wishlist:
    café tacvba @ anywhere!
    Second... I would fucking go to San Diego or Vegas to see them in a small venue. Much better if they play here in LA.

It would be a little tough to match them with another Coachella band though.
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

Quote Originally Posted by ialvarado2 View Post
    Sigur Ros at El Rey would be fucking rad

Second... I would fucking go to San Diego or Vegas to see them in a small venue. Much better if they play here in LA.

It would be a little tough to match them with another Coachella band though.
    i just got tickets to café tacvba @ the ventura theater. they're playing 4/11 $54 (VIP & pit access), $39 gen. admission.
    oh, happy world!

yeah, it's far, but it's also my favorite music artist.