Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 - Sunday Set Time Predictions

Default Re: 2013 - Sunday Set Time Predictions

These new set times are 1000x better than before. I think Rodriguez on the outdoor is the right call. If Searching For Sugar Man wins the Oscar, I bet Rodriguez will get the sunset slot on the outdoor though. I know that sort speculation is a bit ridiculous... but it seems like every day Rodriguez is becoming more and more of a known name, and a lot of that has to do with the film winning huge critical acclaim, as well as getting an Oscar nod. You can bet there will be even more attention on him if the film wins. I think Paul Tollet would recognize this and give Rodriguez a more desirable spot on the Outdoor.

As for changes... there is no way OMD are in the gobi. Thee Oh Sees wont get a night time slot, and Kurt Vile will be on pretty early in the day. Maybe do a straight up switch of Kurt Vile and Ghost. I think Ghost are pretty much guaranteed a night time slot.

Also, this may be kind of a nitpicky thing... but I have a feeling Grimes will close the mojave. I would switch The Faint and Grimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Take Alex Clare out of the Sahara

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    irt raider klan

odd future played the sahara and when i did the prediction most other slots that fit their billing were taken.
    Right, I'm not positive on this, but weren't odd future originally scheduled for the dome and only put there once they blew up leading into the festival?
    I'd normally say they close the Gobi but Wu-Tang closing the Outdoor is logical and those are the only two hip-hop acts on Sunday so they probably won't conflict.

I think Jeff the Brotherhood or possibly Kurt Vile could play an early main stage spot (bump down deep valley and put one in between them and the Gaslight Anthem). Raider Klan could take that spot in the Gobi.

Also, what if we move Mord Fustang to the Sahara and Alex Clare to the Gobi?

Mord Fustang is really shitty live.. well actually he's shitty in general so he will be in the sahara.

I can't imagine Chili peppers going on with all the stages still open.. especially with wu-tang and Prydz still going. You are even giving the bros who want to see rhcp the choice to see brostep legend excision new shitty light show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silence Kid View Post
    Right, I'm not positive on this, but weren't odd future originally scheduled for the dome and only put there once they blew up leading into the festival?
    I'd normally say they close the Gobi but Wu-Tang closing the Outdoor is logical and those are the only two hip-hop acts on Sunday so they probably won't conflict.
    yes but they could have just as easily been put in the mojave considering the mojave and sahara were the same size beginning in 2011.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

rage, i initially had ghost closing the gobi instead of thee oh sees but i thought they might be billed too low for that. i did inquire about peope's opinions on the first page before i finished my mock.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....

yes but they could have just as easily been put in the mojave considering the mojave and sahara were the same size beginning in 2011.
    Okay, I suppose there's precedent. Until there's more info about the new stage, I'll just say Raider Klan looks very out of place with the acts we're predicting play there the rest of the weekend.

Tame Impala vs. James Blake would KILL me. I feel like James Blake will close the Mohave and Tame Impala will have the sunset set on the Outdoor.

second vote for OMD on the Outdoor (switching them with Dead Can Dance makes the most sense to me). I'd also switch Grimes and The Faint. I can't imagine Grimes would conflict with NC&BS, but that might just be wishful thinking on my part because they are my #1 and #2 for Sunday.

About Rodriguez, I still bet he's in a tent but I have no problem with his current stage/slot. I do hope Sugarman wins for best doc feature. I've actually seen three of them (the one about the Israeli secret service heads is pretty awesome. The one about the culture of rape in the army is just super gut-wrenching and sad). Sugarman is the only uplifting one among them.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

I'd switch Cloud Nothings and Smith Westerns. Cloud Nothings is perfect for a mid-day Mojave set.

On the flip-side regarding the new stage size, I've heard people say that it will possibly be like the dome, which I think is wrong - I doubt it would be smaller than the Gobi. Unfortunately the size of the tent is going to massively impact the set times, so if we guess wrong all of our EDM set times will probably be way off for the whole weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    but dude, these guys are talking about wizards piss, they're already in danger mode.

Quote Originally Posted by seitron View Post
    On the flip-side regarding the new stage size, I've heard people say that it will possibly be like the dome, which I think is wrong - I doubt it would be smaller than the Gobi. Unfortunately the size of the tent is going to massively impact the set times, so if we guess wrong all of our EDM set times will probably be way off for the whole weekend.
    I don't think it will be very big. It might even be smaller than the Gobi, maybe it will even be the old Gobi. My guess is that this is intended to be an alternative electronic tent featuring smaller names playing deeper sets. For example, how many people would realistically choose to watch, say, a two hour Maya Jane Coles set at night against a huge-name Sahara act and four other stages. Not very many. A couple thousand at most. It's a niche market.

Boourns, regarding your Sunday set times on your clashfinder page... Paul Kalkbrenner is a MASSIVE electronic artist in Europe and he doesn't play NA very often. I can't imagine him getting less than 90 minutes. I wouldn't even be surprised if he was given a 2 hour long set. In other words, he will NOT be simply getting 50 minutes.

Also, as I discussed earlier, Rodriguez will NOT be in a tent. A quick switch with Dinosaur Jr. could fix that problem.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Boourns, regarding your Sunday set times on your clashfinder page... Paul Kalkbrenner is a MASSIVE electronic artist in Europe and he doesn't play NA very often. I can't imagine him getting less than 90 minutes. I wouldn't even be surprised if he was given a 2 hour long set. In other words, he will NOT be simply getting 50 minutes.
    Like how Aphex Twin got a long set?

The problem with Sunday is there are so many electronic acts, especially when compared to Saturday, and it has an earlier curfew. I figure someone will get a long set, so I just switched him.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    I don't think it will be very big. It might even be smaller than the Gobi, maybe it will even be the old Gobi. My guess is that this is intended to be an alternative electronic tent featuring smaller names playing deeper sets. For example, how many people would realistically choose to watch, say, a two hour Maya Jane Coles set at night against a huge-name Sahara act and four other stages. Not very many. A couple thousand at most. It's a niche market.
    I was considering this as well. If it really is just the old Gobi, perhaps we are focusing too hard on putting certain EDM acts in there when any act can be spread across the tents. If that is the case I can see certain bands playing in there and some of the hip hop this year as well.

Jaimie XX could hold down the Gobi while Danny Brown tears up the new smaller stage for example.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows

Events
    Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015, SDCC 7/9-12/2015

I think wherever OMD plays, The Faint will follow. Unless OMD gets an early main stage set.

Dead Can Dance at 6:30 isn't happening. Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by alec111 View Post
    I think wherever OMD plays, The Faint will follow. Unless OMD gets an early main stage set.
    I think where OMD on Boourns Clashfinder page makes most sense, 7:00 Mojave
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

was it mentioned that you forgot disclosure? i could be blind tho...

Quote Originally Posted by streamline View Post
    was it mentioned that you forgot disclosure? i could be blind tho...
    Yeah, they're still left out. Late Gobi set?
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

I see Disclosure playing the Sahara during the day.

just for the sheer number of electronic acts, i feel like disclosure will end up in the gobie.

just for the sheer number of electronic acts, i feel like disclosure will end up in the gobie.
    You're right. But what about the new stage that's rumored?

Maybe it'll be reserved for the less well known electronic acts?

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Like how Aphex Twin got a long set?
    I know in the grand scheme of things facebook likes don't mean shit... but Paul Kalkbrenner has more likes on facebook than any other artist playing Coachella beside RHCP. So, I say remove Raider Klan from the "new" tent and extend Kalkbrenner's set time to 90 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by ethanriver7 View Post
    Tame Impala vs. James Blake would KILL me. I feel like James Blake will close the Mohave and Tame Impala will have the sunset set on the Outdoor.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I know in the grand scheme of things facebook likes don't mean shit... but Paul Kalkbrenner has more likes on facebook than any other artist playing Coachella beside RHCP. So, I say remove Raider Klan from the "new" tent and extend Kalkbrenner's set time to 90 minutes.
    Okay, extended his set.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

Nice. Your new Sunday times look pretty great right now actually. The outdoor seems to make a lot of sense. And I like how during the day people are able to see basically full sets from JEFF The Brotherhood, Cloud Nothings, and Thee Oh Sees, because I suspect those 3 acts will basically have the exact same crowds. The only thing is I still really doubt Raider Klan will be in the new dance tent. They are a rap group after all...

Also... that Grimes/ Nick Cave/ Paul Kalkbrenner conflict would kill me.

not understanding how grimes/nick cave is a conlict.

not understanding how grimes/nick cave is a conlict.
    On Boourns schedule they overlap by 15 minutes. I want to upclose for Nick Cave though, so I would have to miss Grimes entire set in order to get my spot for Cave. So... Grimes and Cave are conflicting.

Good to know about Raider Klan. No idea why someone told me to put them there. Will move.