Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2013 - Sunday Set Time Predictions

Default Re: 2013 - Sunday Set Time Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by usedwardrobe View Post
    Do people really think Eric Prydz will only get an hour, while every electronic act on the new stage will get 1.5-2x Prydz set length?
    ^^ NOooo way Prydz plays a set less than 90 mins.

Wu Tang is gonna be a pre close on the main stage vs. RHCP.

They will get an hour and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by gam3g3ni3 View Post
    Wu Tang is gonna be a pre close on the main stage vs. RHCP.

They will get an hour and a half.
    huh
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

JDH & Dave P added and definitely belong in the Sahara early. Way too many electronic artists on Sunday for there not to be electronic acts in other stages. Does Pretty Lights really move to the Main Stage similar to Justice?

I know billing doesn't always dictate where and when you will play but Justice was 2nd on the second line. Pretty Lights is on the 3rd line i believe? Regardless Pretty Lights live show wasn't that fun when i saw him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

Quote Originally Posted by lt.roast.a.botch View Post
    JDH & Dave P added and definitely belong in the Sahara early. Way too many electronic artists on Sunday for there not to be electronic acts in other stages. Does Pretty Lights really move to the Main Stage similar to Justice?
    What about Pretty Lights closing the Outdoor?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

pretty lights has to be on the main stage. his stage setup is too big to fit anywhere else

You guys.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

OH I AM SO PISSED ABOUT THE CLOUD NOTHINGS - GASLIGHT ANTHEM CONFLICT COME ON DUDES
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by kerby14 View Post
    pretty lights has to be on the main stage. his stage setup is too big to fit anywhere else
    Not true. It could easily fit on any of the stages. Amon Tobin was in the Mojave last year and his rig is just as big if not bigger than PL's. If anything, his set up would look tiny on the main stage.

Quote Originally Posted by kerby14 View Post
    LOL

While Pretty Lights on another stage isn't totally out of the question and could happen, the number #1 and #2 Sahara acts are billed exactly the same place on each day, first two bands on the third line (Bassnectar/Dog Blood, Knife Party/Benassi, Pretty Lights/Prydz). Seems like a solid indicator these acts are all lumped together in Paul Tollett's mind as "Sahara".

We all know that Paul personally selects the billing order.

Quote Originally Posted by PulpAffliction View Post
    We all know that Paul personally selects the billing order.
    So I guess the 1st and 2nd highest billed Sahara acts being in the exact same place on the poster, every day, is a completely random coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    While Pretty Lights on another stage isn't totally out of the question and could happen, the number #1 and #2 Sahara acts are billed exactly the same place on each day, first two bands on the third line (Bassnectar/Dog Blood, Knife Party/Benassi, Pretty Lights/Prydz). Seems like a solid indicator these acts are all lumped together in Paul Tollett's mind as "Sahara".
    ^^ This I agree with! But some of the Sahara acts are all over the place. For example, Hardwell is one of the biggest DJs out there right now (and in my mind will play at night for sure!), as are Nicky Romero, Fedde le Grand ... even Danny Avila are well-known in the current "EDM" scene. It seems a bit all over the place atm.

Wu Tang beween Tame Impala and Vampire Weekend would be too perfect hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    This sound right. So how about moving either Tanlines or The Three-oclock to the Main early, and move Raider Klan to before Ghost B.C.
    The Three O'Clock into Dinosaur Jr. sounds right and Raider Klan doing a late night tent works as well. Done.

Okay, I moved The Three O'Clock from the Gobi onto the Main right before Dinosaur Jr., moved everyone else in the Gobi down respectively, and then popped Raider Klan in before Ghost B.C.

I'm reluctant to add JDH & Dave P to the Sahara and adjust times until we get some sort of consensus on which Sahara act has the greatest likelihood of playing another stage.

Also, any love for a potential Wu-Tang Clan/The Lumineers switch? Tame Impala>The Lumineers>Vampire Weekend makes sense and would provide a night slot for Wu-Tang Clan.

I would hope they would not have Rodriguez directly conflict with Father John Misty. Both folky and
    would have the same fan base. i.e. ME not wanting to miss either set. Switch Father John Misty and
    Gaslight Anthem. Then I can do Kurt Vile > Father John Misty > Rodriguez

Quote Originally Posted by autopsy turvey View Post
    Okay, I moved The Three O'Clock from the Gobi onto the Main right before Dinosaur Jr., moved everyone else in the Gobi down respectively, and then popped Raider Klan in before Ghost B.C.

I'm reluctant to add JDH & Dave P to the Sahara and adjust times until we get some sort of consensus on which Sahara act has the greatest likelihood of playing another stage.

Also, any love for a potential Wu-Tang Clan/The Lumineers switch? Tame Impala>The Lumineers>Vampire Weekend makes sense and would provide a night slot for Wu-Tang Clan.

I'd keep Wu-Tu Clan on main, putting The Lumineers before them. Switch Tame Impala to Outdoor under Rodriguez going up one place taking The Lumineers spot.

RHCP
    Nick Cave
    Vampire Weekend
    Wu-Tang Clan
    The Lumineers
    The Gaslight Anthem
    Dinosaur JR

Social Distortion
    La Roux
    Tame Impala
    Rodriguez
    The Airborne Toxic Event
    Last edited by gary312; 03-23-2013 at 10:02 AM.

I like the idea of switching Tame Imapala and Lumineeers. Wu-Tang should definitely stay on the mainstage. With Sunday having a relatively lighter lineup, I foresee them having a gigantic crowd.

gaslight anthem will be on the mainstage in the tame impala slot
    tame impala will be on the outdoor stage and later in the day

Quote Originally Posted by myfirstcoachella View Post
    I wish this was true, but my gut tells me they'll play the Main stage. I wish they'd get a sunset/sundown slot on the Outdoor
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!

Quote Originally Posted by myfirstcoachella View Post
    I wish this was true, but my gut tells me they'll play the Main stage. I wish they'd get a sunset/sundown slot on the Outdoor
    I've changed my thought a bit. Putting The Gaslight back on main stage, Tame Impala up on on the Outdoor to 3rd with Rodriguez down one.

Also shifted The Airborne Toxic Event to Outdoor as I thought pushing them down to 8th with only one act below was a little low. I don't really know if they'd defo be on main or not though.

Wu-Tang, although I wouldn't see, separates the cheese if you like between The Lumineers and Vampire Weekend.

Disclosure in the Gobi would be a huge mistake...that crowd is going to be huge.
    feel my mother fucking bass in your face...sensually.

Quote Originally Posted by themule View Post
    Disclosure in the Gobi would be a huge mistake...that crowd is going to be huge.
    Switch Disclosure with The Faint?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

Quote Originally Posted by themule View Post
    I disagree. Both Flying Lotus and SBTRKT were more popular last year than Disclosure is now, and the Gobi wasn't really that packed when they played.

I disagree. Both Flying Lotus and SBTRKT were more popular last year than Disclosure is now, and the Gobi wasn't really that packed when they played.
    I'm not sure this is right. Neither Flying Lotus, nor SBTRKT, have a track as huge as Latch is right now, do they? Disclosure in the Gobi will be super packed, but that doesn't mean it's the wrong place for them. This day seems like it needs one more act moved into the new tent, but I have no idea who could move. Excision, Mimosa, or Mord Fustang could all probably move out of the Sahara and into the Gobi or Mojave, but those tents are already packed all day.
    Darkside (1/25)
    Oneohtrix Point Never (2/7)
    Four Tet (3/7) / Voices from the Lake (live) (3/7)
    London Grammar (3/25)
    Trentemoller (4/5)
    Factory Floor (4/15)
    Coachella (4/18-4/20)
    Haxan Cloak (5/15)

Quote Originally Posted by Ray del Mundo View Post
    I'm not sure this is right. Neither Flying Lotus, nor SBTRKT, have a track as huge as Latch is right now, do they? Disclosure in the Gobi will be super packed, but that doesn't mean it's the wrong place for them. This day seems like it needs one more act moved into the new tent, but I have no idea who could move. Excision, Mimosa, or Mord Fustang could all probably move out of the Sahara and into the Gobi or Mojave, but those tents are already packed all day.
    Wildfire, especially with the Drake remix, was just as big as Latch (bigger in my mind, actually, but I also admit I've had my blinders on for the past few months). I think Gobi is fine for them.

Ok I just sent emails to Disclosure and Tanlines booking agents asking about their set times.